Page 56 of 181 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

  1. #1376
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I really don't care about his offense. We have two of the best offensive rebounders in the entire league without him.

    What I care is what he brings defensively, both on his man and protecting the rim. That's what we need going forward.

    I dealt with Rasheed's awful shot selection for years. I don't regret a day of it.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-01-2013 at 11:37 AM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #1377
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,286

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    So I assume the plan'd be Smith to be a full time 3 in Detroit?

  3. #1378
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I assume the plan'd be Smith to be a full time 3 in Detroit?
    That's the idea. Smith, Monroe and drummond up front. They're selling him that he won't be left on an island like he was in Atlanta. he won't have to guard fours in the paint anymore.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  4. #1379
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Which is a really bad idea.

  5. #1380
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is a really bad idea.
    Analytics disagree with you, as would Paul George. Smith is a very good perimeter defender.

    I'm not going to pretend that he's an efficient offensive force. I just don't care.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. #1381
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Ah, Josh Smith to the Pistons. Just the sort of veteran leadership that team needs. Lol. Shame hes likely only using them as leverage to get to some place he actually wants to go cause it would be really fun to see Josh create rifts on that relatively young Detroit roster.

  7. #1382
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    No they wouldn't.


    Josh Smith at the 3 would become pretty much a full time chucker because their floor spacing would be atrocious. You 'not caring' about the damage he would do doesn't make it less important, it just makes you a fool.

  8. #1383
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,490

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Bill Ingram ‏@TheRocketGuy 13h

    Mavs didn't give Darren Collison the QA today. He wants to win NOW, doesn't care about starting . . .just wants to contend.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  10. #1384
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they wouldn't.


    Josh Smith at the 3 would become pretty much a full time chucker because their floor spacing would be atrocious. You 'not caring' about the damage he would do doesn't make it less important, it just makes you a fool.
    Ooh, we're name calling now? Someone's getting upset....

    We have guards that can shoot the ball. I value defense and rebounding over pure shooting at the 3.

    Again, I'd welcome any other team to see if they can box out both Monroe and drummond anyway....
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-01-2013 at 11:47 AM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #1385
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    No, you're just foolish to not care about a big money players (rather large) flaws. I don't care if the Pistons go down the toilet, dude.

  12. #1386
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Clearly you care, as you seem pretty interested in something that amounted to a long conversation...

    I'd reference Roy hibbert again, but I think we've established that he was flawless last season....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #1387
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    A big lineup of Smith, Monroe and Drummond has the POTENTIAL to be DEVASTATING.

    (in a good way)
    DG for 3

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  15. #1388
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A big lineup of Smith, Monroe and Drummond has the POTENTIAL to be DEVASTATING.

    (in a good way)
    Completely agree, IF they all get on the same page. Drummond needs someone to mentor him IMO, and Josh Smith isn't the guy I would choose. If Smith can bring a different mentality than he had in Atlanta, then a Smith, Monroe, Drummond trio could do major damage to opposing teams.
    Grown Man Ball

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  17. #1389
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    uhm, I like discussing basketball? This is a bad hypothetical move for the Pistons and I'd say so with or without a Piston's fans presence.

  18. #1390
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    It's a bad hypothetical move because....he's not a good shooter. That's your argument.

    Nevermind that he's an elite defender and rebounder, as well as a decent passer....but he isn't a good shooter.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-01-2013 at 12:01 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #1391
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,286

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Have we discussed Chris Paul getting a 107 million dollar contract? He's great, clearly, but man that's a lot.

  20. #1392
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Also I'm sorry but...
    We have guards that can shoot the ball. I value defense and rebounding over pure shooting at the 3.
    This cannot be serious.

  21. #1393
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also I'm sorry but...


    This cannot be serious.
    You must really hate your own roster. A large contract given to a player with obvious flaws, and a streak-shooting SF that excels in defense and rebounding? When do the picket signs go up?
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-01-2013 at 12:06 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. #1394
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have we discussed Chris Paul getting a 107 million dollar contract? He's great, clearly, but man that's a lot.
    Yeah, but then you remember Griffin got almost as much and Kobe is getting like 60 mil between last year and this year. Almost seems like a bargain.



    The Clips sure are pretty willing to just sweep his past leg/knee problems under the rug though....

  23. #1395
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,214
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't care about his offense. We have two of the best offensive rebounders in the entire league without him.

    What I care is what he brings defensively, both on his man and protecting the rim. That's what we need going forward.

    I dealt with Rasheed's awful shot selection for years. I don't regret a day of it.
    While Josh Smith is not a shooter at all, his career fg% and fg% last year was .465. Not bad by a long shot. This tells me the stories about his stupidity and terrible shot selection have been greatly exaggerated.

  24. #1396
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,138

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must really hate your own roster. A large contract given to a player with obvious flaws, and a streak-shooting SF that excels in defense and rebounding? When do the picket signs go up?
    The difference: We are winning.

  25. #1397
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference: We are winning.
    I wasn't aware that we signed smith, the season was underway, and were losing games....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  26. #1398
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,138

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't aware that we signed smith, the season was underway, and were losing games....
    Why would he freak out over our team if we are winning?

  27. #1399
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would he freak out over our team if we are winning?
    Because it seems to mirror the things he was complaining about....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  28. #1400
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,138

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because it seems to mirror the things he was complaining about....
    But...we are winning. If we were losing/had been losing, I'm sure a great many of us would be freaking out about these things.

Similar Threads

  1. Off season Rumors and Speculation
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4445
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  2. 2012-2013 Season
    By Jose Slaughter in forum ABA League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 08:11 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. Donnie Walsh to Talk About the Tmac Rumors on the News Tonight.
    By TheSauceMaster in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •