Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on Damp trade

Default Update on Damp trade

Saw this on the same Warriors board, from the same guy that posted the original rumor.

"I have been told by the same source that negotiation on Harrington/Pollard for Damp/Speedy has progressed. Apparently Warriors are reluctant to trade Speedy but really want Al Harrington, and Pacers have offered to replace Pollard with Bender in the deal with Warriors including Dunleavy instead of Speedy. Dunleavy/Damp for Harrington/Bender? We are getting a lot of talent in return, and possibly our next starting SF/PF duo who already have chemistry and unlimited potential."

Link: http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/586573.phtml

IndyToad
    Think about ya all the time

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Update on Damp trade

I'll ask one question for your perusal:

How's Bender's knee?

for that matter...How's Al's knee?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I liked the other deal better, but I think I'd still be cool with this one.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll ask one question for your perusal:

How's Bender's knee?

for that matter...How's Al's knee?
    If you switch 'em, you have one completely healthy player and one completely unable to walk.

If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

speedy / damp - Al/JB = yes
    Dunleavy /damp - Al/Pollie - perhaps
    Dunleavy/Damp - Al/JB = perhaps

Where do we see MD play ? with Dampy playing the C JO would become full time PF again, leaving only scrap minutes for which we have Cro
    Ron is a lock as SF with quite a few minutes, so would we add a mal-content to the line-up ? let's not forget he started quite a few games for the W's (45/47)

His numbers for a second year are ok and in exchange for JB it would perhaps be a good choice.

It's hard to guess the "truth" value of this, since it is mentioned nowhere else but then again. the silence promises a storm

<edit> and I'm not sold on this "rental" idea for Damp, IF we go far in the playoffs he will most likely want to stay, perhaps get an extension for some pay-rise, but why would he go selling himself to a team like Atlanta (who can afford him) if he can play with a legit candidate?</edit>

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

12.1ppg, 6.3rpg, 2.7apg, he's al's height and about 10lbs lighter, with FG% of .448 and 3P% of .390 All in 31 minutes, which I think is about what Al's having. I like the idea of that as our 6th man.

Plus, with Dampier/Foster/Pollard at C, we have plenty of beef to through at the West.

I mean, even if Damp's a rental I like it because I won't let last night stop me from thinking we have as good of a chance as anyone of making the Finals. Having Damp makes it sound more likely. He should help prevent what happened last night from happening much anymore. He grabs 11rbg. Between he and JO we should be in the middle of a game of "keep away" too often.

And I just like Dunleavy. He's putting up about Al's #'s, but shoots better. He'd be a nice weapon off the Bench. JB doesn't play anyway, so I don't cry over him leaving.

And who knows? We do well enough, maybe Damp stays.

I still like this one.

Damnit, what is everyone's problem with Al Harrington?
    I don't see any reason why we should trade him right now.

I'm going to bed and I better not see anymore rumors or talk about trading Al when I get up.

Dampier/Foster/Pollard
    O'Neal/Croshere
    Artest/Dunleavy
    Miller/Jones
    Tinsley/Johnson

Not bad. And if Houston bites on the Cro/Taylor, we essentially get a post-up player type like Al off the bench (though he's not quite as effective as Al). Dunleavy could replace Cro's 3pt shooting. Then the P's have...

Damp/Foster/Pollard
    O'Neal/Taylor
    Artest/Dunleavy
    Miller/Jones
    Tinsley/Johnson

Even better. I still wish we could get Speedy,though.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not as sure with this trade, I'm trying to find a deal that gets the Pacers back Dampier, Dunleavy, and Claxton, with Bender, Harrington and Tinsley + something going back to GS.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Why is Dampier considered a rental anyway? He opts out, who out there is gonna be giving him big money? Makes like 9 mill a year on his current deal, having a decent year this year but I don't see anyone out there who would give him much more. He is getting up there in age too.

All this trade talk makes me sick.

The Pacers are 39-15 & leading the Conference, not 15-39 & in last place.

I am going to pray at my bedside tonight that there are no trades by the Pacers this season.

Take that! :P

If there's a trade you think makes you a better team, you do it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why is Dampier considered a rental anyway? He opts out, who out there is gonna be giving him big money? Makes like 9 mill a year on his current deal, having a decent year this year but I don't see anyone out there who would give him much more. He is getting up there in age too.
    Yeah I don't think he's getting too much more than he is right now, and if he plays well the Pacers can re-sign him as a free-agent. Need to get him before GS plays the Pacers twice, he always kills em, but I guess Al would probably do the same. The deal would be pretty good as it is, but if Claxton can get in it, it's all the better.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

39-15, but with little-to-no chance of winning anything important with the current roster. However, with a couple tweaks, this team has a very good shot at winning something important. I think the only reason there is so much trade talk, even though I don't agree with it, is because most people percieve this team as being on the brink. A center like Damp and a guard like Speedy might get this team further over the edge than Harrington coming off the bench could ever do.
    (Insert logic/Hippo quote here)

Every team in need of a center would give him a pay bump over that. He's going to opt out ifhe's smart.
    There aren't gonna be many teams under the cap, and I don't think any of them are gonna be offering 10 mill+ a year on a long term deal for a 30+ guy who is having his first good season in a long time. Has he actually said he is going to be opting out anywhere?

The Pacers couldn't re-sign him. We're way over the cap, and as far as I know, Bird rights only apply if you've been on a team for 3 years. I could be wrong.
    If players get traded their bird rights go with them I think, so we could offer more if his current deal has been longer than 3 years.

Has he actually said he is going to be opting out anywhere?
    If he doesn't get traded from GS, he definitely will.

If he does, it's up in the air. He's already paid well, and he'd be on a legit contender here.

Damp starting, Dunleavy not playing (ankle) tonight.

Aldridge says Knicks have an offer for Damp/Van Exel on the table.

Aldridge says Knicks have an offer for Damp/Van Exel on the table.
    Is there anyone they are not trading for? ed: Must be nice to have a 90 mill payroll and no problems with going higher.

Dunleavy and Dampier for Harringtona nd Bender would be the worst trade the Pacers have ever made since DW took over in 1986.

It would be a disaster.

Cannot believe any of you think it might be OK.

Damp is a slow lazy post player with horrible hands and a very questionable work ethic and isn't he a free agent.

The thought of Croshere and Dunleavy being the backup forwards turns my stomach. Has there ever been a worse defensive tandem in the history of the NBA

Horrible trade, horrible

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

what kind of value can NY give GS? haven't they basically moved all their tradeable pieces already?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dunleavy and Dampier for Harringtona nd Bender would be the worst trade the Pacers have ever made since DW took over in 1986.

It would be a disaster.

Cannot believe any of you think it might be OK.

Damp is a slow lazy post player with horrible hands and a very questionable work ethic and isn't he a free agent.

The thought of Croshere and Dunleavy being the backup forwards turns my stomach. Has there ever been a worse defensive tandem in the history of the NBA

Horrible trade, horrible
    I'm not a huge fan of it unless Claxton comes to Indy as well, and I think if this deal were made, Indiana would do the Croshere for Taylor trade. Kinda makes up for Harrington, and Dunleavy gives the Pacers an outside threat.

what kind of value can NY give GS? haven't they basically moved all their tradeable pieces already?
    Thomas, Shandon, and Dikembe, apparently.

IndyToad
    Into the primordial ooze

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thomas, Shandon, and Dikembe, apparently.

IndyToad
    Into the primordial ooze
    The Pacers offer is much better, that's a load of crap, and Thomas isn't going to resign there, and Anderson's contract is horrid.