Thread: Anybody on Sprint??

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Anybody on Sprint??

So I am looking at leaving Verizon and going to Sprint. I get a discount through my company with Sprint so I can reduce my cell phone bill by almost $40 and end up getting more minutes and unlimited text/data. The unlimited data is a big selling point not because I use over 2 gbs of data a month, but because I do not want to have that worry or monitoring my data usage.

The thing is I have heard that while Sprint is cheaper it is cheaper for a reason. I heard that the service is really lacking in areas and that even in the Indianapolis area there will be places where you get zero service. My friend years back switched to Sprint, but had zero bars in his condo. Now I think there is just something wrong with his old condo because I barely got service with Verizon there.

Does anyone here have Sprint and can speak on their service/customer service?

Default Re: Anybody on Sprint??

It's weird...I have a lot of calls drop at my house (Sprint), but if I'm on the road anywhere in Indy, or traveling for business, I seem to have zero problems with reception or calls dropping. Maybe it's just my house?

Sprint is pretty slow 3g wise in Chicago, so I can only imagine it doesn't fair any better in Indiana. Also in a big city like Chicago, I never even have 4 bars in the city with Sprint.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have Sprint for my work phone and absolutely hate their service. Granted I don't want to be bugged when I'm at home, but if something does come up and someone needs to get in touch with me, it's almost impossible. I have the smallest bar when I'm at home and full bars on my AT&T phone.

My boss's phone drops calls like crazy. He tried to call my work phone before I left for work and couldn't get through, so he called my personal number, and in that 10 minute conversation with him there were 5 dropped calls.

Another guy I work with who has a company phone has to go in his garage and open the door just so he can use his phone. Just from this experience, I'll never go to Sprint for my personal use. I know it's a small sample size, but damn it's pretty terrible.

After talking to people at my work and hearing you guys it seems Sprint is pretty hit or miss. Some people have good service with it and others have bad service with it. Given the traveling that I do for work and my wife volunteering out in the country it just seems that it is worth the extra money to just stay with VZW because they have reliable service.

The sad thing is I really want to support Sprint because they are holding out with the unlimited data and VZW and AT&T are doing everything to restrict and charge your more for data.

The thing is, though, you could ask this same question for any service: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. and you would get the SAME ARRAY OF ANSWERS.

Cell service, coverage is a variable.

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

I've had bad experience with their customer service, though that is apparently par for the course in the mobile phone industry.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

My wife is still using her original ATT flip phone as she is very comfortable with it. Her best friend recently gave her a very nice Verizon phone (not a smartphone) so that my wife would be more willing to text her. Isn't there some way this phone can be "unlocked" and used with our ATT cell service? If so, who and where can do this?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

No they are different kinds of networks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As a Virgin Mobile user (which runs off the Sprint network), I can honestly say that I haven't found a dead zone around Indianapolis yet. Even at BLF where I was the only one of 4 people (others using AT&T IIRC) to have phone service last fall...

For $35 a month (300 minutes, unlimited text and data), I can't complain.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We have Sprint here in San Antonio and it is hit and miss. It was the same when we have traveled. I will tell you when we went home to Terre Haute there was no service out in the country, so your wife may have issues if she leaves the metro area. I can't remember how our service was when we were in Lebanon and traveled through the country to Terre haute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a Virgin Mobile user (which runs off the Sprint network), I can honestly say that I haven't found a dead zone around Indianapolis yet. Even at BLF where I was the only one of 4 people (others using AT&T IIRC) to have phone service last fall...

For $35 a month (300 minutes, unlimited text and data), I can't complain.
    yeh, i use virgin mobile too. i got in earlier back in dec. 2010 and was grandfathered into the 300 min plan and pay 25 a month.
    my phone is ancient and slow but i still can do the internet and often listen to pandora in my car.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I have had Sprint for 4 years. In Fort Wayne the 3g was non-existent. I would ask what the issue was and they said they are having an issue with a tower. Same thing happened in Lexington. And in Orlando.

I moved to an area out of their network and they will let me out of the contract 6 months early, but they want me to turn in my 2 32gb IPhone 4s phones. I spent good money on them so I am waiting them out. They can pay US Celluar to carry me since I have free roaming. Their loss.

If I jail break my phone can I use it on Straight Talk?

I've had sprint twice, att twice and Verizon twice. I wish I had just had Verizon once. Nothing bad to say about them and lots bad to say about the others.

I have 4g lte coverage in Theodosia, mo. and I have no idea why, but it makes me happy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird