Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNES?!!

Default SNES?!!

hello all, for some strange reason I have a strong desire to buy a SNES (super nintendo), if any of you have one that you would be willing to sell please PM me. Thanks!!

Default Re: SNES?!!

I don't know about buying one, but you could always go the emulator route to scratch the nostalgia itch.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know about buying one, but you could always go the emulator route to scratch the nostalgia itch.
    ive tried that.... just doesnt feel the same. I like holding the controller and having the cartridges

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have one but they do generally have them all over Ebay. That will be one of my first purchases when I am done with graduate school.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

You can buy a SNES controller which can hook up to your computer via USB, and then get an emulator/ROMS. This is preferred if you want to play on a modern TV.

If you really want to buy an old system and hook it up to a tube TV or something, though, Ebay is your best bet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Disc Replay is a good place to find old game systems, games, and other peripherals fairly cheap.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    You can buy a SNES controller which can hook up to your computer via USB, and then get an emulator/ROMS. This is preferred if you want to play on a modern TV.

If you really want to buy an old system and hook it up to a tube TV or something, though, Ebay is your best bet.
    problem with the USB thing is I heard it was made cheaply... and breaks easily

I'll second Disc Replay. Also check Half Price Books.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I'll second Disc Replay. Also check Half Price Books.
    is disc replay relatively cheap or do they jack prices up like most on retro games?

Secret of Mana

must own game.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Secret of Mana

must own game.
    need a console first XD

I live in the Indianapolis/Fishers area so if you sell it ill drive at we can meet somewhere to do the deal....also looking for games too.... thanks all!! and if u know anyone who has this stuff just sitting in their attic ask them if they will sell! Thanks!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    I live in the Indianapolis/Fishers area so if you sell it ill drive at we can meet somewhere to do the deal....also looking for games too.... thanks all!! and if u know anyone who has this stuff just sitting in their attic ask them if they will sell! Thanks!!
    There is a place that sells used Nintendos in front of best buy in castleton, there is also another place in front of the mall, can't remember the names though.

is disc replay relatively cheap or do they jack prices up like most on retro games?
    They are about the same as Amazon; what the lowest price listed for a used game there is about what you'll pay at Disc Replay.

Half Price Books is about the same, maybe a little higher.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    There is a place that sells used Nintendos in front of best buy in castleton, there is also another place in front of the mall, can't remember the names though.
    the one in front of best buy is disc replay i believe but idk what the other one is

I have an SNES. Still play it and will do so forever. (not that it helps you...)

Ebay?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I have an SNES. Still play it and will do so forever. (not that it helps you...)

Ebay?
    haha jealous

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know what I really want? One of the RetroPro Duo handhelds. They play NES and SNES games.

http://goo.gl/XVkNu (Amazon link)

They cost around $80 but it would be so awesome to bring on an airplane so I could play NBA Jam or WWF Monday Night RAW. That company also makes wireless controllers... you can hook the handheld up to a TV and use freaking wireless controllers! Crazy.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    You know what I really want? One of the RetroPro Duo handhelds. They play NES and SNES games.

http://goo.gl/XVkNu (Amazon link)

They cost around $80 but it would be so awesome to bring on an airplane so I could play NBA Jam or WWF Monday Night RAW. That company also makes wireless controllers... you can hook the handheld up to a TV and use freaking wireless controllers! Crazy.
    yea ive been thinking about going this route.... might stop and see if disc replay has one.... but I think this one looks a lot more cool because it resembles the original controller and can hook up to the tv if u want and is the same 80$ price

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....070supaboy.jpg

Sports Logo Sports Logo

For what it's worth, the Supaboy seemed really flimsy to me. It feels like it's made of pretty cheap plastic, has no battery life indicator, and both of the games I played (Madden '95 and WWF Monday Night RAW) froze and powered down the system. If possible, I'd definitely recommend at least giving the RetroPro Duo a chance first. I don't have any experience with it but the Supaboy is kind of a heap IMO.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    For what it's worth, the Supaboy seemed really flimsy to me. It feels like it's made of pretty cheap plastic, has no battery life indicator, and both of the games I played (Madden '95 and WWF Monday Night RAW) froze and powered down the system. If possible, I'd definitely recommend at least giving the RetroPro Duo a chance first. I don't have any experience with it but the Supaboy is kind of a heap IMO.
    that does looks nice, thanks for the advice on the supaboy

need a console first XD
    I have a Wii and have it on there.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

bidding wars on ebay here i come!!!

Ugh, this just brought back a bad memory.

By 1996 or '97, I had had my SuperNintendo for, what, 6 years, 7 years, whenever it came out, and had racked up a LOT of games, but by then I was deep into my N64 phase and wasn't really playing them anymore. I might have even had my PSX by then.

I had a cousin a couple of years younger than me who always seemed to like playing those games, but their family had never bought a console system.

So I did something that in hindsight I regret to this day: I had my mom help me box up my system, the cables, the controllers, and the games, in a big box, and I gave it ALL to him as a gift (I forget if it was Christmas or whatever).

Way, way too much to be giving to someone, but at the time it felt like I had finished my time with those games and it was years before I was starting to feel nostalgia about anything (I was only 13 or so at the time), so while it was way excessive, I felt like it was an okay move to make given the circumstances.

Oh, Lord, what a mistake.

Cut to a few months later, I'm out at the cousin's house, and I ask about what's up with the SNES et al, because I didn't see it hooked up anywhere, and my aunt plays it like she's not sure where it is, but maybe I should look in the storage here or there, blah, blah, blah. My cousin wasn't there at the time, so I thought maybe he'd just left it somewhere and not told her. I look around, but I can't find it. Huh. That's strange.

Time passes, I forget about it because I'm still not nostalgic back then, and I'm still deep into the current consoles, but at some point years later (probably closer to the early 2000's) I discussed it with my mom, and we concluded that it's 99% likely that they SOLD all of it. They never valued video games the way I did, my aunt certainly was never a big fan of her kids playing them, and my cousin was smart about how to make himself more money in whatever way he thought he could. I think they just got someone to buy it to take it off their hands.

Seriously.

I don't mind that it didn't mean as much to them, but couldn't they have at least thought to ask me if I might want it back, first? Nope. Never discussed.

God, by the time I realized that, it was years later, but man it was such a sickening realization by then because that was when I WAS starting to feel nostalgia and I was old enough to appreciate just what a collection that was, both in terms of it being that system and those games, but also because that was the console of my young childhood; my first console. I mean there had to have been at least two dozen or more games in that bundle, too, including most of the classics for that system. The Mario games, Zelda, DKC, etc.

Just devastating in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Ugh, this just brought back a bad memory.

By 1996 or '97, I had had my SuperNintendo for, what, 6 years, 7 years, whenever it came out, and had racked up a LOT of games, but by then I was deep into my N64 phase and wasn't really playing them anymore. I might have even had my PSX by then.

I had a cousin a couple of years younger than me who always seemed to like playing those games, but their family had never bought a console system.

So I did something that in hindsight I regret to this day: I had my mom help me box up my system, the cables, the controllers, and the games, in a big box, and I gave it ALL to him as a gift (I forget if it was Christmas or whatever).

Way, way too much to be giving to someone, but at the time it felt like I had finished my time with those games and it was years before I was starting to feel nostalgia about anything (I was only 13 or so at the time), so while it was way excessive, I felt like it was an okay move to make given the circumstances.

Oh, Lord, what a mistake.

Cut to a few months later, I'm out at the cousin's house, and I ask about what's up with the SNES et al, because I didn't see it hooked up anywhere, and my aunt plays it like she's not sure where it is, but maybe I should look in the storage here or there, blah, blah, blah. My cousin wasn't there at the time, so I thought maybe he'd just left it somewhere and not told her. I look around, but I can't find it. Huh. That's strange.

Time passes, I forget about it because I'm still not nostalgic back then, and I'm still deep into the current consoles, but at some point years later (probably closer to the early 2000's) I discussed it with my mom, and we concluded that it's 99% likely that they SOLD all of it. They never valued video games the way I did, my aunt certainly was never a big fan of her kids playing them, and my cousin was smart about how to make himself more money in whatever way he thought he could. I think they just got someone to buy it to take it off their hands.

Seriously.

I don't mind that it didn't mean as much to them, but couldn't they have at least thought to ask me if I might want it back, first? Nope. Never discussed.

God, by the time I realized that, it was years later, but man it was such a sickening realization by then because that was when I WAS starting to feel nostalgia and I was old enough to appreciate just what a collection that was, both in terms of it being that system and those games, but also because that was the console of my young childhood; my first console. I mean there had to have been at least two dozen or more games in that bundle, too, including most of the classics for that system. The Mario games, Zelda, DKC, etc.

Just devastating in hindsight.
    went through the same type of thing...... was at summer camp.... came back and my SNES and games were sold in a garage sale by my brother..... I asked him why the hell he did it and he told me he thought I could use money.... he then handed me 20 bucks..... needless to say I landed a few hits