Page 126 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Monta and calderon should be a dynamic offensive combo.

Defensively....holy **** that's bad.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't like the combination of Monta and Calderon and I like both players, maybe Rick can make it work?
    Tell the truth...youre really Don Nelson Jr. arent you? last year OJ Mayo...this year Ellis and Calderon. It would also explain your lack of knowledge about even some of the most simple things regarding the Pacers.

Good news is, at this rate, we should see less of you since you should be spending alot more time following the Mavs and consequently their message boards.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Monta and calderon should be a dynamic offensive combo.

Defensively....holy **** that's bad.
    I cant help but think Cuban has been in secret negotiations with Paul Westhead to lure him away from Oregon

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dallas should have just gave up and blew it up now there stuck with long contracts on mediocre guys.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Dallas should have just gave up and blew it up now there stuck with long contracts on mediocre guys.
    I think that Cuban feels he owes it to Dirk to try to give him some talent to win at the end of his career. Cuban is on record that he will never trade Dirk, and I can't blame him for that. However I would of blew it up after getting turned down by Dwight and D-will in two straight years. But with the salary floor they needed to spend a lot of $$ this off season. Hell I may of signed Calderon and Monta, but only for 1 year at a higher salary to maintain flexibility, and have some trade chips. The Cubs have used that method to rebuild. They tell the player when they sign good chance you will get traded, but money talks and getting one years deals with the chance to build value would appeal to some free agents.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

RIP Mavs... hate the Ellis signing unless we flip him by next summer.

This must be what looking at the abortion of what was the pistons 2009 offseason was like.... The mavs are putting together the perfect storm of bad draft/FA strategy with no plan B.

They still have dirk and Carlisle, but that team just screwed itself out of playoff contention for a while.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This must be what looking at the abortion of what was the pistons 2009 offseason was like.... The mavs are putting together the perfect storm of bad draft/FA strategy with no plan B.

They still have dirk and Carlisle, but that team just screwed itself out of playoff contention for a while.
    Yup...Cuban has officially decided to tank the next few years.

Mavs will be playing no defense next year
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @WojYahooNBA

Shane Larkin, the Dallas Mavericks' 1st-round pick, broke his ankle in summer league practice, sources told Y! Could be out 2-3 months.

Yikes. Good thing they have Calderon and Harris after all
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Yup...Cuban has officially decided to tank the next few years.
    Not really, If he was tanking he could do it a lot cheaper than paying Monta and Calderon 18m a year for the next 3 seasons. Those two will really hurt in gathering assets not the right way to rebuild and tank if that is what they want to do. This is like a Bucks type move seems like they are trying to win the 8th seed instead of rebuilding.

That sucks about Larkin especially considering the type of player he is. Foot problems could kill his career he may never be the same and with relying on agility it hurts him more than others.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-12-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Sports Logo

I think that Monta ( or sign whatever FAs are left ) is "plan B" as "Plan A" was sign Dwight and then see what happens.

If anything....it seems that the Hawks and Mavs didn't really have a good "what should we do if D12 doesn't sign with us" plan.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Couple of rough summers in a row for Mark Cuban. He didn't give his 2011 team a chance to defend its title. I understand his rationale for going after the big fish, but the upshot of all this is that he broke up his championship team so he could sign Jose Calderon and Monta Ellis for about $17M a year.

He's surrounded his 35 year old all-star with a 3rd rate supporting cast. That's ugly.

Cuban has now built the type of treadmill walking, low seeded playoff team that he has preached against. It's probably all out of loyalty to Dirk. I suspect if it weren't for Dirk, he would just go tank it the way the Jazz and 76ers are about to over the next couple years.

I always thought of Cuban as the ahead of the curb smart guy, but that just hasn't been the case lately. He's not a horrible owner by any stretch, but he's not that cool, smarter than everyone else guy that he used to be. I think it's the rest of the league catching up to him in that regard more than anything.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Eric Gordon situating brewing with Jeff Teague

Hensley said Teague was frustrated by the Hawks' lack of interest and phoned team president and general manager Danny Ferry to inform him he did not want to return to Atlanta.

"I'm nervous," Teague said of the waiting game which will play out until Atlanta makes its decision. "I really want to be here. I thank Milwaukee for giving me this opportunity and taking a chance on me."
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/215098911.html

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Also I am expecting that Rivers has gotten better, he was still only a yr out of HS last year, and has to learn how to make his game translate to the next level. I see him as a JR smith type who struggled a lot in NO early on, but eventually found his game.

Will be interesting to see him in summer league though, hopefully he has made some strides.
    Told you guys don't sleep on Rivers, still summer league, but much much improved in his game, won't be surprised to see him stun some people this year WHEN he gets some PT.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Told you guys don't sleep on Rivers, still summer league, but much much improved in his game, won't be surprised to see him stun some people this year WHEN he gets some PT.
    He didn't look better to me besides his body. He still can't go left and an awful defender with tunnel vision. He has to be able to finish through contact. Come back to me in 2 years he was a project and still is. I never liked him in college and will never like his style, but in 2 years I wouldn't be shocked if he is worthy of some PT. he shouldn't of played at all last year was no where near NBA ready. With the Pelicans roster I don't see him getting PT with how bad he was last year it's well deserved. He may need to be traded to get a chance. I am sure he will get one though injuries happen he needs to be ready. EDIT: I think they made a huge mistake last year giving him PT that he didn't earn. Sitting on the bench and learning the game is the best thing that can happen to him IMO. Giving a guy like him with so many flaws unearned PT will just ingrained bad habits. If there is no consequence he will never get better will just keep playing the same game.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-12-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Did we know about this?

The Dallas Mavericks have been forced to amend their plan to bring back former Mavericks stalwart Devin Harris after X-rays unexpectedly revealed that Harris has a dislocated toe on his left foot, according to sources close to the situation.

The Mavericks remain interested in signing Harris, sources said, but the parties have mutually agreed to shelve the three-year deal worth in excess of $9 million that Harris agreed to over the weekend and was poised to sign this week.
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...al-sources-say

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Eric Gordon situating brewing with Jeff Teague

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/215098911.html
    Well that pretty much seals it...guess Teague will be back in ATL...

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Hopefully Larkin's ankle isn't a bad break and he can rebound 100%. I like the dude, plays hard.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    RIP Mavs... hate the Ellis signing unless we flip him by next summer.
    Well you may have a few people on here willing to take Ellis off your hands, but luckily it probably won't be Larry Bird.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    It looks like executives around the NBA are suspicious of the Kirilenko deal as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ne...180604173.html
    Wouldn't Kirilenko have signed there immediately if there was something on the side? He clearly looked at other teams trying to get a better payday. When that dried up, he signed with a team that, on paper, has a chance to be a championship contender. I'm sure the relationship had an impact only on him taking less money, but if the Nets stunk, then I doubt Kirilenko takes a discount for them, Prokhorov or no Prokhorov.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

26. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Mood

NBA players leave 7-8mil per year on the table all the time, nothing new here. AK-47 has always been about the team, he don't need alittle coin. Bah

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    NBA players leave 7-8mil per year on the table all the time, nothing new here. AK-47 has always been about the team, he don't need alittle coin. Bah
    sorry what?
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    sorry what?
    Exactly! :-)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He didn't look better to me besides his body. He still can't go left and an awful defender with tunnel vision. He has to be able to finish through contact. Come back to me in 2 years he was a project and still is. I never liked him in college and will never like his style, but in 2 years I wouldn't be shocked if he is worthy of some PT. he shouldn't of played at all last year was no where near NBA ready. With the Pelicans roster I don't see him getting PT with how bad he was last year it's well deserved. He may need to be traded to get a chance. I am sure he will get one though injuries happen he needs to be ready. EDIT: I think they made a huge mistake last year giving him PT that he didn't earn. Sitting on the bench and learning the game is the best thing that can happen to him IMO. Giving a guy like him with so many flaws unearned PT will just ingrained bad habits. If there is no consequence he will never get better will just keep playing the same game.
    Yeah, good thing is his style can work with his current team, bad thing is they already have a guy that plays somewhat similar style wise in Eric Gordon. I think Gordon has so many attributes that are better than Rivers don't get me wrong, but I think they are comparable style wise. Also I will say this Rivers to me showed better vision, and decision making, one of his biggest problems was shot selection, and I think that is a reason why he shots so bad at times. As far as going left, it is something that is good to have, but honestly where he is right now, he knows how to make space and create for himself all while going right, so it is not as bad as it could be for a player who can't do the things he can do.

I agree also, he was a big project, and I think in his case giving him PT that wasn't earned was something that was a hinderance, but there are players that come in all the time and get PT that is not deserved in hopes of developing them, but I think it is harder to use this method with such a confident player. I expect him to be traded eventually as well by the way.
    Why so SERIOUS