Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow to sign with the Patriots

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tim Tebow to sign with the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read a theory that he was signed originally with the hope that he could help keep Hernandez in line as was done at Florida.

But yes, no way they waste a roster spot on him now.
    The more that comes out, the more it seems even TT couldn't keep Hernandez in line in Florida.

If Tebow makes the roster, its because Kraft loves him and Bill wants to prove a point, well to try to.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

has been cut surely this is the end.

***** me even hearing his name anymore.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Mood

yep, officially cut

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nkowski-on-53/

next stop, CFL?

Maybe there his career will be resurrected

...err...reborn...

errr, umm...

I mean jumpstarted!
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 08-31-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's official, Tebow cleared waivers without being claimed. As of right now he is NOT in the NFL.

I would imagine that some team will have to have an injury that affects their QB depth chart for him to get a chance at all.
    Last edited by travmil; 09-01-2013 at 06:53 PM.

I have nothing against Tebow but at this point I'm ready to just see him fade away so the haters can STFU, the fanboys can STFU, and the media can STFU too.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

How do the Jags not take a look at him?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Or the Bills.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

They must at least be trying to win games. If the hoodie can't make him look good, then no one can. His NFL days are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Or the Bills.
    I think he wouldn't fit in there with Manuel. But Jacksonville has no young truly talented qb so why not

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I never thought Tebow fit with the Patriots at all. Didn't surprise me at all that he didn't stick there, he's nowhere close to Brady's style. Belichick is good but he wasn't the right coach.
    Never understood at all why NY and NE signed him, they were horrible matches for him. He's not a mechanical, system QB; he's more emotion and improvisation. He needs a more freestyle offense.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-02-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I never thought Tebow fit with the Patriots at all. Didn't surprise me at all. Belichick is good but he wasn't the right coach.
    The Jets were too bad for Tebow.

The Patriots and the hoodie were too good for Tebow.

The problem isn't with the teams. The problem is that Tebow isn't an NFL talent.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

their owner worships a false god

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    their owner worships a false god
    O god...I didn't even think about that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The Jets were too bad for Tebow.

The Patriots and the hoodie were too good for Tebow.

The problem isn't with the teams. The problem is that Tebow isn't an NFL talent.
    Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that. It's one thing to be a good coach/system, and it's another thing to be the *right* coach/system. I never felt like Belichick/Patriots were the right place. Belichick is a good coach, but he demands a certain type of player. I just don't see Tebow being that type of player. I think if he got back into a Denver-type situation, he could do something. I agree that he's not your typical QB prospect... I realize he requires a very specific situation to succeed... but I do think he can succeed, if he can find that situation. I actually think Buffalo and Tebow would be a fantastic fit. They love their underdog QBs (Flutie), their QB situation has sucked for too long, and they desperately need something positive to happen, that is one downtrodden franchise. He could be a huge lift there. He could do something in Jacksonville probly too, except that franchise is a mess. Tebow has always had this weird ability to somehow make plays when he has to, even after looking like **** all week in practice. Come 4th quarter... the dude somehow starts making throws.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-02-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Finally got back from the holiday weekend and I hope people can stop blaming Manning for ruining his career.

The point is if he were good enough to make an NFL roster he'd be on one right now it wouldn't matter if he was cut/traded.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that. It's one thing to be a good coach/system, and it's another thing to be the *right* coach/system. I never felt like Belichick/Patriots were the right place. Belichick is a good coach, but he demands a certain type of player. I just don't see Tebow being that type of player. I think if he got back into a Denver-type situation, he could do something. I agree that he's not your typical QB prospect... I realize he requires a very specific situation to succeed... but I do think he can succeed, if he can find that situation. I actually think Buffalo and Tebow would be a fantastic fit. They love their underdog QBs (Flutie), their QB situation has sucked for too long, and they desperately need something positive to happen, that is one downtrodden franchise. He could be a huge lift there. He could do something in Jacksonville probly too, except that franchise is a mess. Tebow has always had this weird ability to somehow make plays when he has to, even after looking like **** all week in practice. Come 4th quarter... the dude somehow starts making throws.
    But the problem is that a "very specific situation" for Tebow in today's NFL is virtually non-existent. In today's NFL, there are basically two categories of quarterback: 1) Those who throw, and 2) Those who throw a lot.

Tebow apparently hasn't shown enough NFL skills to justify building a quarterback system around him and nuking the modern quarterback playbook, which says that a quarterback has to be able to routinely throw the ball. Ben Roethlisberger has never been a prolific passer in the mold of a Manning or Brady, and has mostly played for a team with a "smashmouth football" identity, but the guy still has a career 63% completion percentage. He made a beautiful TD pass that basically won the Super Bowl against the Cardinals. Even teams like the Steelers, who don't heavily rely on the pass, still want a quarterback who is capable of making good passes when needed. The bottom line is that Tebow can't consistently throw the ball, and there's no place for you in the NFL if you can't throw the ball. That's why Tebow isn't on a team with the season starting in just three days.

In sports, sometimes people catch lightning in a bottle and have a short run of miraculous success. I don't think that Tebow's run of close victories in 2011 could be strung out long term. The law of averages is against it with such an untalented QB. His playoff win against Pitt is basically meaningless now, just like Mark Sanchez starting off his career with back to back AFCCG appearances isn't going to help him win his job. Three years ago, Sanchez's team beat Manning and Brady in back to back playoff games on the road with Sanchez playing very well, but now he's on the verge of losing his starting job to a rookie. Tebow and Sanchez had early playoff success, while Peyton Manning didn't win a playoff game until his sixth season. Sometimes strange things happen in sports.

Just another example where keeping the ego in check and having the ability to "know who you" is so underated. Had Tebow come in the league and spent the last three years learning how to be an H-Back/Fullback there is a great chance we would be looking at a 10-year NFL contributer.

Of course an even bigger ego maniac in Josh McDaniels completely enabled Tebow by drafting him in the first round and assuming he could transform him into an NFL QB.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Tebow......what is he doing? A team is inquiring whether he will switch positions and he says.....no? C'mon Tebow. This is your only chance. Take it. All 32 teams have had a chance to see you at QB and nobody's biting now. The NFL QB dream is over. Get in the league any way you can. It's not a disgrace to play a position other than QB.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Tebow......what is he doing? A team is inquiring whether he will switch positions and he says.....no? C'mon Tebow. This is your only chance. Take it. All 32 teams have had a chance to see you at QB and nobody's biting now. The NFL QB dream is over. Get in the league any way you can. It's not a disgrace to play a position other than QB.
    What an arrogant entitled fool. Sorry TRT, but Emperor Urb doesn't coach in the NFL. No one is going to be knocking at your door.

Mood

Kinda makes him lose a lot of respect in my eyes too. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots also offered to let him learn a new position and he said no thanks. They have a fullback learning to play TE (James Develin) so it's not a stretch to think they offered Tebow that option too.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Kinda makes him lose a lot of respect in my eyes too. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots also offered to let him learn a new position and he said no thanks. They have a fullback learning to play TE (James Develin) so it's not a stretch to think they offered Tebow that option too.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all, especially considering that Mr. Kraft was publically stating that he wanted him to stay on the roster.

Sports Logo

He wants to be a QB, why's that a bad thing? He's obviously fine with that preventing him playing in the NFL. I don't see how that makes him arrogant, he's entitled to do something with his life other than play in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He wants to be a QB, why's that a bad thing? He's obviously fine with that preventing him playing in the NFL. I don't see how that makes him arrogant, he's entitled to do something with his life other than play in the NFL.
    Maybe arrogant wasn't the fairest word. More like completely oblivious....

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Maybe arrogant wasn't the fairest word. More like completely oblivious....
    What's worse, IMO, is that he won't play in the CFL. That's arrogance.
    #DBAP

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Yeah.....it's funny that he won't play QB in any league but the NFL, but he won't change positions to play in the NFL. I just think he's a little delusional. I think the fact that he had a miracle run in Denver adds to this delusion. It's one thing to believe in yourself but another the hold on when all the NFL scouting personnel, coaches, and talent evaluators say you don't have NFL QB skills.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post: