Page 175 of 181 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They look cute together. They actually went on a laser tag date.

Obviously I've never seen icarly, but Ms. McCurdy seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Good for Andre.
    Yeah, "cute" is really the best way to describe the whole thing. Good for both of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Why would you have a problem with it? She's 21, he's 20. He had a crush on her from back in the day. I can't figure out what there would be to have a problem with, honestly.
    ha i thought she was like 18
    "We want Miami"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    ha i thought she was like 18
    ....even if she was 18, Andre just turned 20 last month....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ....even if she was 18, Andre just turned 20 last month....
    ohh well they're together and I guess they make a nice couple. funny how social media can set up love these days
    "We want Miami"

No offense, but I heard Ben Wallace still got Miranda Cosgrove pregnant.

Congrats to Mr. Copeland.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Congrats, Cope

Regarding Eurobasket now. Welp, we didn't play well in this tournament. For whatever reason, our players opted to only defend against Spain and in the last quarter against Slovenia. It's the first time that our team is so poor defensively. The only way for Greece to advance now is for Marlin's Italy to do us a favor and beat Italy. So, good luck, Marlin
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Not sure where to put this but game 1 Knicks pacers on at 10 on nba tv if anyone wants to see it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to granger4mvp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Congrats, Cope

Regarding Eurobasket now. Welp, we didn't play well in this tournament. For whatever reason, our players opted to only defend against Spain and in the last quarter against Slovenia. It's the first time that our team is so poor defensively. The only way for Greece to advance now is for Marlin's Italy to do us a favor and beat Italy. So, good luck, Marlin
    Looks like we did our part, but tough loss in triple overtime for you guys. I was honestly pulling for you over Spain, and that has nothing to do with Spain being considered a heavy favorite. Always liked Greece better, for many reason this is not the place to talk about.

Anyway, maybe Spain would have played harder, had their placement been still questioned, I don't know. All I know is we're living and dying on one on ones and long jumpers, which means we can beat and be beaten by basically anyone on any given night. Still they're showing a heart I didn't think they could play with.

Now tough match with Lithuania, they're obviously a superior team but we're not starting beaten, already. Hopefully we can secure a spot for the world championship, it's been a while since we participated for the last time; in case of a loss, we're looking at finishing better than Ukraine in the consolation games, which should be achievable.

Btw Nuntius, what do you think about Trinchieri? A disappointment?

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

David Harrison, who obviously played his college ball at Colorado, set up a charity to help with the flooding there

http://coloradohopefund.org/

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Looks like we did our part, but tough loss in triple overtime for you guys. I was honestly pulling for you over Spain, and that has nothing to do with Spain being considered a heavy favorite. Always liked Greece better, for many reason this is not the place to talk about.

Anyway, maybe Spain would have played harder, had their placement been still questioned, I don't know. All I know is we're living and dying on one on ones and long jumpers, which means we can beat and be beaten by basically anyone on any given night. Still they're showing a heart I didn't think they could play with.

Now tough match with Lithuania, they're obviously a superior team but we're not starting beaten, already. Hopefully we can secure a spot for the world championship, it's been a while since we participated for the last time; in case of a loss, we're looking at finishing better than Ukraine in the consolation games, which should be achievable.
    You did your part indeed but we didn't. In any case, thanks. Best of luck to your team for the rest of the way

To me, you rely a lot on home court advantage. You're clearly a team that depends on its psychology to win. When you have the crowd by your side then you will win. When the crowd is not on your side you will lose. That's how I interpret your two losses to the only two teams that have a bigger home court advantage than you (Slovenia and Croatia).

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Btw Nuntius, what do you think about Trinchieri? A disappointment?
    Sure but I'm not going to blame our whole failure to him. The players should play with more passion regardless the coach.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

yet to see any "Former Pacer..." articles in the Star about Harrison's charity.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

You did your part indeed but we didn't. In any case, thanks. Best of luck to your team for the rest of the way

To me, you rely a lot on home court advantage. You're clearly a team that depends on its psychology to win. When you have the crowd by your side then you will win. When the crowd is not on your side you will lose. That's how I interpret your two losses to the only two teams that have a bigger home court advantage than you (Slovenia and Croatia).
    You have a point: we're either going all out, full energy, or with all the personnel losses (injuries, mainly big men) we can't stay on the floor with teams like the ones we've met. And home court obviously helps bringing that energy out and play at that high level all game long.

Quite honestly, I expect a loss tomorrow. I don't see how we can contain Lithuania's frontline, I mean, they'll throw at us Valanciunas, Javtokas, both the Lavrinovic brothers....which will be basically countered only by Cusin (and Melli if, well, when he gets into foul trouble). He's done a magnificient job as of now, but there's a time when it becomes too much to handle.
    Hopefully our wings, which are the true strong unit of the team, will balance it out. I doubt it, but I've seen stranger things happen. One can only hope.

You have a point: we're either going all out, full energy, or with all the personnel losses (injuries, mainly big men) we can't stay on the floor with teams like the ones we've met. And home court obviously helps bringing that energy out and play at that high level all game long.

Quite honestly, I expect a loss tomorrow. I don't see how we can contain Lithuania's frontline, I mean, they'll throw at us Valanciunas, Javtokas, both the Lavrinovic brothers....which will be basically countered only by Cusin (and Melli if, well, when he gets into foul trouble). He's done a magnificient job as of now, but there's a time when it becomes too much to handle.
    Hopefully our wings, which are the true strong unit of the team, will balance it out. I doubt it, but I've seen stranger things happen. One can only hope.

Eric Musselman said he and Gerald Green, who played with New Jersey before landing in Indiana last season, still keep in touch. "I look at him as a guy that in 20 years I'll still be talking to him," Musselman said. "When he was with the Nets and they played the Lakers (in L.A.) he came back to our practice and sat for a two-and-a-half hour practice, and it was on a game day. You don't see many NBA players leave their hotel on their own, figure out a way to get there, stay and then hang out with (his former) teammates in the locker room afterwards. That's the type of person he is." Musselman added Green is also a good locker room guy, someone who will keep the mood light with jokes and impersonations. "He does me very well," Musselman laughed. "I think the Suns have done a great job of getting a guy kind of under the radar that you can have in your rotation. He gives you energy and an identity because he can get up and down the floor, which is what coach (Jeff) Hornacek wants to do. And he's a better defender than people think as well. Sometimes he needs to be a better off-ball defender, but that will come in time. "I think the Suns organization is really going to like him."
    Lol. Should be a guy that can help us tank better.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

IBJ The Score ‏@IBJTheScore 1m

ESPN The Mag ranks #Pacers No. 3 best pro sports team in U.S. Memphis Girzzlies No. 1, S.A. Spurs No. 2. Based on fan surveys & financials.

Up from 4th last year.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure but I'm not going to blame our whole failure to him. The players should play with more passion regardless the coach.
    I know I'm late to this, but how in the world did they pull off the Spain upset? I watched the entire game, turning it off with about 4mins to go with Italy down 12. (I have a history of turning things off, or leaving events, and miss major turn arounds so it really doesn't surprise me) Bellinelli and the rest of the team went really cold and I figured Spain would just walk away with it. Gentile looks like he has some ability, but he seemed disinterested for the most part, atleast to me. Surprised to find out he ended up with 25.

A few other Eurobasket thoughts:
    1) It's easy to see the upside with Claver. Guy shows some flashes and then disappears for long stretches though.

2) I really like watching Serbia play. I'm starting to go back and watch their previous games. Nedovic's athleticism really suprised me. His dunk against France was quite impressive, I didn't expect it at all. Kristic still can put the ball in the hoop though.

3) Lithuania needs to play Valanciunas more. I don't know if they're keeping his numbers down for him to be fresh later on or if they don't want to get him hurt for the NBA season, but it's surprising he doesn't start. IMHO he's far and away their best big.

I've been trying to get 2 games in a night, and I'm pretty selective at what matchups I watch, but it's been eye opening for Euro basketball. I've traditionally just watched the major tournaments, and usually just when the US is playing. It's odd starting to root for certain teams.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    IBJ The Score ‏@IBJTheScore 1m

ESPN The Mag ranks #Pacers No. 3 best pro sports team in U.S. Memphis Girzzlies No. 1, S.A. Spurs No. 2. Based on fan surveys & financials.

Up from 4th last year.
    Somehow, I've got my doubts about that report.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Somehow, I've got my doubts about that report.
    Doubt no more!
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1475988

Memphis Grizzlies Named Best Sports Franchise of 2013 by ESPN The Magazine
    Annual Comprehensive Pro Team Rankings featured in "The Franchise Issue," on Newsstands Friday
    San Antonio Spurs, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder and Green Bay Packers round-out the Top Five

PR Newswire

BRISTOL, Conn., Sept. 18, 2013

BRISTOL, Conn., Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For sports fans, "value" may be more valuable than ever.

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130918/NY82447 )

So much so, in fact, that the NBA's Memphis Grizzlies – widely known for their grit and grind style of play – have been crowned the Best Sports Franchise in North America, as determined by ESPN The Magazine's 11th annual Ultimate Standings survey, the results of which are featured in The Mag's "Franchise Issue" on newsstands Friday. Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton, who is profiled in the issue, is featured on the cover.

Every year, ESPN The Magazine compiles the results of fan surveys and conducts financial analysis to determine which teams in the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL offer the greatest rewards for all the emotion, money and time that fans invest in them. The rankings factor in feedback in 25 categories from more than 60,000 fans nationwide, as well as teams' efficiency in generating on-field performance from fan dollars.

The Grizzlies, who finished among the top 10 in 13 of the 25 categories, including "likeable players," and "bang for the buck," topped this year's 122-team Ultimate Standings – one of four NBA teams to rank in the top five overall.

Last year's Ultimate Standings leader, the Oklahoma City Thunder, finished fourth this year, slipping slightly down the ranks behind the San Antonio Spurs at No. 2 and the Indiana Pacers at No. 3 and just ahead of the NFL's Green Bay Packers at No. 5.

Rounding out the top 10 are MLB's Arizona Diamondbacks (6th), the NHL's Pittsburgh Penguins (7th), Anaheim Ducks (8th) and Ottawa Senators (9th) and the NFL's Baltimore Ravens (10th).

In all, 122 teams from the NFL, NBA, NHL and Major League Baseball were ranked in order, based on a weighted average of scores in eight areas ranging from the quantitative to the emotionally subjective: fan relations (25.2%), affordability (17.4%), "bang for the buck" (16.8%), stadium experience (12.4%), players (11.30%), ownership (10.2%), title track (3.6%), and coaching (3.1%).

The Grizzlies scored high across the board, ranking second overall in "players (effort and likability)," "affordability" and "bang for your buck," seventh in "stadium experience," and eighth in "fan relations." The overall experience of attending a game in Memphis bumps the Grizzlies to the top of the list.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, the NBA's Sacramento Kings (122nd) and the NFL's New York Jets (121st) were the two lowest-ranked teams in the Ultimate Standings, ranking beneath the MLB's Miami Marlins (120th), NHL's Toronto Maple Leaves (119th) and NBA's Phoenix Suns (118th).

ESPN The Magazine's "Franchise Issue" also features stories on the "forgotten" quarterback (Newton), the undisputed two-sport champ (University of Florida); and the story behind the mysterious 1950's fire that revived a franchise (Green Bay Packers).

Following is the top 10 overall franchises in the Ultimate Standings for 2013:

Memphis Grizzlies (NBA)
    San Antonio Spurs (NBA)
    Indiana Pacers (NBA)
    Oklahoma City Thunder (NBA)
    Green Bay Packers (NFL)
    Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB)
    Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL)
    Anaheim Ducks (NHL)
    Ottawa Senators (NHL)
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL)

For more information on the Ultimate Standings, visit espn.go.com.

SOURCE ESPN The Magazine

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Pendergraph changed his name:

http://www.expressnews.com/news/loca...28a3cf927fc3fb

In July, the Spurs signed a free agent forward named Jeff Pendergraph to a two-year contract.

No player by that name will ever appear in a Spurs uniform.

Last month, Pendergraph walked into a courthouse in downtown Phoenix, his wife Raneem and newborn daughter Naomi in tow.

He walked out with a new name — Jeff Ayres.

Ayres is family name of his biological father, James. It replaces the surname of a stepfather who hasn't been in the picture since the player formerly known Jeff Pendergraph was in high school.

Pendergraph changed his name:

http://www.expressnews.com/news/loca...28a3cf927fc3fb

In July, the Spurs signed a free agent forward named Jeff Pendergraph to a two-year contract.

No player by that name will ever appear in a Spurs uniform.

Last month, Pendergraph walked into a courthouse in downtown Phoenix, his wife Raneem and newborn daughter Naomi in tow.

He walked out with a new name Jeff Ayres.

Ayres is family name of his biological father, James. It replaces the surname of a stepfather who hasn't been in the picture since the player formerly known Jeff Pendergraph was in high school.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good for Jeff. I hope he gets a lot of opportunities to succeed with the Spurs.

he should have changed his name to pendersmash
    "We want Miami"