Thread: Pacers Digest mock draft 2013 FINAL, POST 1 UPDATED

Default Re: Pacers Digest mock draft 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OakMoses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone's left, I'll play.
    I'm signing up you for Knicks, Rockets left

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll take the Rockets then, wouldn't be able to draft for the Knicks without sabotaging them.

sorry, Vincognito took Knicks and I missed it. Oak Rockets then since he asked first... we are full, it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    I'll take the Rockets then, wouldn't be able to draft for the Knicks without sabotaging them.
    I'll give you my Wolves' 2nd 1st rounder if that's ok with you (no.26)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers20 View Post
    I take the pacers 2nd
    i've assigned 2nd rounders to the teams that took 1st rounders of that team. You get Orlando's 1st and 2nd

If someone still wants to join, i'll give the Wolves' second rounder (no.52)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    ok, i'm signing Steagles for the Bulls and KingGeorge for the Mavs
    KingGeorge, confim if that's ok with you
    Yea thats fine.
    “This was just a taste,” George said. “I want to be here every year until I can’t go no more.”

The system doesn't allow me to send a PM reply yet, it asks to wait 5 minutes
    KingGeorge -- I didn't notice you had the Pacers too. The Mavs will go to Goyle then since we ran out of teams.

Goyle, is that ok?

Also, everyone make sure your picks are signed up properly. It was hectic at one point when we added the full 2nd round and many people were signing up at the same time. I could've missed something.
    Last edited by hackashaq; 06-11-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    The system doesn't allow me to send a PM reply yet, it asks to wait 5 minutes
    KingGeorge -- I didn't notice you had the Pacers too. The Mavs will go to Goyle then since we ran out of teams.

Goyle, is that ok?
    Works for me.

Alright, it seems we are full then.

We can start.

12 hours per pick. If someone doesn't show up, we will auto-pick the highest ranked player on Chad Ford's 100 board (i probably don't have access to that anymore, but hopefully someone does). We will try not to skip people when they are sleeping. So, we won't skip during the Indiana night time (11 PM - 8 AM) unless we know the person is from overseas. As for Europeans, Australians, etc, we will also try not to skip them during their night time. I know Nuntius is from Europe, I'm from Europe as well, not sure about others.

We should be able to finish this by the time of the real draft. Hopefully many picks won't take full 12 hours.

BRushWithDeath on the clock with the 1st overall pick.

Edit -- lets make it 12 hours, i think we should be ok. 8 hours might be too short if someone's at work.
    Edit -- I'll make a list of overseas members on the 1st page.
    Last edited by hackashaq; 06-11-2013 at 04:32 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Dutch Pacers Fan

I'm from Europe as well...
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

For the second time in three years, the number one pick will be taking his talents to the Erie beach. However, there is no Kyrie Irving this draft. For the first time in a years, there is no clear number 1 overall pick.

Cleveland has a very good nucleus to draw from. Thanks to the luck of Nick Gilbert this is a team with very good young talent and the chance to add some more.

The current roster lines up as follows:

Point guard:

Needless to say, we feel good about the point guard position. Kyrie Irving is a 20 year old superstar. He scores. He passes. He's got the best handle in the league. His defense still needs work but we're comfortable saying that he'll be a top 3 point guard in the league for the next decade.

We don't have another lead guard on the roster so getting Irving's backup will be imperative out of this draft.

Wings:

Well, there is no easy way to put this. This is pretty much a giant turd sandwich outside of last year's 3rd pick, Dion Waiters.

We do like Waiters. The All-Rookie first teamer showed that he can score. While his shooting, and more importantly his shot selection, need improvement we have no worries about him being able to put the ball in the basket,

Alonzo Gee will be back for another year and he's been better than anticipated. Yet, if he's more than a 4th wing, you're in trouble. If he's starting, you end up with the number 1 overall pick. With that in mind, maybe we ought to start him again this year.

Those are the only wings currently coming back so we'll need help there.

Bigs:

Anderson Verajao returns from the combination of a breakout year and a devastating injury. Fortunately, it sounds as though he'll be ready by the beginning of the season. He's a fantastic rebounder, a solid defensive player, and he's added considerably to his offense so that he's no longer a Jeff Foster-esque liability on that end.

Tristan Thompson also returns after a breakout season. The 21 year old comes off a season in which he nearly averaged a double double. We think Thompson is a starting big in this league for many years to come.

