Mutumbo
    Thomas
    Anderson

for

Dampier
    Van Exel

This NY crap is getting ridiculous.

Default Re: Update on Damp trade

Dunleavy and Dampier for Harringtona nd Bender would be the worst trade the Pacers have ever made since DW took over in 1986.

It would be a disaster.

Cannot believe any of you think it might be OK.

Damp is a slow lazy post player with horrible hands and a very questionable work ethic and isn't he a free agent.

The thought of Croshere and Dunleavy being the backup forwards turns my stomach. Has there ever been a worse defensive tandem in the history of the NBA

Horrible trade, horrible
    I don't think it's as much that we all want a trade, beit that we DO want a BIG guy, but........

Most of us feel that Al is simply not bringing it, imminent to leave anyway for the simple reason that unless Ron leaves (and NOBODY here wants that) there is no way in hell he will become a starter here. He knows it, we know it and I suspect that his "uninspred" play last night might well find it's origin in the All Star games with JO and Ron there, Fred winning the Dunk and Al at home.

Unless you see us moving Ron in the summer then Al is moving in the summer anyway and if that's the case, we might as well pull the trigger now, there won't be more talent available on the market during the summer and a lot more competition.
    Also making such a move now would improve the chances in the play offs me guesses.

Again: its not as much a want as a reality we face.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Default Re: duh

FOSTER would average 11 reb if he played 35 minutes!
    Offense, offense, offense.
    Compare their NUMBERs and call them "even".
    How silly can you be?
    Proven problem with that theory is that Jeff can not play that many minutes.

adn I don't want to be the one bringing it to you, but you ever see Jeff make an outside shot that he REALLY attempted to make?

Jeff is a great hustle player, a rebounder "pur sang" but he has some limitations we will have to live with hence he would be more usefull coming of the bench or can you think of a team where he would start and play those kind of minutes at C ?

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Most of us feel that Al is simply not bringing it, imminent to leave anyway for the simple reason that unless Ron leaves (and NOBODY here wants that) there is no way in hell he will become a starter here. He knows it, we know it and I suspect that his "uninspred" play last night might well find it's origin in the All Star games with JO and Ron there, Fred winning the Dunk and Al at home.

I thought the exact same thing. If you saw several of your colleagues being awarded for something you thought you were equally deserving of given the right situation, it would sour you.

As for the trade itself, I doubt DW and Bird pull the trigger on this trade unless they get the players they want. And Dunleavy is just too big of a compromise, as far as I'm concerned. Damp and Speedy or bust.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Speedy Claxton has 14 pts in the 2nd qtr. He is looking very sharp!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

ESPN saying NY/GS is cooking up:

Mutumbo
    Thomas
    Anderson

for

Dampier
    Van Exel

Man, Warriors fans are NOT happy about this idea. They'd rather do ours. Reading the Warriors forum, if the NY one happens GS is losing a lot of fans.

It's an awful trade. The worst one rumored.

If that's the best offer, keep Damp, let him opt out, hope Van Exel does, and keep the cap space. Or pay Van Exel. Rather have him than Anderson and Mutumbo cause you know Thomas will opt out and he's the only good player coming from NY.

Horrible

Mutumbo
    Thomas
    Anderson

for

Dampier
    Van Exel

Less than 24 hours and IT's trigger happy trades will come to an end..THANK GOD

Mutumbo
    Thomas
    Anderson

for

Dampier
    Van Exel

Man, Warriors fans are NOT happy about this idea. They'd rather do ours. Reading the Warriors forum, if the NY one happens GS is losing a lot of fans.
    Zeke is just playing virtual G.M. Heck, he may be the Steinbrenner of the NBA. The luxury tax doesn't mean really much when your owners and orginization can basically print their own money.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Yeah there really is no good reason for GS to take the NY offer and not Indy's.

Damp/NVE for old man 'tumbo, "big contract" anderson and "for sure opt-out" kurt thomas?

When instead they could do Damp/Dunleavy for Harrington/Bender?

Makes no sense. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I'd be awfully suspicious if the NY trade went down with the Indy offer still on the table.

Kinda like NY getting Ewing...and if NY makes the playoffs they most certainly will get beneficial treatment from the refs...NY-LAL should be a high-ratings Finals...

Just kidding around. But seriously that NY trade is crap.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mutumbo
    Thomas
    Anderson

for

Dampier
    Van Exel

Zeke is just playing virtual G.M. Heck, he may be the Steinbrenner of the NBA. The luxury tax doesn't mean really much when your owners and orginization can basically print their own money.
    The reason the trade proposal is so bad is that NY would actually get more cap relief than GS. Both Exel, and Dampier can opt out. Anderson has a horrid contract, Thomas is much like Dampier except a downgrade, and Mutombo is just stupid in GS. This deal IS NOT going to happen unless St. Jean and Mullin have some serious drugs.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Yeah there really is no good reason for GS to take the NY offer and not Indy's.

Damp/NVE for old man 'tumbo, "big contract" anderson and "for sure opt-out" kurt thomas?

When instead they could do Damp/Dunleavy for Harrington/Bender?

