Thread: Joe Lefeged arrested...for something

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Joe Lefeged arrested...for something

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...-jail-confirms
    Indianapolis Colts player Joe Lefeged was arrested overnight in Washington, D.C., an employee of the city’s jail confirmed this morning.

Sgt. Locita Dixon at the jail’s Central Cell Block said she could not provide information about what led to the arrest or any charges against Lefeged, referring questions to a spokesman for the Washington, D.C., police department.

Lefeged, 24, is from nearby Gaithersburg, Md. He is a safety who was signed by the Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Rutgers.

Contacted this morning, a Colts spokesman said the team had no information of Lefeged’s arrest.
    Hopefully nothing too serious. Dumbass.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Joe Lefeged arrested...for something

Dumbass ran from the cops during a traffic stop and had an unregistered firearm.

Has he NOT been watching the news this week?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

WAPO just said (via twitter) he evaded police and had a weapon in his car.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cut the dumb****.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I guess it was too much to ask for a Colt or Pacer to not be arrested during the offseason...

Cops usually go after the driver. Should we be worried that our player couldn't outrun a cop?

The driver fled and has not been located, Alali said. Lefeged, 25, and another passenger fled a short distance but were arrested without incident, he said. Police could not confirm whether others had also been inside the car.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/29/us/ind...html?hpt=hp_t2

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Amp Harris ‏@ampharris 16h
    What is going on with these athletic gangsters. You make your dream a reality then you turn it back into a dream...
    Retweeted by Vick Ballard
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Cut him.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

That's 36 arrests this year alone for NFL players, and there's still 6 months left in the year.

Granted, the rosters of NFL teams are much larger, but if these kind of statistics happened in the NBA, the casual fans and mainstream media would talk about what a league full of thugs and criminals the NBA is. Morever, they talk about how this kind of behavior makes it less desirable to watch NBA games.

In the NFL, nobody cares. It's just an accepted fact that players get into off the field trouble, so when it happens, it's no biggie. No amount of arrests, steroid scandals or even murders will ever deter people from watching the NFL. I seriously doubt there is a single Patriot fan who still stop watching that team because of Aaron Hernandez. The only thing those fans are worried about is how they're going to replace his production on the field and how cutting him now affects their salary cap.
    Last edited by d_c; 06-30-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's 36 arrests this year alone for NFL players, and there's still 6 months left in the year.

Granted, the rosters of NFL teams are much larger, but if these kind of statistics happened in the NBA, the casual fans and mainstream media would talk about what a league full of thugs and criminals the NBA is. Morever, they talk about how this kind of behavior makes it less desirable to watch NBA games.

In the NFL, nobody cares. It's just an accepted fact that players get into off the field trouble, so when it happens, it's no biggie. No amount of arrests, steroid scandals or even murders will ever deter people from watching the NFL. I seriously doubt there is a single Patriot fan who still stop watching that team because of Aaron Hernandez. The only thing those fans are worried about is how they're going to replace his production on the field and how cutting him now affects their salary cap.
    How many plumbers, auto mechanics, bankers have been arrested in the past 6 months?

The truth is we know more about these things because we have a vested interest, and at the same time we put these people up on a pedestal.

I will agree the NFL gets away with more (IMO it is just more about the popularity of the sport) than other sports probably could, but lets not forget the NFL has taken a fair amount of heat as well (lock out, referee replacement, and I bet these arrest stories will be a big headline for weeks and even months)

If nothing else I think this reminds us that A. We need to remember these guys are human and they screw up. There are plenty of "good guys" out there, we just dont hear about them as much with all the negative publicity going around. B. This is just further proof of what I have always argued, and Barkley said it ages ago, but these guys should not be role models.

Its OK to look up to them, but mom and dad, pastor, teacher, police officer, EMT, etc should be role models for our kids. Sometimes I think we put these people on such a large pedestal that we forget they are human.

SIDENOTE:

All that said, I remember the Redskins did not get cap relief when Sean Taylor was murdered. As I was typing this reply I saw on twitter the Pats may seek cap relief. I really freaking hope the NFL does not obligue. The Pats made the decision to extent him knowing what they did about him, you make your bed you lye in it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I will agree the NFL gets away with more (IMO it is just more about the popularity of the sport) than other sports probably could, but lets not forget the NFL has taken a fair amount of heat as well (lock out, referee replacement, and I bet these arrest stories will be a big headline for weeks and even months)
    The NFL takes heat, sure. The point is, none of this "heat" amounts to fans saying that they no longer want to watch the NFL because of it. They come back the same the following year to get their football fix.

I'm just saying there is a certain amount (actually, quite a bit) of hypocrisy among the mainstream media and fans when it comes to off the court player behavior and the desirability of watching the league. With the NBA, fans have a much, much shorter fuse when it comes to saying they'll no longer watch the game when a bunch of players get arrested. As much as fans hate thuggish, knuckeheaded behavior among NFL players, it literally has zero effect when it comes to whether or not they'll still be fans of the league and watch games.

I think it just comes down to the fact that America has an obsession with football. America needs its football fix no matter what.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Hmmm, held without bail.

The 25-year-old safety is being held in jail pending a preliminary hearing scheduled for 9 a.m. in D.C. Superior Court. A court spokeswoman could not immediately say why Lefeged was being held without bail.
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...ay-gun-charges

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    DC doesn't play with gun charges. Maybe since he ran he's a flight risk.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Had his preliminary hearing, released w/o bond. He has "paperwork," which I guess means license/registration?, for the gun in Maryland but I guess that doesn't matter in DC.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...TS03/307020021

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...is-drummed-up/

Lefeged says case against him is “drummed up”

Posted by Mike Florio on July 2, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT

AP
    Colts safety Joe Lefeged has been released from jail, three days after being arrested on weapons charges.

As he was leaving the jail, Lefeged made his first public comments on the situation.

According to WJLA-TV, Lefeged said he’s sorry and that the case against him is “drummed up.”

His comments come amid at least one report linking via documentation (including a receipt found in the car with the gun) showing that Lefeged had bought the gun.

It also has been reported that the driver of the car fled police, and that Lefeged then fled on foot. The driver has still not been apprehended.

Maybe he’ll say the eventual charges against him are “drummed up,” too.

Our safety ran from the cops AND GOT CAUGHT! How can he have NFL speed when he doesn't have running from the cops speed?

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Our safety ran from the cops AND GOT CAUGHT! How can he have NFL speed when he doesn't have running from the cops speed?
    Maybe we should sign the cops that caught him.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

^does the cop get to use his taser on the field

Just FTR, DC DOES NOT PLAY when it comes to gun charges.

I have heard plenty of bad things about MPD, but IMO you have to know DC has zero tolerance. This is especially true when you get your CCW or any weapon courses in VA or I assume Maryland. You are constantly reminded that DC does not screw around.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Just FTR, DC DOES NOT PLAY when it comes to gun charges.

I have heard plenty of bad things about MPD, but IMO you have to know DC has zero tolerance. This is especially true when you get your CCW or any weapon courses in VA or I assume Maryland. You are constantly reminded that DC does not screw around.
    Yup, my buddy lives right over the border in Friendship Heights and goes to shoot in Virginia somewhere, and while it would make the most sense for him to drive through DC he takes some roundabout way just in case he gets cited for some traffic violation and the MPD finds guns in his car.

It is funny though, not to get political, but DC does a great job of harassing gun owners who hold permits in Maryland and VA but if you actually get convicted of shooting anyone here you're likely to get less jail time then you would in VA.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    People want him cut for some moral outrage issue, but he should be cut for the above. You get caught by the police? Come on Lefeged!