Tyler Zeller will be in his second season after what could best be described as a mixed bag as a rookie. Due to Verajao's injury, he got a lot more time than we would have liked but hopefully it speeds up his development in the future. He seems like he could be a solid 3rd big in the future, capable of playing either 4 or 5.

Unfortunately, Marreese Speights seems sure to pick up his $4.5 million player option so he'll be back.

Overall:

This roster is talented but very shallow. We love the young Irving/Waiters/Thompson core. We like the veteran presence that a healthy Verajao will be bring. But we need help. Everywhere. Fortunately, with two first round picks and two high second picks we have the luxury of filling some of these holes.

With the first pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select...

Nerlens Noel, Center, University of Kentucky

Otto Porter may be the best fit here but Noel is the best talent in the draft. We don't love the fact that he blew his knee out but if we're being honest with ourselves, we don't really think this team will be ready to contend this season anyway. We're willing to wait. The defensive presence he has the chance to provide is too tempting. We think he's very similar to Marcus Camby and with the scoring our young backcourt will offer, we decided he's worth the risk.

And truth be told, if he's slow to recover, we won't be too upset. The 2014 draft is going to be what moves us from the lottery to contender.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Pacers20 and the Orlando Magic are on the clock with the 2nd pick in the draft
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 06-11-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Nerlens Noel, a nice young nucleus there

That was a great read! Marcus Camby is an interesting comparison. He also looks like Larry Sanders (without the spontaneous combustion) to me.

Just to make sure it doesn't get missed:

Pacers20 and the Orlando Magic OTC.
    Last edited by hackashaq; 06-11-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Just letting Pacers20 know you have about 7 hours left to pick

I believe the Magic will take trey Burke and they will look to trade Nelson this off season they have a few good pieces in Tobias Harris and Affalo they can just tank it and make a run at wiggins next year so the Magic select trey Burke

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacers20 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am on the clock and will pick in the morning/early afternoon if that is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers20 View Post
    I believe the Magic will take trey Burke and they will look to trade Nelson this off season they have a few good pieces in Tobias Harris and Affalo they can just tank it and make a run at wiggins next year so the Magic select trey Burke

Not really a very exciting or in-depth write up, but a decent enough pick, all things considered.

By the way, there's no requirement to do a lot of explaining, just as much as you feel up to.
    I'm sure that as far as my late 2nd rounders i will barely even know who they are. I'll try to do some research but it will likely be very limited.

Trey Burke is dropping right now in mocks but I'm still intrigued by him. In general it's getting hard to bet against scoring/shooting point guards, most of them seem to succeed.

The Washington Professional Basketball Team Formerly Known As The Bullets have several needs this offseason, but they got themselves started out on the right foot by relieving Ernie Grunfeld of his General Managing duties for this draft.

Taking a look at the roster, the Wizards appear to be set in the backcourt for the foreseeable future with John Wall and Bradley Beal manning the 1 and 2. After a tremendously slow start to the season last year, they really turned things around when John Wall got healthy and started to play like we all thought he would when Washington selected him with the #1 pick in the 2010 NBA draft.

The frontcourt, on the other hand, is a disaster. Trevor Ariza is not the long term solution to anything at the 3 and getting his contact off the books will be a tremendous boon. Emeka Okafor doesn't excite anyone and is wildly overpaid. Nene is competent when healthy, but long-term, all three frontcourt positions represent a need for the Wizards.

Without further ado, the Washington Wizards select Anthony Bennett, power forward from the University of Nevada-Las Vegas.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Smits Happens and the soon-to-be Charlotte Hornets are on the clock.

Just FYI, I've got something written already, but I'm out of the office for an hour or two, so I'll announce my pick as soon as I can after I get back.

Can we get a summary list of players drafted like every 2 or 3 picks. It's gonna be a pain try to sift through post after post.

It would also be good to put at the top of your Draft Post:
    1. Cleveland Cavaliers - Nerlens Noel, C by BRushWithDeath and bold it, so the first thing people read is the pick number, the team, the player, the position, and who made the pick. This will help for people who want to go back and find the picks and read the description of why.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Can we get a summary list of players drafted like every 2 or 3 picks. It's gonna be a pain try to sift through post after post.

It would also be good to put at the top of your Draft Post:
    1. Cleveland Cavaliers - Nerlens Noel, C by BRushWithDeath and bold it, so the first thing people read is the pick number, the team, the player, the position, and who made the pick. This will help for people who want to go back and find the picks and read the description of why.
    He's updating the original post with that information.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post: