Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Originally posted by tadscout View Post
    Whoever drafts Giannis Adetokunbo will be picking him to come to the NBA right away, teams tell me. He has no interest in being stashed.
    he's dropping fast

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
      http://www.indycornrows.com/2013/6/2...ct-the-outcome

Evan Sidery's mock draft from Indy cornrows, ik a lot of people don't trust him though, but he says the Acers have a 'top 5' list of prospects who they want to fall so they don't trade their pick, those prospects are Kelly Olynyk, Shane Larkin, Dennis Schroeder, Isaiah Canaan, and Giannis Adetokunbo

I want nothing to do with Olynyk, Larkin, and I'm not interested in Schroeder or Giannis A. Personally, I hope this is smoke and mirrors from the FO.

Comment

Oklahoma City is exploring drafting and stashing a European prospect at 12, but none of Schroeder, Karasev or Adetokunbo are interested.
        "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Comment

NBAdraft.net has Indiana taking Mason Plumlee
          Draftexpress.com has Indiana taking Isaiah Canaan which is a little better.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
            If we end up with Olynyk that will be the second year in a row we have wasted a draft pick on someone that will not help us at all next season.

Me personally, I would be probably even more disappointed than I was with the Plumlee pick because there seems to be better fits for our roster that is in dire need of cheap help off the bench in the mold of rookie contracts.

I hope this guy is wrong. The fact that he's called Bennett a SF, and said Gobert is a freak athletically, kinda gives me hope that he doesn't know much

I couldn't agree more!

Comment

anyone got ford's latest mock to post in here that has insider? it's up to 7.0 now

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Shuffle View Post

Orlando GM is looking to buy out the contracts of Turkoglu and Al Harrington.....anyone interested in bringing Harrington back as the backup PF?

Not a believer in 3rd time is a charm. I didn't want him the 2nd time, and he only lasted as a half season rental. PASS BIG TIME!

Comment

Today he has Pacers taking Dennis Schroeder

Comment

Originally posted by TheDon View Post

anyone got ford's latest mock to post in here that has insider? it's up to 7.0 now

Yes, PLEASE post it! Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Comment

I'd be annoyed with Olynyk, as a one-dimensional (offensive) player with limited upside.

It wouldn't sink to the level of angst I felt on the Miles though, a zero-dimensional player (at least in college) with no upside whatsoever, to my eyes. (I'd like to be proven wrong on Miles though.)
                      The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).

Comment

Originally posted by diamonddave00 View Post
                        Today he has Pacers taking Dennis Schroeder
                        I will be doing backflips out of kilroys downtown if that happens. As a matter of fact, I might just run over to bankers life and leave a personal thank you note to kevin pritchard haha

Comment

Source: http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/prin...488&type=story

Chad Forde Mock Draft 7.0

Happy draft day. This year I think the NBA has something really crazy in store for all of us.

In the 11 years I've been doing this, this is the most unpredictable draft I've ever seen.

Like every year, as of midnight a number of teams reported they still were debating between three or four prospects on their board. Agents and players are wringing their hands right now. No one knows who's going where.

So the draft should be fun. And the mock draft? It's hard to pinpoint who teams will take when they haven't decided yet, but we're going to try. And then try again a little later in the day. And they try again right before the draft.

In other words, check back often during the day for versions 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 as we continue to collect information on who will go where.

After talking to numerous NBA team sources, here's our best stab at how the draft will play out Thursday night.

MORE DRAFT CONTENT:

NBA Draft Machine | Ford's Top 100 | Second Round

1Nerlens NoelCleveland Cavaliers
                          COLLEGE: KentuckyAGE: 19HT: 7-0WT: 219POS: C
                          Analysis: Noel has been my top pick in every mock from 1.0 to 7.0. The Cavs, however, have yet to tip their hand. Various theories about Cleveland's attachment to Noel, Alex Len, Anthony Bennett, Ben McLemore, Otto Porter and Victor Oladipo abound.

Here's what I know as of midnight Wednesday evening.

The Cavs' top option is to trade the No. 1 overall pick for a combination of a veteran plus a 2014 first-round pick. If they can pull that off, they'll move the pick. If they can't, they'll keep attempting to move whoever they draft until all their options have been exercised.

And if they keep the pick? General manager Chris Grant has been a Nerlens Noel guy all year. Other people in the front office are pushing for Len. I even heard, somewhat convincingly, that owner Dan Gilbert loves Oladipo!

With a split front office, the final decision comes to Grant. I think he's a Noel guy … but we'll all find out whether I'm reading the tea leaves correctly around 7:35 p.m.

PLAYER CARD
                          2Victor OladipoOrlando Magic
                          COLLEGE: IndianaAGE: 21HT: 6-4WT: 213POS: SG

Analysis: I continue to hear that if the Cavs pass on Noel, the Magic are leaning strongly toward selecting Noel with the No. 2 pick in the draft.

If Noel is off the board? Things get a little tougher. Some favor Oladipo. Others McLemore. While McLemore is a stronger offensive player, Oladipo's defense and his crazy motor hold a strong appeal for the Magic. Culture matters in Orlando and I think Oladipo trumps McLemore by an edge.

PLAYER CARD
                          3Otto PorterWashington Wizards
                          COLLEGE: GeorgetownAGE: 20HT: 6-9WT: 198POS: SF
                          Analysis: The constant that was Otto Porter has become less constant as several reports claim the Wizards now favor Anthony Bennett. I've heard both from inside the Wizards. Clearly, like most front offices in the league right now, there are two different factions. I continue to hear that Porter is the safer pick and better fits the team's culture and they will lean that way.

PLAYER CARD

4Ben McLemoreCharlotte Bobcats
                          COLLEGE: KansasAGE: 20HT: 6-5WT: 189POS: SG

Analysis: Some information is starting to trickle out of Charlotte. The team is looking at Len, Bennett, Porter and Cody Zeller. In fact, I think Zeller might be in the mix more than I once believed. But my most convincing source persuaded me the Bobcats won't pass on McLemore if he's here.

PLAYER CARD
                          5Alex LenPhoenix Suns
                          COLLEGE: MarylandAGE: 20HT: 7-1WT: 225POS: C
                          Analysis: The Suns' primary need is a scoring wing, but if Oladipo and McLemore are off the board, don't be surprised if the Suns grab Len here. New general manager Ryan McDonough is a fan of Len's, and with Marcin Gortat heading into the last year of his deal, Len quite literally could become the centerpiece of the franchise. Michael Carter-Williams and Zeller also are real possibilities here.

PLAYER CARD
                          6Michael Carter-WilliamsNew Orleans Pelicans
                          COLLEGE: SyracuseAGE: 21HT: 6-6WT: 184POS: PG

Analysis: The Pelicans might be tempted by Bennett, but they have a bigger need at point guard. While they like Austin Rivers, Carter-Williams is more of the pure point guard they think could be the perfect set-up man for Anthony Davis. Trey Burke is an option here as is C.J. McCollum, but it looks like Carter-Williams might be the best fit.

PLAYER CARD
                          7C.J. McCollumSacramento Kings
                          COLLEGE: LehighAGE: 21HT: 6-3WT: 197POS: PG

Analysis: The Kings are engaged in trade talks with a number of teams, and they might move this pick. If they keep it, McCollum makes sense. The team wants a point guard who can shoot the ball. That was supposed to be Jimmer Fredette two years ago, but it looks like the team might be moving on. I also wouldn't be surprised if Utah moved up to No. 7 to land McCollum.

PLAYER CARD
                          8Anthony BennettDetroit Pistons
                          COLLEGE: UNLVAGE: 20HT: 6-8WT: 240POS: PF

Analysis: For a third year in a row, the Pistons are hoping that one of the top seven players on the board takes a surprise dip on draft night. They might get their wish. While the team is after a point guard, Bennett might be too good to pass up. He can play both the 4 and the 3 and gives them another great scoring option in their frontcourt. Carter-Williams would be another serious option here.

PLAYER CARD
                          9Kentavious Caldwell-PopeMinnesota Timberwolves
                          COLLEGE: GeorgiaAGE: 20HT: 6-6WT: 204POS: SG

Analysis: Of all the picks in this mock draft, this is the one I'm most sure of. We've had Caldwell-Pope here for over a month and we're not moving him unless Minnesota trades up to No. 2, 4 or 5 to land Oladipo.

PLAYER CARD
                          10Steven AdamsPortland Trail Blazers
                          COLLEGE: PittsburghAGE: 19HT: 7-0WT: 255POS: C

Analysis: The Blazers are hoping McCollum or Caldwell-Pope are on the board. But if they aren't? It will come down to Trey Burke, Steven Adams and Cody Zeller. It's a tough three-way race, but I give the edge to Adams. Given his size, Burke might struggle to play in the same backcourt as Damian Lillard. On the surface Adams might look a lot like last year's pick Meyers Leonard, but the Blazers could use more bigs, and Adams wowed them in workouts.

PLAYER CARD
                          11Cody ZellerPhiladelphia 76ers
                          COLLEGE: IndianaAGE: 20HT: 7-0WT: 230POS: C

Analysis: Zeller is getting a lot of buzz now with the Bobcats, Suns and Blazers. We've had him here in every mock draft, and this is the first time I feel like he won't be there. If the Bobcats or Suns swap picks with the T-Wolves, Zeller could be their guy. I'm told Sergey Karasev, Kelly Olynyk and Mason Plumlee are options here, but probably only if Zeller is off the board.

PLAYER CARD
                          12Trey BurkeOklahoma City Thunder via Toronto Raptors
                          COLLEGE: MichiganAGE: 20HT: 6-1WT: 187POS: PG

Analysis: The Thunder have a lot of interest in Steven Adams, but in this scenario, he's gone. Sergey Karasev and Kelly Olynyk are other possibilities, but if Burke is here, he might be tough to pass on. With Russell Westbrook coming back from injury, Burke would give them a game-ready point guard who could play right away. This is a situation where the team simply can't pass on the talent.

PLAYER CARD
                          13Sergey KarasevDallas Mavericks
                          Analysis: The Mavericks continue to lean heavily toward trading the pick (if they haven't already). According to various reports, one scenario floating around has them swapping picks with the Cavs. If that happens, it's almost certainly to be for Karasev. There are several other teams who are after Karasev, including the Bucks, Hawks and Nets, and they could be great trade partners. If the Mavericks keep the pick, Michael Carter-Williams and Dennis Schroeder also would be possibilities here.

PLAYER CARD
                          14Lucas NogueiraUtah Jazz
                          Analysis: Not much has changed here since the last mock. If C.J. McCollum, Trey Burke or Michael Carter-Williams (probably in that order) are on the board, the Jazz go point guard. If they're gone? The team isn't in love with any of the point guards left. They also need bigs (both Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are free agents this summer) and it looks as if they're open to using the draft to help address that need. Nogueira isn't the only guy they'll look at here. Kelly Olynyk and Mason Plumlee also have a shot. But I think Nogueira is the most intriguing of the group.

PLAYER CARD
                          15Shane LarkinMilwaukee Bucks
                          COLLEGE: MiamiAGE: 20HT: 6-0WT: 171POS: PG
                          Analysis: If the draft plays out this way, the Bucks are looking at three names -- Larkin, Dennis Schroeder or Glen Rice Jr., who came in for a second workout Tuesday. It's hard to say which way the Bucks are leaning, but it looks like Larkin has the slight edge.

PLAYER CARD
                          16Kelly OlynykBoston Celtics
                          COLLEGE: GonzagaAGE: 22HT: 7-0WT: 234POS: PF

Analysis: The Celtics are in full rebuilding mode, but I'm not sure how that affects the draft. I keep hearing four names: Adams, Dennis Schroeder, Larkin or Olynyk. Over the course of the past 24 hours, it seems like Olynyk is gaining momentum there. He's a very skilled big man who would add size and scoring to the Celtics' front line.

PLAYER CARD
                          17Giannis AntetokounmpoAtlanta Hawks via Houston Rockets

Analysis: I continue to hear Antetokounmpo's name here. The Hawks can stash him overseas, let him develop, and in a few years he could be the steal of the draft. Or we'll all forget they drafted him. Either scenario probably works for Atlanta.

PLAYER CARD
                          18Shabazz MuhammadAtlanta Hawks
                          COLLEGE: UCLAAGE: 20HT: 6-6WT: 222POS: SF

Analysis: There's a point at which a player's reward outweighs the risk. I'm not sure where Muhammad's floor is, but it has to be pretty close. Yes, there are flaws in his game, but at some point you can't ignore his scoring abilities. The Hawks have been doing a lot of research on Muhammad the past few days. Plumlee, San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin and Michigan's Tim Hardaway Jr. also are possibilities.

PLAYER CARD
                          19Reggie BullockCleveland Cavaliers via Los Angeles Lakers
                          COLLEGE: North CarolinaAGE: 22HT: 6-7WT: 200POS: SF

Analysis: If the Cavs grab Noel at No. 1, look for them to add a small forward or shooter with the second first-round pick. They would love to get their hands on Karasev if they could; they are trying to move up to grab him. Moving to No. 13 seems to be the consensus of where they need to get to, and it looks as if they are willing to eat Shawn Marion's salary for a year to get there in a trade with Dallas. If they can't get to No. 13, Bullock is another shooter on whom they really are high. Bullock shot 44 percent from 3-point range this season and has the size to play both wing positions.

PLAYER CARD
                          20Mason PlumleeChicago Bulls
                          COLLEGE: DukeAGE: 23HT: 6-10WT: 238POS: PF

Analysis: Every mock draft, we alternate between a big and a wing for the Bulls. They need both. Plumlee is an interesting case. Lots of teams like him, few love him. But I think it would be hard for the Bulls to pass on Plumlee's value at No. 20. Tim Hardaway Jr. and Jamaal Franklin are other possibilities.

PLAYER CARD
                          21Isaiah CanaanUtah Jazz via Golden State Warriors
                          SCHOOL: Murray StateAGE: 22HT: 6-0WT: 188POS: PG

Analysis: If the Jazz pass on a point guard at No. 14, they have to be content with what's left at No. 21. This one might come down to Schroeder and Cannan. Schroeder is bigger, but Canaan is a much better scorer. It's really tough to pinpoint who they'd choose, but I think Canaan has the edge. Nogueira and France's Rudy Gobert also are potential picks here if the Jazz go with a point guard at No. 14.

PLAYER CARD
                          22Gorgui DiengBrooklyn Nets
                          COLLEGE: LouisvilleAGE: 23HT: 6-11WT: 230POS: C

Analysis: Dieng has slid in the draft thanks to concerns about his knees, but a number of teams in the 20s still seem willing to take the risk. With Minnesota in serious talks to swap this pick for the Nets' MarShon Brooks, I could see the Nets grabbing another big to fill out their front line.

PLAYER CARD
                          23Dennis SchroederIndiana Pacers

Analysis: The Pacers are looking at point guards and bigs. If Schroeder falls, he seems like a no-brainer to the Pacers. He's long, young and athletic and can really get to the basket. He won't be ready to contribute for Indiana now, but in the long term, he could be their best pick here.

PLAYER CARD
                          24Jamaal FranklinNew York Knicks
                          COLLEGE: San Diego St.AGE: 22HT: 6-5WT: 191POS: SG

Analysis: Franklin is super-athletic and can play multiple positions. He's not a need pick per se. The Knicks could really use a power forward, but Franklin has more upside and adds a toughness that Knicks fans will love. Tony Mitchell also is a possibility here.

PLAYER CARD
                          25Tim Hardaway Jr.Los Angeles Clippers
                          COLLEGE: MichiganAGE: 21HT: 6-6WT: 199POS: SG

Analysis: The Clippers are going for it and are going to need all the help they can get. That might force them to take a veteran guard who can give them shooting and minutes. Hardaway is a coach's favorite, and I could see the Clippers thinking he'd make a great fit at No. 25.

PLAYER CARD
                          26Allen CrabbeMinnesota Timberwolves via Memphis Grizzlies
                          COLLEGE: CalAGE: 21HT: 6-6WT: 197POS: SG

Analysis: Minnesota wants shooting and they need help at the 2 and 3. I think they could grab another shooter, even if the take Caldwell-Pope at No. 9. Crabbe has the size to play the 3 and would add another target for Ricky Rubio. Rudy Gobert also is a possibility here.

PLAYER CARD
                          27Tony SnellDenver Nuggets
                          COLLEGE: New MexicoAGE: 21HT: 6-7WT: 198POS: SG

Analysis: The Nuggets are in danger of losing Andre Iguodalathis summer after he opted to become a free agent. What they really need is a shooter. Snell and Ricky Ledo are the best shooters left on the board.

PLAYER CARD
                          28Rudy GobertSan Antonio Spurs

Analysis: The Spurs need size and have never shied away from taking international players. What Gobert lacks in athletic ability, he makes up with extreme length for his position. The Spurs also can stash him overseas if they need the cash.

PLAYER CARD
                          29Ricky LedoOklahoma City Thunder
                          COLLEGE: ProvidenceAGE: 20HT: 6-6WT: 197POS: SG

Analysis: This might be a bit of a reach. But the Thunder have been looking for an elite shooting guard, and Ledo is as talented as several players in the lottery. He has lots of off-court issues, but the Thunder might try to rehabilitate him in their excellent D-League franchise.

PLAYER CARD
                          30Erick GreenPhoenix Suns via Miami Heat
                          SCHOOL: Virginia TechAGE: 22HT: 6-3WT: 178POS: PG

Analysis: Green was one of the best scorers in the country this season and some teams think he can make the transition to point guard in the pros. The Suns are down on last year's lottery pick Kendall Marshall. Green could provide some scoring punch to the backcourt.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
                            I'd be annoyed with Olynyk, as a one-dimensional (offensive) player with limited upside.

It wouldn't sink to the level of angst I felt on the Miles though, a zero-dimensional player (at least in college) with no upside whatsoever, to my eyes. (I'd like to be proven wrong on Miles though.)
                            When Bird drafted Miles last year, I believe he thought he was drafting Mason.

Name-calling signature removed

Comment

I think Schroeder is a several years project tbh. His shot doesn't look so well, slow and inconsistent. And he turns it over a lot. I'm going to trust tbird and hope that one of his favorite older college players drop.

Comment

I hope we trade the pick for a veteran that we can use.
                                @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

Working...
                                X