Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 93

Thread: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

  1. #26
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,908
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats!!!

    So will we promote one of our guys? Or search for an assistant with lead experience?
    Right after our season ended Vogel said he was already looking because he anticipated Shaw leaving. He didn't say if he was looking specifically to fill the lead assistant position though, so I suppose he could promote from within and then hire a replace for the bottom of the totem pole from outside...

    My guess is that he's looking for a lead assistant though.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'd think The Rifleman would be more likely to go to Denver with Shaw than come here
    Good point.

    I imagine Nuggets and Pacers would be the top two options though.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  4. #28
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,287

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    And with that, the regression of Lance Stephenson begins...

  5. #29
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,606

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And with that, the regression of Lance Stephenson begins...
    It's like some people think Vogel's just a fluke and the real coach was Shaw or something, sorta weird honestly.

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    466
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    so glad he ended up with a good squad in Denver, and not an overatted soft **** pile where he'll inevitably get scapegoated after 2 years like brooklyn

  8. #31
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    466
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    The triangle stigma is why he had to accept a job with us in the first place, he's been shying away from it for years now. I think Phil encouraged him to as well

  11. #33
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,249
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Happy for him. But very sad to see him go.

  12. #34
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,598

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In all of my memory....has there ever been an ASST Coach that any of us has been sorry to say good bye too?
    Mike Brown
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  14. #35
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,606

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    does Ewing have a job right now?

  15. #36
    Member bshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Huntington
    Age
    20
    Posts
    77

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Paul George to Denver in 2014.

  16. #37
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,490

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    does Ewing have a job right now?
    I believe he is with the Bobcats.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  18. #38

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    I'm starting to think that Denver has Indy Envy

    First Manning now Shaw...

    At least he went to the Western Conference.

  19. #39
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,574

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Sucks for us.

    Thanks Brian, and good luck in Denver!
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  21. #40
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,994

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Bittersweet but huge Congrats!

    I was actually hoping Kidd would replace him before he became the Nets coach.

  22. #41
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Congrats! Let's hope he really doesn't try to poach any of our players.

  23. #42
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,940

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In all of my memory....has there ever been an ASST Coach that any of us has been sorry to say good bye too?

    On a related note....despite all of the garbage that I am glad that the Celtics/Clips are going through with how long it took for that whole Doc Rivers thing to clear up.....if there was something that I hated that resulted from that was all the fallout that Shaw had to take just to wait to figure out where Doc would end up.

    Mike Brown


    oops Doug beat me to it

  24. #43
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,606

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Brown
    who needs a job...

    but you'd think we'd want a guy that know what an offense is

  25. #44
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,424

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    He will be a really good coach. I look forward to seeing him on the sidelines.
    LeWade are going down.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  27. #45
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    who needs a job...

    but you'd think we'd want a guy that know what an offense is
    He is the Cavs head coach...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  29. #46
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,606

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is the Cavs head coach...
    wait, yeah that's right. feels like half the league's gotten new coaches this year.

  30. #47
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Still don't know why Denver fired Karl, but they got a great coach in B Shaw
    "We want Miami"

  31. #48
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    4,994

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Byron Scott is around but I doubt he'd come here. Ewing is now the Bobcats' problem.

    Yeah, who'd be good with player development, especially guards?

  32. #49

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good for him! Nice hire for the Nuggets after things seemed to be going south for them.

    Pretty exciting to see who we get to replace him now.
    hasnt been that bad. letting karl go was a positive (even more so now)

    and no way we could match the contract masai got. other than that, nothing has happened for us

  33. #50

    Default Re: Nuggets hire Pacers asst BRIAN SHAW as coach.

    any insight on our future coach? most nugget fans are excited to see what he will bring.

Similar Threads

  1. Brian Shaw/Asst Coach
    By QuickRelease in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 01:06 PM
  2. Pacers hire Shaw as asst., retain Burke (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 12:40 PM
  3. Brian Shaw Agrees to Asst Coaching Job
    By Swish in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM
  4. Raptors hire Mavs asst. Casey as coach (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 01:50 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •