Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need advice from a Computer fellow

Default Re: Need advice from a Computer fellow

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These PC's came with 1GB or 2GB of RAM already installed. So I am not sure about that. I am planning to get an external graphics/video card though. I have to find out if I have to disable the on board graphics before using the external card though. I would think just hooking the monitor VGA cable into the external card, and then plugging the external cards USB plug into the USB slot in my PC, would be enough. Because I surmise that the on board graphics card can't really take effect if a monitor isn't plugged into the back of the PC's VGA slot.

I would guess both would be active because it would be assuming you want to do a 2 monitor extended desktop type of thing. But you should be able to use your hardware manager or video properties to disable the unwanted card in windows if need be...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

UPDATE: Thought you guys might like to know, thanks to all who tried to help me with this issue. I recieved in the mail a new video card yesterday. Won it in an E-bay auction. It's an ATI Radeon XFX HD 5450 PCI express. I installed it yesterday, drivers went in smooth because AMD has this auto detection tool on their site. My slant issue is gone now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is another variable to consider... You.
    Have you checked to make sure anyone else can see the problem? Maybe there's something weird going on with your eyes/glasses/contacts, lighting, walls, and something about the monitor(s).... ??

Just trying to think outside the box. You simply can't have 4 computers with the same problem and the computers be the problem (well, you could be we'd be into some long, long odds and bad luck scenarios). There has to be another variable.

I don't see anything in the photos either.
    Sounds like an astigmatism to me. Or corrective eyeglasses that no longer are accurate for your vision.

Have you noticed walls not being straight?