Page 17 of 181 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a Pacers/Clipper trade to work with Bledsoe and Granger, it would prob have to be Granger, O.Johnson and a #1 for Bledsoe, Butler and Willie Green. A straight Granger for Butler/Bledsoe does not quite work finacially. You can not add a trade exemption to a multi player trade.
    Butler and Bledsoe for Granger works financially

For a Pacers/Clipper trade to work with Bledsoe and Granger, it would prob have to be Granger, O.Johnson and a #1 for Bledsoe, Butler and Willie Green. A straight Granger for Butler/Bledsoe does not quite work finacially. You can not add a trade exemption to a multi player trade.
    Wrong Green.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    You also need to remember Chandler was not 100%, he was dealing with a kneck injury, and anyone who watched that series knew Chandler didn't look right, and Hibbert did not even dominate Chandler in that series, he only averaged 13 ppg on 47% shooting, look, I like Hibbert too, and think he is the 2nd best center in the NBA behind Howard (3rd if Bynum is healthy)but he will never be, and couldn't be a top 10 scorer in the NBA, and Paul George is a better player
    No, Chandler is just hella overrated. He only makes Team USA cause of the NY media. He has no offensive game, to little to guard the best centers. He got all this hype when he won the ship with the Mavs but they played the Heat who have no big man

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    No, Chandler is just hella overrated. He only makes Team USA cause of the NY media. He has no offensive game, to little to guard the best centers. He got all this hype when he won the ship with the Mavs but they played the Heat who have no big man
    I agree, I think he is overrated, he is really only good for dunks on offense, I think he is a pretty good defender, but not as good as the media makes him up to be, but he is a good rebounder, but definitely overrated

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trade works using Real Gm trade checker but didn't on ESPN trade machine. Either way I'm guessing Clippers want the Pacers to add a 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I have probably sifted through 70-80 posts since the season ended with people plugging Korver into our bench. I can't wait until this doesn't happen.
    Booo!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I have probably sifted through 70-80 posts since the season ended with people plugging Korver into our bench. I can't wait until this doesn't happen.
    While Korver could be useful, Matt Barnes is available and isn't a liability on defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Indy View Post
    While Korver could be useful, Matt Barnes is available and isn't a liability on defence.
    Does Barnes shoot the 3? I don't know anything about him other than him being on some vapid reality TV show a few years ago and getting some heat from other players for being a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Does Barnes shoot the 3? I don't know anything about him other than him being on some vapid reality TV show a few years ago and getting some heat from other players for being a distraction.
    Please no Matt Barnes, he does some things good on the court but is a ticking time bomb

Trade works using Real Gm trade checker but didn't on ESPN trade machine. Either way I'm guessing Clippers want the Pacers to add a 1st rounder.
    ESPNs goes off of last years salary, they will have more room this summer

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    He's an average 3 point shooter but is efficient with a good field goal percentages as well as effective FG% (better than Paul George this season). He plays defence and is a little too rough sometimes resulting in altercations with many players.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Team Indy View Post
    He's an average 3 point shooter but is efficient with a good field goal percentages as well as effective FG% (better than Paul George this season). He plays defence and is a little too rough sometimes resulting in altercations with many players.
    So he would fill Tyler's role of being the agitator...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Sports Logo

The Pacers are bringing in Glen Rice jr Monday.
    Last edited by Handoverfist; 06-16-2013 at 04:20 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:

Butler is 33... basically we're looking at a one year rental vs keeping Granger and possibly resigning him cheaper if he meets expectations this season. If we get Bledsoe, it seems like we would have to make OTHER moves in order to build around Bledsoe. Right now, we just need a good backup point guard and additional bodies on the frontline. Also, people just need to accept that Hill is going to be our starting PG for the future, and stop looking for trades to send him back to a sixth man role.

Rockets are not picking up Aaron Brooks contract, apparently on some delusional quest for Howard cap space. Hard for me to follow the logic of that FO. Regardless, is he better than DJ?
    'persevailed' - Best neological portmanteau ever

Quote Originally Posted by efhead View Post
    Rockets are not picking up Aaron Brooks contract, apparently on some delusional quest for Howard cap space. Hard for me to follow the logic of that FO. Regardless, is he better than DJ?
    I think he is. He seems to be able to find a way to create more. Agustin gets blocked almost every time trying to attack the basket.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Short, quick, waterbug PG who can shoot. I remember people here describing him as a better Darren Collison. At one point he was a 20 ppg scorer for Houston. He's fallen off a cliff since then though. Don't really know what's wrong with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Butler is 33... basically we're looking at a one year rental vs keeping Granger and possibly resigning him cheaper if he meets expectations this season. If we get Bledsoe, it seems like we would have to make OTHER moves in order to build around Bledsoe. Right now, we just need a good backup point guard and additional bodies on the frontline. Also, people just need to accept that Hill is going to be our starting PG for the future, and stop looking for trades to send him back to a sixth man role.
    IDK but Danny could be a one year rental also. They cannot afford West, George, and Hibbert and try and keep Lance and Danny.
    If Danny does well they cannot probably afford him period. Regardless of Lance. Not sure what the answer is.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

22. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by efhead View Post
    Whatever offense he supplied was more than offset by his very poor defense. He was a net negative. They have to try something else.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    IDK but Danny could be a one year rental also. They cannot afford West, George, and Hibbert and try and keep Lance and Danny.
    If Danny does well they cannot probably afford him period. Regardless of Lance. Not sure what the answer is.
    But the likelihood IMO of getting granger to a reasonable contract is great than Bledsoe. Granger has already had his big contract and knows what it's like to suck. IMO older players like granger are more likely to take a pay cut in order to compete for a championship.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Houston's system was perfect for Brooks, where I think he overachieved for a season. Collison is definitely better IMO. Aside from the game, he has a quick temper and bad attitude. I'd pass.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Yeah I'll pass on Broooks. Another undersized PG. I also think Collison is better than him.

An interesting bit about the 2011 draft. Don't know where else to put it.

Do the Pistons still end up with Drummond next year if this happens? I suspect Toronto wouldn't pass on him if they didn't have a center, and the Pistons end up with Kendall Marshall or one of the wings (Terrence Ross, Jeremy Lamb, Rivers).

Here's an interesting story told by an insider involved with one of the teams. In 2011, most everyone in the league thought the Cavs were leaning toward Lithuanian center Valanciunas with the No. 4 pick.

That included two teams behind the Cavs: Toronto at 5 and Detroit at 8. So much so, the teams had arranged a trade after they figured the 7-footer would go to the Cavs.

A source said the Pistons were going to trade the eighth pick and guard Ben Gordon to the Raptors for Toronto's No. 5 pick and guard Jose Calderon.

The Pistons were going to draft Tristan Thompson at 5, while Toronto would have taken Brandon Knight at 8.

The trade was called off when the Cavs passed on Valanciunas and selected Thompson at 4. The Raptors jumped on the Lithuanian center with the next pick. Both teams appear happy with the outcomes of both players.
    http://www.news-herald.com/articles/...mode=fullstory
    Last edited by hackashaq; 06-16-2013 at 08:45 PM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Banned

@SamAmicoFSO: Word is, Pacers have strong interest. RT @turnaroundj9: Why is Brandon Jennings not being looked at? IND, UTA, DAL could use him.

Meh

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @SamAmicoFSO: Word is, Pacers have strong interest. RT @turnaroundj9: Why is Brandon Jennings not being looked at? IND, UTA, DAL could use him.

Meh
    I'm guessing a DG trade is the only way that would happen.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears