Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

  1. #26
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,357

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its almost like you just latched on to on phrase in my post. Cause I basically said the same thing you just said, the hosts spring board to a different show or network as soon as they can.
    Perhaps he latched onto one phrase in your post because it was obviously wrong. A job that spring boards somebody to a different, higher profile role is by definition the exact opposite of dead end gig.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  2. #27
    Member TheRyanExpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illi-noise
    Posts
    165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it's true.

    You think the people at ESPN don't understand their audience ?? Next, you'll tell me that you go to Hooters for the food.
    I've been to Hooters once. I can look at pictures of Hooters girls, I don't need to eat the crappy food.

    What I was alluding to was the fact that you reduced them to 'little cuties.' Yes, I get that it helps that they are good looking and know about sports, but they also have had to work hard, network, etc. to gain contacts to do their jobs. Rachel Nichols is typically one of the more informed field/sideline reporters, as was Erin Andrews when she was roaming sidelines.

  3. #28
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it's true.

    You think the people at ESPN don't understand their audience ?? Next, you'll tell me that you go to Hooters for the food.
    if you think its just looks that gets these women their jobs at ESPN, you are sorely mistaken. Yes, looks matter. But they have to know their ****. And these women are damn good at their job. Its ****ing cut throat, I've seen it in college and it only gets worse.

  4. #29

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if you think its just looks that gets these women their jobs at ESPN, you are sorely mistaken. Yes, looks matter.
    Just a little contradictory - isn't that ??

    I just think it's the opposite. They can take an attractive gal, let her learn some sports, let her learn how to ask lame questions and viola - ratings increase. There's zero knowledge about sports in these sideline interviews.

    A lot easier than taking a sports-wise 'not so attractive' gal and teaching her how to be good looking.

    Sexist - sure, probably - but there's so much of it going on in media anymore, people have become blind to it. They just think that - WOW, all these good looking gals really know their sports. Coincidence ?? I think not.

  5. #30
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a little contradictory - isn't that ??

    I just think it's the opposite. They can take an attractive gal, let her learn some sports, let her learn how to ask lame questions and viola - ratings increase. There's zero knowledge about sports in these sideline interviews.

    A lot easier than taking a sports-wise 'not so attractive' gal and teaching her how to be good looking.

    Sexist - sure, probably - but there's so much of it going on in media anymore, people have become blind to it. They just think that - WOW, all these good looking gals really know their sports. Coincidence ?? I think not.
    Actually, the broadcasting journalism field is filled with very attractive women. So its not hard to find them. Was a perk of being a journalism major. ESPN doesn't have time to waste teaching people about sports. You know you're **** or you don't. I know people who have gone through the process. You don't get there because you look good.

    Its like you think that because a girl is hot, she can't know sports. I went to school with thousands of good looking girls who knew their ****, many of them broadcast journalism majors.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  7. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRyanExpress View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is one of the more sexist and demeaning things I've read in quite awhile.
    At the risk of offending certain people, a lot of comments deemed sexist, racist, homophobic -- bigoted in general -- are based on cold, hard reality.

    I don't believe ESPN would hire a total airhead when it comes to sports, but I do believe attractiveness, physical and congenial, is their top priority when it comes to on-air female personalities.

  8. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The wings at hooters are awesome. I know a ton of women who eat at hooters. Hint: it wasn't because they liked the scenery.
    What's Hooters' biggest selling point: The quality of their food, or their hot waitresses in tight, skimpy clothing?

    I think the answer's pretty obvious (Hint: It's called Hooters, not Wings), but I'm one of the seemingly rare people who believe that factual correctness is of more importance than political correctness.

  9. #33
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's Hooters' biggest selling point: The quality of their food, or their hot waitresses in tight, skimpy clothing?

    I think the answer's pretty obvious (Hint: It's called Hooters, not Wings), but I'm one of the seemingly rare people who believe that factual correctness is of more importance than political correctness.
    I have no problem being sexist or admitting that I like admiring hot girls, but most of the Hooters I have been to...well, the talent is left wanting. The goofy shorts with the tights underneath aren't particularly flattering or really all that revealing. If I go to Hooters, it's more because I like their wings. Probably why I haven't been to Hooters in several years.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  11. #34
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no problem being sexist
    Of course not.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  12. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    I hate hooters, but I have been to Wing House in Jacksonville. Admittedly the wait staff was hot, but the beer specials are more of what brought me it.

    It may not be PC, but I agree that most network are willing to hire arrtactive females and even make it a top priority when hiring. Hell, just look at cable news networks.

    That said, I was good friends with many journalism majors. Some of those females could talk circles around some guys when it came to sports. And the really hot ones.......almost all of them got jobs at local stations right of of college. Guess my point is looks do matter, but if you are an idiot you probably wont get the job.....but I do think looks matter a lot. Hell, I know people who only watch HLN because Robin Meade is the AM host

  13. #36
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,818

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the risk of offending certain people, a lot of comments deemed sexist, racist, homophobic -- bigoted in general -- are based on cold, hard reality.
    Total and complete nonsense but then gain, you are the one who made the disgustingly baseless assertion that the Democratic voting base breeds like rodents and commits massive amounts of crime.

    I hope you say this stuff in public and not just around your own bigoted circle of delusion. The reaction you get will be quite severe.

    Of course you won't read any of this post because you put me on ignore. You talk tough but refuse to take the heat for your garbage.

  14. #37

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Total and complete nonsense ................
    I'd guess there's a fair share of people that would say nonsense to your nonsense.

  15. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Total and complete nonsense but then gain, you are the one who made the disgustingly baseless assertion that the Democratic voting base breeds like rodents and commits massive amounts of crime.
    The safest cities in America tend to vote Republican, whereas, the most dangerous cities OVERWHELMINGLY vote Democrat. The vast majority of gun crime isn't committed by NRA types, but by residents of these Barack-Obama-votin' dumps.

    The 10 Most Dangerous Cities in America - MarketWatch

    1. Flint, Michigan - Barack Obama 63.6%, Mitt Romney 35.4
    2. Detroit, Michigan - Barack Obama 73.1%, Mitt Romney 26.2
    3. Oakland, California - Barack Obama 78.7%, Mitt Romney 18.4%
    4. St. Louis, Missouri - Barack Obama 82.7%, Mitt Romney 16.0%
    5. Memphis, Tennessee - Barack Obama 62.6%, Mitt Romney 36.6%
    6. Stockton, California - Barack Obama 54.5%, Mitt Romney 43.5%
    7. Birmingham, Alabama - Barack Obama 52.6%, Mitt Romney 46.6%
    8. New Haven, Connecticut - Barack Obama 61.9%, Mitt Romney 37.1%
    9. Baltimore, Maryland - Barack Obama 87.4%, Mitt Romney 11.1%
    10. Cleveland, Ohio - Barack Obama 68.8%, Mitt Romney 30.2%

    All voting statistics are from Politico.com.

    Keep in mind, these results don't tell the full story, as county statistics include suburban areas, with much lower crime, and a much higher rate of Republican voters, than inner cities. For example, St. Louis is an independent city, having separated from St. Louis County, however, we can still get the voting statistics for both the city and the county (which includes the city, I believe) from Politico:

    St. Louis City - Barack Obama 82.7%, Mitt Romney 16.0%
    St. Louis County - Barack Obama 56.2%, Mitt Romney 42.5%

    So, in the St. Louis suburbs, the hardworking, loving, caring families vote Republican (52%, excluding city voters), whereas, the people who've helped make the city the 4th most dangerous in America overwhelmingly vote Democrat (82.7%).

    The same holds true for Baltimore:

    Baltimore City - Barack Obama 87.4%, Mitt Romney 11.1%
    Baltimore County (minus Baltimore city) - Barack Obama 1.36%, Mitt Romney 95.5%


    So, in both situations where we can get city votes instead of just county votes, we have 80%+ voting Democrat. So, making the reasonable assumption this holds true for all cities on the list, we can conclude that the 10 most dangerous cities in America average more than 80% Democrat, and less than 20% Republican.

    That's chilling.

    There are also numerous studies which show that Republicans give significantly more to charity, on average, than do Democrats.

    So...

    Republicans = Give more time and money to those in need; murder/steal/deal/rob/rape less.
    Democrats = Give less time and money to those in need; murder/steal/deal/rob/rape more.

    I ask you, which group of people would you rather have in control of your country? The answer seems clear to me, and the fact that America has chosen the wrong answer these past two elections is evidenced by the current dismal state of America.


    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope you say this stuff in public and not just around your own bigoted circle of delusion. The reaction you get will be quite severe.
    Perhaps I'll go and say it in downtown Detroit or St. Louis, or any other Blue city. Would a gunshot to the head qualify as a "quite severe" reaction?


    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course you won't read any of this post because you put me on ignore. You talk tough but refuse to take the heat for your garbage.
    I've never ignored anyone, on any message board, ever. I enjoy arguing, especially when the person I'm arguing with is so detached from reality (thanks to putting political correctness before factual correctness) that it becomes unintentional comedy, as is the case with your hilarious posts.

  16. #39
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course not.
    Women everywhere thank you for standing up in their honor. You have done a great thing, Kstat. Take a bow.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  18. #40
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The safest cities in America tend to vote Republican, whereas, the most dangerous cities OVERWHELMINGLY vote Democrat. The vast majority of gun crime isn't committed by NRA types, but by residents of these Barack-Obama-votin' dumps.

    The 10 Most Dangerous Cities in America - MarketWatch

    1. Flint, Michigan - Barack Obama 63.6%, Mitt Romney 35.4
    2. Detroit, Michigan - Barack Obama 73.1%, Mitt Romney 26.2
    Kstat, stand proud! At least they aren't sexist!!!

  19. #41
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Wait, you're telling me that Detroit didn't vote for the rich white guy?! SHOCKER

  20. #42
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kstat, stand proud! At least they aren't sexist!!!
    Obvious troll is obvious.

    Sorry, didn't feel like pasting the picture.

    As hoosierguy said, enjoy your close-minded, bigoted circle. You're certainly in the right company, sad angry little boy.
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-30-2013 at 04:49 AM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #43

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    Wait .......... a thread about attractive ladies and sports has turned into a political discussion ??

    THERE'S your problem.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  23. #44
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Charissa Thompson Leaving ESPN for Fox

    This has veered waaaaay off-topic.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Thompson, Warriors Hold Off Spurs [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 01:00 AM
  2. Warriors top Cavs behind Thompson's 32 points [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 11:10 PM
  3. Kings F Thompson has fracture in right big toe [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
  4. Wash. St. G Thompson to remain in NBA draft [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 12:30 AM
  5. Martin, Thompson help Kings end 6-game skid [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 01:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •