Thread: Indiana/Phoenix idea

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Indiana/Phoenix idea

I'm not completely sold on this idea because I don't know enough about Dragic but it is just that, an idea, and I want to know if you all think it is good or bad. Yeah, I know the Pacers give up a lot here but you have to give something to get something, Lance is not going to net us Rondo and picks.

Pacers receive:

Goran Dragic
    Channing Frye

Suns receive:

Danny Granger
    Lance Stephenson

Why for Indiana? Pacers get a pure point guard and three point shooting off the bench (provided that Frye is healthy enough to go next year).

Why for Phoenix? Suns get a productive player for a year in Danny Granger and shed a ton of salary earlier than they would otherwise would for a rebuild. They also take a flier on Stephenson to see if they want him to be part of their future core. Every part of Danny hates this trade except for his knee.
    Last edited by idioteque; 06-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Default Re: Indiana/Phoenix idea

You don't trade both Danny and Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not completely sold on this idea because I don't know enough about Dragic but it is just that, an idea, and I want to know if you all think it is good or bad. Yeah, I know the Pacers give up a lot here but you have to give something to get something, Lance is not going to net us Rondo and picks.

Pacers receive:

Goran Dragic
    Channing Frye

Suns receive:

Danny Granger
    Lance Stephenson

Why for Indiana? Pacers get a pure point guard and three point shooting off the bench (provided that Frye is healthy enough to go next year).

Why for Phoenix? Suns get a productive player for a year in Danny Granger and shed a ton of salary earlier than they would otherwise would for a rebuild. They also take a flier on Stephenson to see if they want him to be part of their future core. Every part of Danny hates this trade except for his knee.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think PHX does this. Goran Dragic is so fun to watch and a hell of a player(Danny makes no sense in PHX). I mean they may do it if they can flip Danny to another team and get future picks or s young asset. I think getting Exum, Smart or Harrison next year would make me forget about Goran.

I like your thinking in getting Dragic. He would be perfect for us. If this trade went down. I would look to draft Reggie Bullock or hope Franklin slides. I would love that team. Would be so solid and dynamic on both ends. Why we are at it can we add Scola in the deal somwhow I love that guy.

Sports Logo

Goran is a pure point now?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Goran is a pure point now?
    IDK I wouldn't think so but that is a good thing, he is a hell of a pg he is great at the SG too. Pure pgs in general suck. If you want a pure pg go to the euro league. I prefer the dynamic lead guy like Goran over a pure pg like a Jose Calderon or Kendall Marshall anyday. I think pure pg is just code for lacking scoring ability. I mean honestly what is a pure pg?? It still confuses me a guy can play or he can't. If we are talking about a pure pg as a pass first guy that just runs the offense like almost every guy in Europe. I don't want one of those guys. I just want a good pg that can play. weather he is what is deemed a pure pg like is Steve Nash is deemed or Jason Kidd was I dont care. I just want my pg to be a good dynamic basketball player. Russel Westbrook could be my pg any day same with Tony Parker and they have never been called a pure pg. I just think a pure pg is kind of misleading to the position and to what it takes to me a good pg at the NBA level.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    IDK I wouldn't think so but that is a good thing, he is a hell of a pg he is great at the SG too. Pure pgs in general suck. If you want a pure pg go to the euro league. I prefer the dynamic lead guy like Goran over a pure pg like a Jose Calderon or Kendall Marshall anyday. I think pure pg is just code for lacking scoring ability. I mean honestly what is a pure pg?? It still confuses me a guy can play or he can't. If we are talking about a pure pg as a pass first guy that just runs the offense like almost every guy in Europe. I don't want one of those guys. I just want a good pg that can play. weather he is what is deemed a pure pg like is Steve Nash is deemed or Jason Kidd was I dont care. I just want my pg to be a good dynamic basketball player. Russel Westbrook could be my pg any day same with Tony Parker and they have never been called a pure pg. I just think a pure pg is kind of misleading to the position and to what it takes to me a good pg at the NBA level.
    I don't think that Dragic is a pure PG either. He is mostly considered a combo guard in Europe as well. That's why I laughed at the idea that he is a pure PG.

I wouldn't say that we have a lot of those Pure PGs over here, though. A lot of them can score although the games are low scoring in general (less minutes, slower pace etc).

Other than that, I agree with you. Not being a pure PG is far from a bad thing.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014