Page 60 of 181 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

  1. #1476
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I didn't realize you had to be a point guard to cut back shot attempts.
    no, but you do need to be one to hijack the offense.

    Smith has an issue with shot selection, but one thing he's never been is a selfish scorer. That's simply not true.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #1477
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no, but you do need to be one to hijack the offense.
    No, no you dont. Josh does a fine job doing it, without being one.

  3. #1478

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no, but you do need to be one to hijack the offense.

    Smith has an issue with shot selection, but one thing he's never been is a selfish scorer. That's simply not true.
    this is simply not true

  4. #1479
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the idea. Smith, Monroe and drummond up front. They're selling him that he won't be left on an island like he was in Atlanta. he won't have to guard fours in the paint anymore.
    A frontcourt of Smith/Monroe/Drummond is frickin scary.

    As you said...rebound and block city.....all day long.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #1480
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    You have to be a point guard to hijack an offense? waa?

  6. #1481
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,273
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    CJ Watson close to deal, per Alex Kennedy


    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  8. #1482
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mercurial probably describes his personality fairly well.

    Serious question again Kstat: Do you think Josh Smith is a lock down wing defender? I was always under the impression that his defense was always a tad overrated because of his shot blocking totals.
    I look at Josh Smith's perimeter defense like how we look at Granger's defense.....it's above average....but only when he wants to try on defense. I think that he did a really good job on defending PG in the Playoffs. I seem to recall that once the Hawks decided to put Josh Smith on PG on a regular basis ( as opposed to putting Korver on PG ), PG had to actually work for his points.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  10. #1483
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,085

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    I just scrolled through five new pages on this thread, excited to learn about the new developments.

    But it was just another pissing contest with Kstat.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  12. #1484
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,452

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just scrolled through five new pages on this thread, excited to learn about the new developments.

    But it was just another pissing contest with Kstat.
    I actually think there was some decent discussion in there.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  14. #1485
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,112
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    If Detroit can right the wrong of Rasheed, then who is to say they can't do that with Josh Smith?

  15. #1486
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Detroit can right the wrong of Rasheed, then who is to say they can't do that with Josh Smith?
    Their entire team more recently mutinied on their ex HC.

  16. #1487

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    The Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks free agent Chris Copeland have a strong mutual interest, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.



    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 1m
    C.J. Watson can make his agreement with the Indiana Pacers official on July 10. RT @quietstorm_32 Keep up with the pace!!!! 👀👌✔


    By me ^^

  17. #1488

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    C.J. Watson will be officially an Indiana Pacer on the 10th!

  18. #1489

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks free agent Chris Copeland have a strong mutual interest, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.



    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 1m
    C.J. Watson can make his agreement with the Indiana Pacers official on July 10. RT @quietstorm_32 Keep up with the pace!!!! 👀👌✔
    link to the Copeland part?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  20. #1490

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    link to the Copeland part?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...234954522.html

  21. #1491

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    would he play the 4 or the 3 here?

  22. #1492

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    would he play the 4 or the 3 here?
    hopefully he plays the 4, we all know we have no room at the 3.... Copeland will stretch the floor if he played the 4.

  23. #1493
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    I think the FO realizes we need better shooting at all positions on this team.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  25. #1494
    Member Jrod Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    I wonder how the financials are going to break down... I am not surprised to see Tyler get the QO (honestly was the only realistic move as long as West hasn't signed yet) but I also think there is a very good chance we keep him. Pendy not getting the QO is interesting though.

    Assuming Watson is making somewhere around 2 mill a year it will be interesting to see where the rest of our cash goes. I am hopeful that a Carl Landry type could be signed for the MLE (5.15mill I think?)

  26. #1495

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder how the financials are going to break down... I am not surprised to see Tyler get the QO (honestly was the only realistic move as long as West hasn't signed yet) but I also think there is a very good chance we keep him. Pendy not getting the QO is interesting though.

    Assuming Watson is making somewhere around 2 mill a year it will be interesting to see where the rest of our cash goes. I am hopeful that a Carl Landry type could be signed for the MLE (5.15mill I think?)



    Probably to Cope and Tony Allen. Or Cope and Paul Milsap? I think not pursuing Milsap is a mistake. We should at least send feelers out.

  27. #1496
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,452

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably to Cope and Tony Allen. Or Cope and Paul Milsap? I think not pursuing Milsap is a mistake. We should at least send feelers out.
    We can't afford him and we know it. Pointless to waste his agent's time and our time.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  29. #1497
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    For the right price, I'd love to have Chris Copeland. As a SF and a PF, he'd be solid off the bench.

  30. #1498
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    529

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Paul, will play for Indy for 3 million? Do what to my self? Oh okay, you could have said no thanks!!

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  32. #1499

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Watson
    Stephenson
    Hill
    Copeland
    Mahinmi

    that is a pretty good bench IMO, shooters like Watson and Copeland, and Stephenson as a slasher, we need to improve Copeland on D if we are going to sign him though, playing with George and Hibbert will help, but Vogel needs to teach him that end of the floor

  33. #1500
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Unless Milsap is hardcore all in for a ring he is out of our range, dude.

    Hell, Miami could offer him starters minutes, at least.

Similar Threads

  1. Off season Rumors and Speculation
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4445
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  2. 2012-2013 Season
    By Jose Slaughter in forum ABA League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 07:11 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. Donnie Walsh to Talk About the Tmac Rumors on the News Tonight.
    By TheSauceMaster in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •