Page 58 of 181 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

  1. #1426
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has little trade/market value. You wouldn't have same options available as there is with Tyler.

    There is still a good chance we can bring him back for a cheaper price.
    Pendy is gone bro
    David "And One" West

  2. #1427
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really care if he takes a few bad shots a game. He wouldn't be our #1 offensive option. He might not even be our #2.
    Don't tell him that. He wasn't the #1 option in Atlanta, either. Or #2 most of the time.

  3. #1428
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George's TS% last season was 53.1. You're more than welcome to trade him to us.
    Which is subpar, but still a good chunk better than Josh Smith.....and then there is every other facet of the game. On the court and off it, where George excels above Smith.


    Sorry. I think you simply have a fundamental lack of basketball understanding.

  4. #1429
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird's press conference. Well, Solo's press conference. Bird was asked about QO for jeff and tyler. He said Hansbrough got one. That implies Jeff didn't.
    that's what I get for not being able to get the press conference to play

  5. #1430
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    LOL to those ripping Josh Smith. He destroyed us in the playoffs.
    David "And One" West

  6. #1431
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry. I think you simply have a fundamental lack of basketball understanding.
    Seriously man, stop with this condescending crap.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  8. #1432
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really care if he takes a few bad shots a game. He wouldn't be our #1 offensive option. He might not even be our #2.

    I'll gladly trade that for what he brings on the other end of the floor.
    Good luck getting him to agree to that.

  9. #1433
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry. I think you simply have a fundamental lack of basketball understanding.
    I don't particularly appreciate Kstat's delivery, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he lacks basketball understanding. To me, this is a fan of a team that has been more or less crappy and irrelevant for a few years trying to talk himself into the idea of Josh Smith.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  11. #1434

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has little trade/market value. You wouldn't have same options available as there is with Tyler.

    There is still a good chance we can bring him back for a cheaper price.
    JMO, but there is a good chance that Jeff is not coming back. Plumlee will be doing the 5th big duty.

  12. #1435
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,953

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good luck getting him to agree to that.
    then he doesn't need to be here, and I'm sure they've already explained that to him. Monroe and Drummond are the cornerstones. They will make him look better, and he'll be put in a position to succeed next to two very good bigs, which is something he's never really had.

    Again, they didn't even talk contract this morning. They just sold him on the philosophy going forward. If he wants to come here, great. If not, oh well.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  14. #1436
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee will be doing the 5th big duty.
    Already moving up the depth chart. Take that haters.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  16. #1437
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't particularly appreciate Kstat's delivery, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he lacks basketball understanding. To me, this is a fan of a team that has been more or less crappy and and irrelevant for a few years trying to talk himself into the idea of Josh Smith.
    Anyone here can sympathize with that frustration. Josh Smith is just a bad basketball fit in detroit. Because of his personality and the larger profile he's gotten from the media, he's probably a bad fit about anywhere because of the expectations he'll have when it comes to money, playing time, and offensive freedom.

    It's the same argument (on some level) used against me when it comes to Collison except I don't see as much evidence to support it.

  17. #1438
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Yeah I'm siding with Kstat on this one. I hate the Pistons but signing Smith would be ridiculous. KCP can shoot, as can Knight. Having a frountcourt of Smith, Drummond and Monroe would murder teams on the glass. Rebounds=wins.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  19. #1439
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    I will add this: On paper, the idea of a Drummond/Monroe/Smith frontline is incredibly enticing. Loads of defensive and rebounding potential there. I'm just not as sold on the execution of it. I want to see Drummond put in the work it takes to reach his potential, and I just don't trust Josh Smith to change his ways at this point in his career. Also, I don't trust Maurice Cheeks with the development of these guys. Fair or unfair, I see him as a weak link.

  20. #1440
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,953

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Fair enough.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #1441
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    then he doesn't need to be here, and I'm sure they've already explained that to him. Monroe and Drummond are the cornerstones. They will make him look better, and he'll be put in positions to succeed.
    And is there any reason, other than pure hope, to think that JSmith is suddenly going to change his entire personality for the freaking Pistons?

  22. #1442
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pendy is gone bro
    Is there a chance he is gone yes, very much so... is there no chance he comes back like you imply, absolutely not.

    If we gave Pendy the QO he would have signed it right away, b/c he wasn't getting 1.8 mil anywhere else. Why do that when his market value is lower and could get him for cheaper. Yes, we will only bring him back for the vet min... but in this new CBA what teams are going to give a 3rd string PF/C more than that? If he does get more than that, good for him.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  23. #1443
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL to those ripping Josh Smith. He destroyed us in the playoffs.
    Wait, what? Where was I when this destroying was taking place?

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  25. #1444
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Sure, on paper, Smith/Monroe/Drummond has shades of George/West/Hibbert...it all comes down to attitudes. Also Paul George is a little more dynamic.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. #1445
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    I would call Pendergraph more likely to return than Tyler. Pendy won't be pursued like Tyler. We'll just work out something for less a bit later on.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:


  28. #1446
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,953

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And is there any reason, other than pure hope, to think that JSmith is suddenly going to change his entire personality for the freaking Pistons?
    what's his personality, again?

    I don't care that he takes a bad shot now and then. I already went through that with Rasheed and the positives far outweighed the negatives.

    Josh Smith never takes games off on defense, which is what matters to me. We're not relying on him to make outside shots. We drafted KCP for that.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  29. #1447
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Smith was pretty good in game 1-4 against us, he was decidedly terrible in games 5 and 6

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  30. #1448
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    then he doesn't need to be here, and I'm sure they've already explained that to him. Monroe and Drummond are the cornerstones. They will make him look better, and he'll be put in a position to succeed next to two very good bigs, which is something he's never really had.

    Again, they didn't even talk contract this morning. They just sold him on the philosophy going forward. If he wants to come here, great. If not, oh well.
    Rofl....yup...the pistons and the heat bringing people in and explaining to them the philosophy and how their cornerstones are already in place and will make u the player look good....

    Too funny. Bout the time Jsmoove was being told the philosophy and who the cornerstones are he likely responded with "and hows that been working out for ya?" ..."i been in the playoffs every year, how you been doin?" rofl...of course this is the same delusional mentality that was telling everyone that ben gordon and cv signings were the bomb and coach whats his face from cleveland was gonna lead the pistons to the playoffs and be a coach of the year candidate...yea yea...its so sweet seeing pistons fans wallowing around in the mud and hallucinating from all the losing...

  31. #1449
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    27
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL to those ripping Josh Smith. He destroyed us in the playoffs.
    I'm sorry, but which playoffs were you watching?

    He averaged 17pts, 7.5 rebs, 1.8 stls, .5 blks on 43%FG and 53% FT.

    Minus the percentages, that's good but its hardly "destroying" anything.
    Last edited by Mac_Daddy; 07-01-2013 at 12:53 PM.


  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac_Daddy For This Useful Post:


  33. #1450
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, on paper, Smith/Monroe/Drummond has shades of George/West/Hibbert...it all comes down to attitudes. Also Paul George is a little more dynamic.
    Also of note that West & Hibbert compliment each other pretty perfectly. Even in the Monroe/Drummond tandem I see issues. Really it's two centers playing together which can work, but when you compound it by putting a PF at the 3, you're really asking for trouble.

Similar Threads

  1. Off season Rumors and Speculation
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4445
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  2. 2012-2013 Season
    By Jose Slaughter in forum ABA League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 07:11 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. Donnie Walsh to Talk About the Tmac Rumors on the News Tonight.
    By TheSauceMaster in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •