Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181
Results 4,501 to 4,504 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ??????

Are you talking about Drexler and Horry or Smits & Miller?
    Smits and Miller. I read somewhere along time ago that while both respected each others game, they were not friends on any level.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Smits and Miller. I read somewhere along time ago that while both respected each others game, they were not friends on any level.
    Wow, I have never heard this. It really wouldn't surprise me at all though as Reggie has always been a party person and Rik although not native to our country is really into the great outdoor lifestyle. But I wonder if it really ever caused any riff in the locker room? At the very least I am sure they were 100% professional with each other.

On a side note, two of the oddest things I've ever seen in my life was one back in 1994 looking out of my cabin on Raccoon Lake and seeing the 7'4" Rik Smits water skiing past me on the lake. Mind you this was the morning of a home game in the E.C. finals around 10 or so. The other was the first time I ever saw him riding his motorcycle during the Iron Man event. Again 7'4" sitting on a bike, even a big bike, was just odd to see.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear this? If you can't answer that's cool.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    From what I've read, the Bulls are calling it "soreness" and are holding him out only as a precaution. I wouldn't say for sure that he's going to be fine but I haven't heard anything about him having lingering issues with the knee, save for missing all of last season.
    I can buy that. It's amazing that he missed more time then Danny last year though but if this were Granger he'd be written off for the season by many over the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Wow, I have never heard this. It really wouldn't surprise me at all though as Reggie has always been a party person and Rik although not native to our country is really into the great outdoor lifestyle. But I wonder if it really ever caused any riff in the locker room? At the very least I am sure they were 100% professional with each other.

On a side note, two of the oddest things I've ever seen in my life was one back in 1994 looking out of my cabin on Raccoon Lake and seeing the 7'4" Rik Smits water skiing past me on the lake. Mind you this was the morning of a home game in the E.C. finals around 10 or so. The other was the first time I ever saw him riding his motorcycle during the Iron Man event. Again 7'4" sitting on a bike, even a big bike, was just odd to see.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear this? If you can't answer that's cool.
    Wish I could some how source it, but it was just one of those things I picked up in some random interview or article years ago, but it the idea stuck with me. I seem to recall Reggie's brash personality and his mouth rubbed Smits the wrong way, but never any locker room troubles. But remember Smits did not show up to Reggies Hall of Fame induction.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.