Page 166 of 181 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet Serge Ibaka made the first team, despite the fact that defensively, Sanders does almost everything better. I don't put much stock into end-of-season awards. I'm happy when I see players I like on them, but I don't think they're indicative of who the best defensive players in the league are. The best defensive player in the league​ didn't even make the first team this year.
    And Ibaka should have made the first team over Sanders. As talented as Sanders is, he's not helping his team when he's get ejected 3 times in 10 days.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    And Ibaka should have made the first team over Sanders. As talented as Sanders is, he's not helping his team when he's get ejected 3 times in 10 days.

Wow, I definitely would not leave a guy off an All-NBA team over three ejections.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Wow, I definitely would not leave a guy off an All-NBA team over three ejections.
    Plus the other two ejections last season and the third most technical fouls in the league last season at 14... He hurts his team as much he contributes. He HAS to grow up and get his head straightened out.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1h

Former Celtic James Posey among the candidates to fill out Brad Stevens' staff in Boston, source told ESPN. Stevens likely to hire ex-player
    Retweeted by Chris Goff

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Plus the other two ejections last season and the third most technical fouls in the league last season at 14... He hurts his team as much he contributes. He HAS to grow up and get his head straightened out.
    No offense, but is that a real argument that you're trying to make?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

No offense, but is that a real argument that you're trying to make?
    Pretty clear he's not being sarcastic. So it's pretty obvious your comment will be offensive.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    It isn't that he roams, it's that he simply isn't a quality post defender. Greg Monroe routinely tears into Sanders like a pit bull. He doesn't hold his spot well and he goes for the shot block rather than trying to nudge his man off the spot. He gets backed down way too easily for a guy that's supposed to be a game-changing defender. I'm not comparing him to Deandre Jordan, I'm just saying his defense has more holes in it than it should for a guy that makes his living almost entirely on that side of the ball. He's cut down his foul rate as well, but it's still too high.
    His post defense is not that good at the moment because he is still rail thin. When he bulks up a bit his post D will be fine. I don't see any lack of fundamentals in his D. I just see lack of strength at the moment.

There's a reason Sanders leads the NBA in blocks, yet can't make either all-defensive team.
    You know that these all-defensive teams have a lot to do with popularity and hype. It's why Kobe was still being voted even though he has to play real help D in the last 5-6 years. Hibbert didn't make it either but he was a better defender than Chandler at least (both Noah and Marc were better than Chandler this year).
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

"We want Miami"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol, guys like Sanders are usually the ones that ARE on all nba d teams over guys that actually deserve it like Hibbert. He's just in Milwaukee and still early in his career.

Scott Agness in reply to me asking if the Pacers would add another player.

Expect at least one player to stick from their training camp roster.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Scott Agness in reply to me asking if the Pacers would add another player.
    What Big Man is on the training Camp roster?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Roys working out with Duncan again

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

That is just awesome. There's no big man in the league that I'd rather see him workout with.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

billbradley

(Chris) Paul and Paul (George)

They are the hoped-for usurpers, these Pauls. Two performers in wildly disparate climates that are attempting to unseat the old guard in either conference (Miami, San Antonio) while holding off two other franchises that were long expected to be the top contender to topple the champs in Oklahoma City and Chicago. Both Chris Paul and Paul George have championship-level rosters, heaps of potential, three first names between them … and most importantly, no more excuses.
    For George, his upstart Pacers seemed like a “wait ‘til next year”-proposition up until the final buzzer on June 3rd, a buzzer that told him that Indiana, indeed, would not be making the Finals last season. Indiana admirably built on a strong second round showing against Miami in 2012 to give the eventual champs all they could handle in a seven-game series, but for the entire run the Pacers were playing with found money.

Because they had excuses. Not that this is what did Indiana in, and it’s not as if they used it as a crutch, but the Pacers’ crippling’ lack of bench depth was a glaring feature of a squad that needed to play a perfect game in order to down the two-time champs. And any time any significant percentage of the Pacer starting lineup had to sit, for whatever reason, the game shifted. It’s why the Atlanta Hawks, a team that knew it was seconds away from being broken up, gave the Pacers a go in the first round. It’s why Indiana was so worried about the prospects of a seventh game in New York against a flighty and underperforming Knicks team. It’s why they couldn’t seal the deal against Miami.
    Now, thanks to Larry Bird, Indiana has a proper bench. And a third star, health-willing, in the returning Danny Granger. And an alpha dog, apparently, in Paul George. From the Indianapolis Star, on Friday:
    George looks forward to Granger’s return, but he understands this is his team after leading the Pacers within one game of the NBA Finals.

“A lot comes with that,” George said. “This whole summer, I really trained being the go-to guy and the lead guy for our team. Last year, we still had Danny and did not know the results (of Granger’s injury) coming into the year. I had a role that I had kind of prepared for and trained for. This year, it was more about training to be the No. 1 guy and lead this team.”
    This doesn’t just mean George’s voice is going to act as the clarion call in the locker room. This means George is going to have to take on LeBron James-type angles. Better ball-handling on isolation plays, go-to pet moves, and the ability to be the man when a play breaks down in ways that go beyond desperation three-pointers. Not that such heaves are George’s only weapon at this point, but his game still has a lot of rounding out to do.

Chris Paul has no such development days ahead. The man is 28, he’s in his prime, and the bugaboo that seemed to haunt him in years’ past (nagging injuries) seems to be behind him, as Paul has missed just 18 games over the last two seasons. Paul’s game remains the model of efficiency, and though he doesn’t put up gaudy box score stats like his Hall of Fame predecessors, CP3 routinely ranks at the top of several advanced metrics just because of his pound-for-pound greatness.

The Clippers have had their own “wait ‘til next year”-quibbles, though, because each and every second of the Vinny Del Negro era felt like a holding period for Los Angeles, like a trial run before the franchise got serious about things. Just as it was in Chicago, when Del Negro was coach, the simplistic play-calling and strange rotation choices kept Los Angeles an arm’s length away from the contenders, and though the players never used him as an excuse publicly, they gave off the impression of a team that was just twirling its thumbs.

Doc Rivers is in, now. And while Doc has his own detractors when it comes to offensive play-calling and rotation choices, the man does know how to coach a great defense. The Clippers are filled with bad defenders, so Rivers will be doing the best he can build upon last year’s eighth-ranked defense; while banking on Paul to crank up the team’s defense to a level beyond last year’s fourth-place showing.

It’s true that star forward Blake Griffin has to round off his game on both ends if the Clippers are to compete, and make it to the third round for the first time in franchise history, but Chris Paul remains the object that could send the Clippers to the Finals, or leave Billy Crystal with a Billy Crystal Sad Face.

One dodgy knee bend could cut 15 games from his 82-game routine, or leave him sort of playing out the string for three quarters in contests (as he sometimes does) in order to save himself for the pivotal fourth quarter and those series of #PointGod tweets. And though the Clippers’ depth, offensively at least, has improved as well; any dip in the MVP-level 26.4 Player Efficiency Rating for Paul from last year could cost the team wins, home court advantage, or the ability to have their Ubuntu-game on point by May.

This is Chris Paul we’re talking about. It ain’t likely to happen. Still, for all the good vibes and harsh focus on Griffin, it bears repeating that we’re still banking Clipper championship ambitions on Chris Paul having yet another legendary year, at 70-plus games, at the point guard position. Lots of work to do between now and May, y’know? And these things aren’t done on paper.

The Pacers and Clippers are loaded, though. And I’d be just fine in watching these two go at it in the final round, come June.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...182531235.html

19. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    That is just awesome. There's no big man in the league that I'd rather see him workout with.

Duncan is the perfect teacher for Roy. Could not agree more.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

could be he's referring to Splitter lol

Agree with Roy. Pro Ams are a waste of valuable training time. The NBA shouldn't allow it to begin with.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Agree with Roy. Pro Ams are a waste of valuable training time. The NBA shouldn't allow it to begin with.
    When we r talking about "Amateurs", are we talking about Celebrities?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I don't follow a lot, but I'm sure its a mix of celebrities, NBA buddies and street-ballers.

The NBA players (for the most part) don't play hard enough to risk injury, but they don't learn anything either. They don't improve at all. For all the *****ing NBA owners do over players representing their countries in FIBA play you'd think they'd put the hammer down on guys playing with assasin and skip to my bling in the drew league.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-19-2013 at 08:11 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I don't follow a lot, but I'm sure its a mix of celebrities, NBA buddies and street-ballers.

The NBA players (for the most part) don't play hard enough to risk injury, but they don't learn anything either. They don't improve at all. For all the *****ing NBA owners do over players representing their countries in FIBA play you'd think they'd put the hammer down on guys playing with assasin and skip to my bling in the drew league.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo

Wilt Chamberlain in 4th grade. guess which one's him.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

It's cuz Players want to hob-nob with Celebrity wannabe Basketball players. Kudos to Roy and Mahinmi for working on their games during their time off.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Lance Thomas re-signed with New Orleans for 2 years, some reports we were interested in him a couple weeks ago

Sports Logo

Tony Wroten to Philly for a future 2nd rounder

Chris Goff ‏@PacersScribe 40s

Ben Hansbrough has signed with Spanish club Herbalife Gran Canaria, the team announced.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post: