Page 167 of 181 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tony Wroten to Philly for a future 2nd rounder
    And it's top 50 protected for this season only. Memphis basically traded Wroten, a first round pick, for nothing.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

The article:
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/copel...cclimated-indy

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

The article:
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/copel...cclimated-indy

Buying a house here is like 4 months rent in New York.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

check out young PG, guy really did like Darius Miles

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

check out young PG, guy really did like Darius Miles

Wow, I thought Reggie Miller was skinny as a kid but his arms look like bread sticks!

Is that Andrew Bynum behind him? It looks a little like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I want to start a thread dedicated to nothing but Donald Sloan's "I'm up" tweets

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Wow, I thought Reggie Miller was skinny as a kid but his arms look like bread sticks!
    What can we say? We have great luck with tall skinny kids from California.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

I want to start a thread dedicated to nothing but Donald Sloan's "I'm up" tweets
    Make a parody account, @IsDonaldSloanUp , and then affirm that he is once you see the latest confirmation from Sloan's account.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Make a parody account, @IsDonaldSloanUp , and then affirm that he is once you see the latest confirmation from Sloan's account.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    And it's top 50 protected for this season only. Memphis basically traded Wroten, a first round pick, for nothing.
    They get a roster spot that has some value. I didn't have Wroten graded as a 1st rd pick when he came out. However I like this trade for both teams. He gets to go to a rebuilding team and Memphis get flexibility. Because truth be told he would of been in the Dleague the next 2 years if Memphis keeps him.

the league's installing the STATS LLC cameras in every arena this year and footing the $100k a year per team bill. about half of the league was using them before, we were one of the teams NOT using them. the system's a bunch of tiny cameras that track every movement of every player and spits them out in digital coordinates that teams can do all sorts of crazy stuff with, like put ghost defenders that defend "perfectly" based on all sorts of data and tendencies into the diagram of a play you were guarding and show how well you defended it. there's some breakdown of some of it here; http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...cal-revolution

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

the league's installing the STATS LLC cameras in every arena this year and footing the $100k a year per team bill. about half of the league was using them before, we were one of the teams NOT using them. the system's a bunch of tiny cameras that track every movement of every player and spits them out in digital coordinates that teams can do all sorts of crazy stuff with, like put ghost defenders that defend "perfectly" based on all sorts of data and tendencies into the diagram of a play you were guarding and show how well you defended it. there's some breakdown of some of it here; http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...cal-revolution
    Really this probably ought to be its own thread IMO. Big enough deal to warrant it.

Scola scored 25 today against the Canadian front line of Tristan Thompson and Andrew Nicholson. Tomorrow it's vs. Brazil.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

Mood

Caught the Argentina friendly earlier. I love me some Scola I never knew he could shoot the ball from 3pt range like he did tonight(the line is closer but he looked so smooth from the outside). He shot the ball awful last year in PHX if he gets his shooting back and even expand his range to 3pt range he will be unstopable. With that said please Luis don't fall in love with the outside jumper you are much better around the rim. Andrew Nicholson looked like a young Scola out there for Canada. Guy is getting a lot better his footwork is really improving. I think Scola will be winning another international comp Argentina is good. They can really shoot the basketball. Lack of guard play scares me, but I like their chances.

Also always good to see coach Sampson lose.

I can't wait for the game tomorrow. But really excited for when the real tourney starts. All day tomorrow will be great basketball. The Euro teams play in the morning and the Americas I can catch a bit later.

Waking up to Bo McCalleb hoop is never a bad thing.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-23-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    Scola scored 25 today against the Canadian front line of Tristan Thompson and Andrew Nicholson. Tomorrow it's vs. Brazil.
    They actually defended Scola very well IMO, but both the bigs for Argentina were lights out shooting the rock.

It was lol watching Brady Heslip again I could of swore his time at Baylor would be the last game I ever see of him. Funny that he and Rautins are on the same team. They are carbon copies of each other.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-23-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Caught the Argentina friendly earlier. I love me some Scola I never knew he could shoot the ball from 3pt range like he did tonight(the line is closer but he looked so smooth from the outside). He shot the ball awful last year in PHX if he gets his shooting back and even expand his range to 3pt range he will be unstopable. With that said please Luis don't fall in love with the outside jumper you are much better around the rim. Andrew Nicholson looked like a young Scola out there for Canada. Guy is getting a lot better his footwork is really improving. I think Scola will be winning another international comp Argentina is good. They can really shoot the basketball. Lack of guard play scares me, but I like their chances.

Also always good to see coach Sampson lose.

I can't wait for the game tomorrow. But really excited for when the real tourney starts. All day tomorrow will be great basketball. The Euro teams play in the morning and the Americas I can catch a bit later.

Waking up to Bo McCalleb hoop is never a bad thing.
    Where are you watching these games?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Where are you watching these games?
    A choppy stream (so choppy I decided to watch hardwood classics today over the Euros) cant name the site per rules. Starting next week though they will be on espn3. The Americas are really nice they live stream most of their tourney via Their website. I watch a bit of the u17 two weeks ago on there it was awful basketball. If you are a real Fiba basketball nut you can buy a year subscription and get all the games live and on demand.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-24-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Mood

Yes I just checked the 8/30 game Argentina vs Paraguay is on espn 3 at 1:50 will be on demand for replays too. Then every game after that is on espn3. Argentina plays the next day as well. Hope to watch all of Scolas games. September is a basketball nuts heaven both euros and America's every day on espn3.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Scola scored 23 points on 7/12 shooting and grabbed 11 boards in the win against Brazil.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 08-25-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Scola scored 23 points on 7/12 shooting and grabbed 11 boards in the win against Brazil.
    On 58% shooting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Truth's comments from a couple of weeks ago echo what I've said all along. Doc, KG, and Pierce weren't wanting to get out of town because they were tired of dealing with Rondo. No, it's actually quite the opposite. They all saw the writing on the wall that the team would suck with Rondo hobbled at the beginning of the year. These guys aren't stupid and they understood full well that the team couldn't succeed without a healthy Rondo:

“It would be hard to contend,” Pierce told the Herald on the last day of his camp at Basketball City in the shadow of the TD Garden. “I saw the vision. I saw all that. As a player I'm selfish. I want what's going to be good for me and the team. But you've got to look at the management looking at what's down the road. If it's up to me I would want to rebuild to win a championship by bringing players in. They were looking at the future, down the line.

“Rajon might not be here for the beginning of the year or however long he takes, so it would be tough for us to be a contender or get into a position to contend. Everybody saw that and I think that helped the decision on both sides.”

“It was like a domino effect,” Pierce said. “It was like (the Rondo injury) was there and then Doc. When you put all that stuff together, you know the writing was on the wall.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ton-came-about

All of the Rondo hate is a bunch of unsubstantiated crap that has no facts to back it up. With a healthy Rondo, the Celtics at least advanced in the first round every season from 07-08 to 11-12. They won a championship, made it to Game 7 of the NBA Finals two years later (thanks in large part to Rondo elevating his game to a superstar level), and were a hair away from making the NBA Finals in 2012 (thanks again to Rondo). With Rondo hurt in 2013, they couldn't even win a playoff series. But none of this matters because Rondo is "a bad teammate", is "moody", and had to be "kept in line" by Doc/Ray/Truth/Ticket. Pierce's comments show that's all a bunch of phooey. A year ago, Doc, KG, and Pierce were more than happy to stay in Boston because they understood that Rondo had them within a hair of the NBA Finals and that the team could contend as long as he played at a high level. A year later with Rondo hurt, they all leave town. Yet that's somehow meant to imply that Rondo is a bad teammate? They like playing there when he's healthy and leave when he's hurt, but their leaving is because they don't like playing with him....even though he probably won't be playing at the start of the season. Yeah, that makes no sense at all.

As Pierce's comments show, they all saw the writing on the wall. The fact that Rondo will be battered at the beginning of the season is why the decision to jump ship was easier. They know that playing with Rondo was a good thing.

Mood

I love Luis Scola the DR has no answers for him tonight he is killing them. Argentina is up pretty big almost half time. Gosh I love Spanish speaking announcers dude is a beast at rolling his words lol.

EDIT: I have heard good things about Eloy Vargas but he hasn't impressed me to much.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-25-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Mood

Just posted a video on YouTube of the halftime stats and a few highlights

I fd up the 2nd video

Scola has barley played in the 2nd. Argentina has like 5 good bigs so he is resting this game basiclly. 2.30 left Argentina only up 5. Guard play again a bit trouble some. The have so many bigs that can play but they need some guards.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-25-2013 at 10:06 PM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Jamison nearing a deal with the Clippers. I think I read where they were waiting on Odom first. Looks like the latest news on Odom has them thinking they've waited long enough.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-With-Clippers
    Antawn Jamison is close to a contract with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to a source.
    Jamison has a desire to play for a team that will contend for the NBA championship next season.
    Jamison had offseason surgery on his wrist but expects to be 100 percent at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

Scola has barley played in the 2nd......
    Maybe they thought he was losing his hops?

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post: