Thread: Ron Artest to be an assistant coach for a HS girls basketball team

Default Ron Artest to be an assistant coach for a HS girls basketball team

http://thebiglead.com/2014/06/12/met...m-next-season/

Metta World Peace Will Be an Assistant Coach on a Girls High School Basketball Team Next Season

Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) is going to be a basketball coach, it seems. Nope, not in the NBA, or even college basketball, but in high school basketball.

For a girls team.

According to the Palisadian Post, a community newspaper in California, Artest will be a member of the Palisades High Dolphins coaching staff for the 2014-2015 season. The teamís coach, Torino Johnson, also tweeted the news last night. Metta World Peace turns 35 in November, and his NBA career might be over. The Knicks waived him in February, and nobody picked him up for the stretch run at the end of the season. Itís unclear whether or not heíll have any bites in July, once free agency begins.

The Dolphins went 21-12 last season.

Default Re: Ron Artest to be an assistant coach for a HS girls basketball team

Lord have mercy.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I keep saying, no headline involving Ron will ever surprise me.

The headline could read "Ron Artest rides Unicorn into Battle with Martians" and I'd say to myself "Yep that sounds about right. Looking good Ron!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Would not be very happy if my daughter played on that team.

I'd be fine if my daughter played on that team.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I get that Pacer fans will always have bad memories of him, but I'd be fine if my daughter played on that team. You'd learn so much about the game from him. He's an NBA champion and had the love of Kobe Bryant. When the Lakers let Artest go last summer, Kobe was upset about it. That says a lot to me considering that Kobe is notoriously difficult on his teammates and expects them to be as competitive as him. If you have the love of the Mamba, then you're doing something right.

Fatman the Malevolent
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ron is back at it now that he possibly might not be back in the league next year.

He probably is getting back into the music business and looking for young raw talent at the high school level while still being able to be involved with his second love, basketball...

Its kind of like the RL version of Hangin' with Mr. Cooper..er Artest

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get that Pacer fans will always have bad memories of him, but I'd be fine if my daughter played on that team. You'd learn so much about the game from him. He's an NBA champion and had the love of Kobe Bryant. When the Lakers let Artest go last summer, Kobe was upset about it. That says a lot to me considering that Kobe is notoriously difficult on his teammates and expects them to be as competitive as him. If you have the love of the Mamba, then you're doing something right.
    Yeah, Kobe around a lot of young girls inspires confidence too. i just don't understand this testimonial.