Thread: Carter is a loser.

Mood

Default Carter is a loser.

He got hurt tonight, which is sad. But he's now claiming Bowen did it on purpose. Carter went up for a jumpshot and came down on Bowen's foot.

Looking at the replay, Bowen wasn't even looking at Vince when he moved. Vince is full of it. What a loser.

Default Re: Carter is a loser.

I have to take the opportunity to disagree with you Hicks. I don't think you need to be looking to know where a guy comes down from a jump shot will be. Rule one of boxing out is to square your shouldars and put a body on the player. No where in there does is say slide one foot back under a player who hasn't landed.

I don't think it was vicious, and I am not a Vince fan. But I do think that Bowen has been a dirty style player and from watching him this year, this is just another example of a dirty play he pulls off unnoticed.

Duncan said after the game himself, it wasn't until Vince went down, that they were able to make a push.

I think it was just another dirty move by a very good defensive player that because of his 'defensive' title is allowed to get away with. I mean, not even grounds for a foul. I think that is sick

I am not a Vince fan, but I do think Vince has an arguement, and I do in fact question Bowens intention in the 'boxing out'. I will look forward to watching if Bowen continues to 'box out' like this, or if it was just an attempt to take another cheap shot at a player.

Vinces dig at Bowen might have been over the top, but I don't put it past Bowen. It is truly a shame, and I just after having watched it alot, can't see why Bowen would be facing one way, and slide his foot under another player. Maybe I am blinded by my complete objectiveness.

tdeltdot

I've grow so tired of him and his I'm so rugged scowling face coupled with tissue paper toughness act.
    yeah, he's a serious drama queen. it's ironic that the two players who do the most post-dunk posturing are he and k-mart - two players who, when it comes to backing up those dramatics, couldn't take more opposing approaches.

the worst is when VC will 'get injured' during a game and then lie on the court for 5+ minutes, completely motionless - apparently thinking that the planet has stopped rotating in apprehension. he actually pulled that one out earlier this season after simply having been poked in the eye - 5 minutes he spent face-down on the court! even the toronto crowd started to boo. hilariously, the last time he played dead, after having pulled a muscle, Kevin O'neill didn't even bother to go over and check on him - treating VC like the spoiled, attention-craving child that he is.

Southside_Pacer

Hicks, tell us how you really feel about the Toronto Raptors, Vince Carter, and Raptors fans.

Mood

Hicks, tell us how you really feel about the Toronto Raptors, Vince Carter, and Raptors fans.
    Saving that for a nice Sunday conversation.

And honestly I don't hate Carter. I don't think much of him either, but his fanboys got me steamed with their uber-whining over his All-Star minutes and trying to tell me how good he is and how he's so much better than Artest, etc., etc.

So I'm on an anti-Vince kick right now.

ppjoey

Looking at the replay, Bowen wasn't even looking at Vince when he moved. Vince is full of it. What a loser.
    I don't fully stand for VC, but I really can't believe what Bruce did.
    I happen to see this link which has the replay:

http://www.khiznews.com/BowenCarter.mpg

Judging by the replay, it could have gone either way. The only thing that I can tell is that it is possible that Bowen did it on purpose, but possible doesn't mean probable. With his reputation, I could see that he did move under VC during his shot. He took a step directly into VC, and he wasn't even really trying to box him out, but still it is hard to tell.

All I know is that before the all-star break he did a similar thing to Ray Allen, and Ray Allen b*tched to the media after the game, so I guess Ray is a loser too.

PoultryPops

If you look closely, Bowen had both of his feet on the 3pt line when VC went up for the shot. While VC was in the air, Bowen definately slid his foot underneath him a good foot and a half out from where he started. So tell me, what purpose would a defensive player move his leg toward the offensive player like that. Carter had already released the shot. You would think that Bowen would get out of the way to avoid the foul. I'm not a Carter fan either, but this play smelt of a fishy substance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you look closely, Bowen had both of his feet on the 3pt line when VC went up for the shot. While VC was in the air, Bowen definately slid his foot underneath him a good foot and a half out from where he started. So tell me, what purpose would a defensive player move his leg toward the offensive player like that. Carter had already released the shot. You would think that Bowen would get out of the way to avoid the foul. I'm not a Carter fan either, but this play smelt of a fishy substance.
    I don't totally agree with that. Carter went up for the shot. Bowen took a step closer with his right foot in order to attempt to put a hand in Carter's face..... I'll admit he reacted a little slow and Carter was in the air as he was stepping out.

Once the shot was released, Bowen's right foot went out a few inches further as he pivoted to visually follow the ball going towards the basket.

I don't think anyone can draw a conclusion one way or the other whether that last action was intentional because players pivot and move differently.

For example, I am a two-footed jumper. When I begin to jump for a rebound it is not uncommon for me to have or even further extend one foot back a little bit as I begin my motion to jump for the rebound. It's a common thing for all two-footed jumpers. And by the way, through the years, I've had a lot of guys trip over that foot.

It just all boils down to what an individuals habits are.

Mood

Hmm... i'm reading that multiple other guys (like Kobe, Peja, Ray) have said this about him.

Starting to sound intentional to me.