Page 26 of 181 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

  1. #626
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only way we get an upgrade/quality backup PG is through the draft IMO
    aka Larkin
    Smothered Chicken!

  2. #627
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Handoverfist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it could be a smokescreen, didn't they bring Evan Fournier in for 2 workouts before they drafted Plumlee?
    Fournier was drafted before we picked...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  4. #628
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched quite a few games of Plumlee with the Mad Ants this past season and I can say that athletically he is NBA ready. But fundamentally he seems behind where you would think a 4 year player would have been. He makes Tyler Hansbrough look like Kevin Durrant on the offensive end though, so that I think more than anything held him out of last year. He can rebound, actually he looks really good at that. He can defend the rim however his lateral footwork is awkward. I think he can develop some better lateral moves but it will take time.

    Honestly I thin this season he takes over Pendy's spot on the bench. Tyler will probably be gone, Pendy might take his backup spot or he might be gone to who knows, but then I think it will be Plumlee. Miles wasn't drafted for last season, I have a feeling Bird picked him for this very reason. He wasn't needed and would be able to cheaply step in this season and next and fill that 10-12th man role.
    Agreed 100%
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  5. #629
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Have we worked out Larkin?
    Smothered Chicken!

  6. #630
    Member Handoverfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    172

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fournier was drafted before we picked...
    That might be but I believe the Pacers brought him in 2 separate times before the draft.I have little doubt that Plumlee was Birds pick the whole time.

  7. #631
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have we worked out Larkin?
    I haven't seen anything (could be tomorrow with Canaan, will have to wait for Agnes to release the full list).

    Also there's a good chance he is taken before us by UTH, MIL, BKN just to name a few.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  8. #632

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Handoverfist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That might be but I believe the Pacers brought him in 2 separate times before the draft.
    I dont see your point?

  9. #633
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Handoverfist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That might be but I believe the Pacers brought him in 2 separate times before the draft.
    We did... but he was picked before us, so we have no idea how genuine the Pacers interest was in him.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  10. #634

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Miles wasn't drafted for last season, I have a feeling Bird picked him for this very reason. He wasn't needed and would be able to cheaply step in this season and next and fill that 10-12th man role.

    At the time Bird picked Plumlee, the Pacers had no b/u 5 other than playing DWest at the 5. They had Tyler and Jeff at PF. The Pacers needed a 5 hence Plumlee, and with Bird leaving he had no control one way or the other over the FO getting a b/u 5 for Hibbert. I always got the impression Bird expected Plumlee to play b/u 5, but Walsh didn't see it that way thus Mahinmi. JMOAA

  11. #635
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget. Houston wants to shed Thomas Robinson's salary.

    Pacers should really go after that deal.
    This should be the Pacers #1 priority on draft night, IMO. Thomas Robinson immediately replaces and becomes an improvement over Hansbrough (I don't care what the stats show, Robinson is clearly a superior player), the Pacers would have him on his rookie contract for 3 more years allowing them to groom him to be West's eventual replacement, and they get a guy who is far better than anyone they're likely to draft with the 23rd pick.

    Marc Stein reported that Houston has received an offer of a 1st round pick for Robinson but couldn't report which team made the offer. IF all it takes is the 23rd pick in this draft to get Robinson, the Pacers would be foolish to not pull that trigger. Heck, I'd give up the 23rd and a future 2nd in a heartbeat, draft a defensive minded backup point guard in the 2nd round if one is available, let Tyler walk, re-sign West, extend Paul, try like hell to trade Green, sign CJ Miles, and call it a summer.
    Grown Man Ball

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  13. #636
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't seen anything (could be tomorrow with Canaan, will have to wait for Agnes to release the full list).

    Also there's a good chance he is taken before us by UTH, MIL, BKN just to name a few.
    I mean I see him going to Utah earlier, but you never know anymore so I hope we work him out
    Smothered Chicken!

  14. #637
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This should be the Pacers #1 priority on draft night, IMO. Thomas Robinson immediately replaces and becomes an improvement over Hansbrough (I don't care what the stats show, Robinson is clearly a superior player), the Pacers would have him on his rookie contract for 3 more years allowing them to groom him to be West's eventual replacement, and they get a guy who is far better than anyone they're likely to draft with the 23rd pick.

    Marc Stein reported that Houston has received an offer of a 1st round pick for Robinson but couldn't report which team made the offer. IF all it takes is the 23rd pick in this draft to get Robinson, the Pacers would be foolish to not pull that trigger. Heck, I'd give up the 23rd and a future 2nd in a heartbeat, draft a defensive minded backup point guard in the 2nd round if one is available, let Tyler walk, re-sign West, extend Paul, try like hell to trade Green, sign CJ Miles, and call it a summer.
    I feel like a broken record... let's try this.

    Yes, Houston wants a 1st round pick for him (so they can draft a Euro and stash them)... but they also want ZERO salary in return in the trade. That can only happen with a team that is under the cap, which we are not.

    In short we can not acquire Robinson with their current demands/wants.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  16. #638
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,590

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like a broken record... let's try this.

    Yes, Houston wants a 1st round pick for him (so they can draft a Euro and stash them)... but they also want ZERO salary in return in the trade. That can only happen with a team that is under the cap, which we are not.

    In short we can not acquire Robinson with their current demands/wants.

    Well put -- only way we could get Robinson is after the draft, during free agency where we could sign and trade Hansbrough to a third team.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  18. #639
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like a broken record... let's try this.

    Yes, Houston wants a 1st round pick for him (so they can draft a Euro and stash them)... but they also want ZERO salary in return in the trade. That can only happen with a team that is under the cap, which we are not.

    In short we can not acquire Robinson with their current demands/wants.
    So the Pacers get a 3rd team involved to take back some salary. Mahinmi's contract is probably easily moveable.
    Grown Man Ball

  19. #640
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the Pacers get a 3rd team involved to take back some salary. Mahinmi's contract is probably easily moveable.
    If you are a team under the cap who would you want more? Mahinmi or Robinson?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  20. #641
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,767

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are a team under the cap who would you want more? Mahinmi or Robinson?
    At this point, Robinson excites me a lot more than Mahinmi.
    AND NO THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE SAID!!!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  22. #642

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    this looks like it is finally going to end!

    @WojYahooNBA 1m
    Clippers called Celtics today, offered a future 1st round pick for rights to coach Doc Rivers and sides near agreement, source tells Y!

  23. #643
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Clippers called Celtics today, offered a future 1st round pick for rights to coach Doc Rivers and sides near agreement, source tells Y!
    3:54 PM - 23 Jun 13
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  24. #644

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    ‏@ScottAgness 1m
    Pacers pre-draft workout group for Monday: Solomon Hill, Brock Motum, Peyton Siva, Andrew Smith, Tony Snell, and Nate Wolters.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  26. #645

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ‏@ScottAgness 1m
    Pacers pre-draft workout group for Monday: Solomon Hill, Brock Motum, Peyton Siva, Andrew Smith, Tony Snell, and Nate Wolters.

    I believe that's the 2nd time Solomon Hill has worked out for the Pacers. Possible #53 pick?

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  28. #646
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe that's the 2nd time Solomon Hill has worked out for the Pacers. Possible #53 pick?
    He would be a very solid choice #53
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  29. #647
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    554
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    2nd time for Andrew Smith also. I'd be shocked if they draft him, i'd be shocked if anyone drafted him, but maybe an UFA? I could see him get Plumlee's spot maybe.


    @Pacers24Colts12

  30. #648

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersCenter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd time for Andrew Smith also. I'd be shocked if they draft him, i'd be shocked if anyone drafted him, but maybe an UFA? I could see him get Plumlee's spot maybe.
    I go to Butler right now, love the guy, but nowhere near NBA talent IMO and if we take him.....

  31. #649
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    390

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersCenter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd time for Andrew Smith also. I'd be shocked if they draft him, i'd be shocked if anyone drafted him, but maybe an UFA? I could see him get Plumlee's spot maybe.
    Really? Andrew Smith is not an NBA player and I'm a huge Butler fan. Plumlee is a much better NBA prospect than Smith.

  32. #650
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersCenter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd time for Andrew Smith also. I'd be shocked if they draft him, i'd be shocked if anyone drafted him, but maybe an UFA? I could see him get Plumlee's spot maybe.
    I'm guessing just SL/ a training camp body.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Similar Threads

  1. Off season Rumors and Speculation
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4445
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  2. 2012-2013 Season
    By Jose Slaughter in forum ABA League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 08:11 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. Donnie Walsh to Talk About the Tmac Rumors on the News Tonight.
    By TheSauceMaster in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •