Page 165 of 181 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

The Eurobasket starts on the 30th should be great this year. The tune up games have already began Tony Parker was clutch and lead a huge comeback over Serbia. Sounds like Batum suffered a very minor injury. The games start on ESPN3 on the 30th should be a great Eurobasket. On the note of international ball I didn't watch nearly any euroleague last year I am hoping to watch a little bit more next year. Now that Erick Green and Kim English play for Siena I will watch them a lot next year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pretty much, those are all time great. the black ones are even better.

Yeah, the black ones are awesome. The white ones are pretty flame too.

A guy named Andrew Wiggins just called me for a job interview. I wonder how he will feel when I talk about him being the#1 draft pick.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Larry Sanders gets 4 for 44 that is a steal for the Bucks IMO.

Love that Sanders deal much more than Pek's.

Love sanders but Pek is a little more well developed
    Last edited by Dgreenwell3; 08-16-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Love that Sanders deal much more than Pek's.
    I agree the funny thing is a Pek for Sanders trade would be good for both teams IMO. The Bucks need scoring and the Wolves need defense. I think Sanders and Love would be amazing to watch together. What I am trying to say is the Wolves need a defensive big. Dieng should help but Sanders is on another level.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-16-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Not a huge fan of Sanders until he can start defending his own man at the same high level he plays rim protector.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Not a huge fan of Sanders until he can start defending his own man at the same high level he plays rim protector.
    And can keep his temper under control.....

God, I'm going enjoy to heckling him again this year....
    Last edited by Sandman21; 08-16-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I shed no tears for Seattle's prospective ownership after they pulled this ****:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/16/565...is-hansen.html

Chris Hansen, the Seattle investor who tried to buy the Sacramento Kings earlier this year, was unmasked today as the mystery donor behind the petition campaign seeking to derail the Kings' proposed new downtown arena.

Hansen's involvement in donating $80,000 to a group gathering signatures in Sacramento was revealed by a source this afternoon. The revelation came one day after the state's political watchdog, the Fair Political Practices Commission, sued the Los Angeles law firm that wired $80,000 to the signature-gathering campaign. The lawsuit demanded to know the identity of the donor. A court hearing had been scheduled for Monday.

Hansen's role in the anti-arena campaign is a dramatic development. Initial suspicion fell on the Maloof family, former owners of the Kings, because the family has long been represented by the law firm that wired the money, Loeb & Loeb.

Instead, Hansen made the donation a month after the NBA blocked his attempt to move the Kings to Seattle, the source said. After the NBA made its decision, Hansen dropped his bid to buy the team from the Maloofs. A day later, the Maloofs agreed to sell the Kings to a group led by technology executive Vivek Ranadive for $535 million.

Afterwards, Hansen told a radio interviewer in Seattle that, while it remains his dream to bring an NBA team back to Seattle, he regretted trying to grab the Kings away from Sacramento's loyal fans.

"It kind of made me sick to my stomach," Hansen said. He added that he would go after another city's team again only if he was convinced the team was going to leave.

Hansen has also held out hope that the NBA will grant his group an expansion team. The NBA left Seattle for Oklahoma City in 2008.

Hansen and Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer teamed up on the bid to buy the Kings. They raised their bid twice, topping out at $625 million, in an effort to persuade the NBA to go along with their plan.

Since spring, a small group of volunteers known as STOP - Sacramento Taxpayers Opposed to Pork - has been circulating petitions to force a public vote on the city's proposed $258 million arena subsidy. Without a new arena, the NBA says the team will eventually leave.

Then in June, $80,000 was wired from the Loeb & Loeb law firm in Los Angeles to a Tulare-based political consultant who specializes in petition drives. The contribution should have been disclosed by July 31 but wasn't, prompted the FPPC lawsuit.

Last week two political consultants quit the petition campaign, saying they were taken aback by the secrecy surrounding the donation. STOP leaders have vowed to continue the volunteer effort, saying earlier this week they were more than halfway toward their goal.

But STOP has other problems. In particular, city officials say as many as 1,700 people who signed the petition have now submitted paperwork demanding their names be removed.

STOP needs 22,000 validated signatures by December to put the issue on next June's ballot.

Separately, attorneys for the city on Thursday characterized a lawsuit against the arena deal as "filled with extreme and slanderous allegations" against city officials and "a work of fiction."

That lawsuit, filed earlier this year by Sacramento attorneys Patrick Soluri and Jeffrey Anderson, alleged that the city's stated arena subsidy of $258 million is an illegal gift of public funds, and that city officials are concealing aspects of the deal.

The city response called Soluri and Anderson's claims opinions that are not supported by facts. A tentative hearing on the matter has been set for March of next year, according a representative from the city attorney's office.

Soluri said he had not yet seen the city's response.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/16/565...#storylink=cpy
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

agreed, I like Sanders and think that's a solid contract, but the guy's gotten somewhat overrated

Mood

I totally disagree dude is a defensive anchor. The Bucks were a top 5 defensive team with him on the floor last season and with him off it? Bottom 5. I like mostly everything he does on defense. He does block hunt quite a bit, but even when he does that he affects so many shots the guy is just a menace on the defensive end. I mean this isn't Deandre Jordan who is a terrible player outside of weak side blocks and running the floor. Larry is underpaid IMO for the going rate of big men. He is clearly above McGee and Jordan IMO and he is paid like them.

I can't wait to watch he and Henson grow together they are easily two of my favorite bigs to watch scary long.

I read a quote that made me happy the Rockets will play Howard at PF in camp. I have been saying that since the signing that is what they should do. Asik and Howard together

Banned

Asik and Howard together would be a horrible thing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I totally disagree dude is a defensive anchor. The Bucks were a top 5 defensive team with him on the floor last season and with him off it? Bottom 5. I like mostly everything he does on defense. He does block hunt quite a bit, but even when he does that he affects so many shots the guy is just a menace on the defensive end. I mean this isn't Deandre Jordan who is a terrible player outside of weak side blocks and running the floor. Larry is underpaid IMO for the going rate of big men. He is clearly above McGee and Jordan IMO and he is paid like them.

I can't wait to watch he and Henson grow together they are easily two of my favorite bigs to watch scary long.

I read a quote that made me happy the Rockets will play Howard at PF in camp. I have been saying that since the signing that is what they should do. Asik and Howard together
    What's the offense look like with Howard and Asik out there. That will be awkward, surely.

I totally disagree dude is a defensive anchor. The Bucks were a top 5 defensive team with him on the floor last season and with him off it? Bottom 5. I like mostly everything he does on defense. He does block hunt quite a bit, but even when he does that he affects so many shots the guy is just a menace on the defensive end.
    It isn't that he roams, it's that he simply isn't a quality post defender. Greg Monroe routinely tears into Sanders like a pit bull. He doesn't hold his spot well and he goes for the shot block rather than trying to nudge his man off the spot. He gets backed down way too easily for a guy that's supposed to be a game-changing defender. I'm not comparing him to Deandre Jordan, I'm just saying his defense has more holes in it than it should for a guy that makes his living almost entirely on that side of the ball. He's cut down his foul rate as well, but it's still too high.

There's a reason Sanders leads the NBA in blocks, yet can't make either all-defensive team.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-17-2013 at 02:22 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    What's the offense look like with Howard and Asik out there. That will be awkward, surely.
    I've always thought Dwight would be better suited alongside a strong 7fter at the PF spot...

I think Houston will look to get their offense from Harden, Lin, and Parsons from the perimeter first and look for Howard and Asik to pick up the second chance points primarily... Though some plays will undoubtedly be run for Dwight... But those two on D in the paint will be a scary duo to deal with!
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

The Eurobasket starts on the 30th should be great this year. The tune up games have already began Tony Parker was clutch and lead a huge comeback over Serbia. Sounds like Batum suffered a very minor injury. The games start on ESPN3 on the 30th should be a great Eurobasket. On the note of international ball I didn't watch nearly any euroleague last year I am hoping to watch a little bit more next year. Now that Erick Green and Kim English play for Siena I will watch them a lot next year.
    I'm looking forward to Eurobasket and the Americas too, but let's not get carried away, talent wise, this will be the weakest Eurobasket since maybe 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    I'm looking forward to Eurobasket and the Americas too, but let's not get carried away, talent wise, this will be the weakest Eurobasket since maybe 1993.
    Give the kid a break, he wasn't even born then....

Agree that Eurobasket will be weak this season. Doesn't mean it can't be exciting, just means it won't hold the interest of NBA snobs (like me).

The Americas.....that has never, ever been watchable. Argentina beats everyone, and USA beats everyone else (along with Argentina, who can't be bothered to put up a fight since second place is just as good as first). Brazil always massively disappoints everyone after teasing us with a competitive loss against USA.

If Canada ever manages to bring their A-list talent, I'll be interested. That tournament badly needs someone else to step up.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-17-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Mood

What will the defense look like

Just put 3 shooters around them and it will be fine. Asik is a solid passer and great screener it can work IMO. Asik on the floor makes the Rockets better I am sure they will find a way to get him 28ish mpg.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    Maybe, but I think every team has a story that I can look forward to watching. For example Italy has Luigi Datome. I want to watch him because he is coming over next year. Serbia has a ton of guard prospects who are coming over soon. I think it will be really good basketball. It is a pretty big event that I am excited for. Not as excited as 2 years ago, but it should be great still.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

It'll be competitive, but I've seen quite enough of Jonas Jerebko looking like Josh Smith's Sweedish twin to put much stock into how these performances translate to the NBA.

On a side note, EUROBASKET needs to be held in Lithuania permanently. Only place that makes sense (and they actually care about hosting it). Maybe let Serbia have it every fourth event.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-17-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Mood

It'll be competitive, but I've seen quite enough of Jonas Jerebko looking like Josh Smith's Sweedish twin to put much stock into how these performances translate to the NBA.

On a side note, EUROBASKET needs to be held in Lithuania permanently. Only place that makes sense (and they actually care about hosting it). Maybe let Serbia have it every fourth event.
    Speaking of Lithuania I watched the other dream team for the 2nd time the other day. It is my favorite hoops documentary. It was so well done. Every hoops fan needs to watch it they just added it to Netflix. The footage of a young Arvydas Sabonis is amazing. It just pisses me off they wouldn't let him come over. He was just so special watching how he moved in his 20s was amazing. It is sad we only got him past his prime. He was still fantastic in the games I have watched on Hardwood Classics, but the though of a young Sabonis in the NBA is something that should of been reality.

I agree about Lithuania though really good fans and a great basketball country. I love how both the Serbs and Lithuanians play basketball.

EDIT: Also the Pacers vs Lakers game 4 of the 2000 finals is on NBATV right now. Next is game 6 then the Kings vs the Lakers.

We just called a set isolation for Austin Croshere what is the world coming to.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-17-2013 at 02:56 PM.

It's not dynamic, to be sure, but it would be somewhat like when we started JO and Foster together. Asik has to be actively moving or screening to remain relevant and to force his man to stay with him. They can still post with Dwight, they can of course run PnR, and they can still run through Harden. If they figure out how to be at least a mediocre offense with those two, the gain in defense and rebounding could be significant.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's a reason Sanders leads the NBA in blocks, yet can't make either all-defensive team.
    And yet Serge Ibaka made the first team, despite the fact that defensively, Sanders does almost everything better. I don't put much stock into end-of-season awards. I'm happy when I see players I like on them, but I don't think they're indicative of who the best defensive players in the league are. The best defensive player in the league​ didn't even make the first team this year.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Ibaka isn't as rail-thin as he used to be. He isn't an elite post defender, but he can hold his ground now. I'd put him above Sanders overall.