No, no, NO! Harrington/Pollard and/or Bender for Damp/Speedy. That's it. No compromises.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

I like the trade including Claxton more than this one. This trade still has merit though. Things will become very interesting if it goes down. Heck, if anything goes down.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Claxton just got tossed out for fighting with Gary Payton... Both got tossed, but Payton clearly started the fight!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

&%#$^ grumble Payton grumble

Speedy was giving Payton his lunch all night. Speedy went for and got a steal off of Payton. Payton fouled him immediatly then elbowed him, Speedy took exception and they were rolling around on the Floor. More T's just handed out....this game is getting out of hand tonight!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

See! Speedy and Damp are bigtime anti-Laker people! We HAVE to get them!

That "buzz" guy on your Warriors site is a prick.
    I've never had a problem with buzz. Knows a lot about the game. Watches the Pacers quite a bit as well. Celtics fan, fine by me.

I am not sure why people look at Speedy as a selling point. We already have 4 point guards and Speedy isn't a lock to start over Tins.

We would be giving up Al and changing the roster with the second best record in the NBA for a center in to his 1st good season (whom I'd say we have about as much chance of signing as Brad) and an average pt guard who has never played a complete season as a starter.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am not sure why people look at Speedy as a selling point. We already have 4 point guards and Speedy isn't a lock to start over Tins.

We would be giving up Al and changing the roster with the second best record in the NBA for a center in to his 1st good season (whom I'd say we have about as much chance of signing as Brad) and an average pt guard who has never played a complete season as a starter.
    Speedy can guard point guards better than any guard on the Pacers roster. Dampier has a good chance of staying on the Pacers roster either by not opting out, or the fact that the Pacers can still offer him a good chunk of money, and even at the very worst a sign and trade can occur.

Harrington will NOT realize his potential in Indy unless Artest or JO is traded, and those three on the front-line make me shudder when playing any physical team. Also if this trade is done, a Croshere for Taylor trade can be made as well, to give the Pacers an Al like guy off the bench.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/587178.phtml

Also, sounds like Orlando got into the mix. Guess we'll find out tomorrow eh boys (and girls)?

just can't be new york, can't be. words fail me. both the rumored indiana and orlando deals are better than the rumored ny deals. plus the knicks getting a legitimate center (when motivated).

Vescey says Damp won't be a Knick:

February 19, 2004 -- With Isiah Thomas expected to strike out with Erick Dampier and Rasheed Wallace at today's 3 p.m. trade deadline, the Knicks still might add a new center - and an old face.

Thomas is bent on bringing back Michael Doleac, who was placed on waivers by the Hawks yesterday. At least it's continuity.

Yesterday, the Knicks offered Dikembe Mutombo, Kurt Thomas and Shandon Anderson for Dampier and Nick Van Exel - both of whom have opt-outs.

The Knicks also made a separate offer of Thomas and Othella Harrington for Dampier. The Warriors aren't expected to accept either.

Doleac has all but agreed to re-sign with the Knicks if he clears waivers tomorrow, but Utah, Denver and the Clippers are considering claiming him and his expiring $1.6 million deal.

As part of the All-Star Sunday trade, Thomas gave the Hawks a second-round pick with the understanding it would waive Doleac.

Doleac wouldn't mind if the Jazz took him, but has already spoken to Thomas about returning.

"I'm from Utah," Doleac said. "[But] it would be good coming back. I'm waiting to see how it all pans out. I loved playing with Steph [Stephon Marbury]. I'm waiting."

Thomas is making a hard charge at a bigger fish at center - Dampier - but Indiana, Memphis and even Detroit, if the Wallace deal falls through, are front-runners.

Thomas believes Mutombo is too old to build a team around, and despite Nazr Mohammed's acquisition, still wants more depth in the pivot.

The chances of Dampier landing in New York are slim, but it's better odds than Thomas' chances of getting Wallace today. The Knicks have been extreme longshots for Wallace for weeks.

But the Knicks' ability to sign him as a free agent for the projected $5.1 million mid-level exception could be damaged if Detroit acquires him today from Atlanta. As one GM said, "I think when it's all over, Detroit will get him."

Multiple league executives said Detroit is the front-runner with their package of expiring contracts - Darvin Ham, Zeljko Rebraca, Bobby Sura, Lindsay Hunter and Tremaine Fowlkes and a first-rounder.

The Hawks want expiring contracts and it must total close to $16 million to make it work salary-cap wise. The Knicks have only one - Kurt Thomas' $5.5M. Isiah Thomas' only hope is to get three, four, five teams involved in what would be Isiah's greatest coup.

If Wallace stays put in Atlanta, he won't re-sign. If Wallace becomes a Piston, all bets are off. Detroit could sway him with a close-to-maximum contract.

Marbury enjoyed working the pick-and-roll with Doleac. Utah can use help up front, and GM Kevin O'Connor likes Doleac's local angle.

As the Knicks practiced, Isiah Thomas was holed up in his office. Through the blinds, you could make out a phone glued to Isiah's ear.

"I can't control my future," Mutombo said. "I know it's a tough situation. You want to be relaxed and make sure you don't go crazy."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/15825.htm

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well time for me to listen to some Marvin Gaye tonight, so hopefully Indiana and Golden State will get it on and make a trade (the 1st one to be specific).

Also Eric Snow could be a good option that the Pacers might be able to get for pretty cheap.

IS says no Damp/Claxton deal:

http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/122035-9189-039.html

Of course Donnie told Al he's "off the market" so what does that mean?