Page 133 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Denver seems to find a way to make solid deals in FA
    "We want Miami"

Paul talks about how Larry walked in on practice, nailed 15 jumpers, and then just left.

The original BAMF

Larry Bird was known during his playing career for being a deadly shooter — check the video above to see him explain how he did it (with Dennis Johnson, Robert Parrish, Ralph Sampson and Red Auerbach alongside).

Bird’s been retired for two decades now, but my main man Nima Zarrabi at SLAM recently caught up with Pacers star Paul George, who relayed a story of current Pacers president Larry Bird stopping by practice and casually dropping a gauntlet…

SLAM: You rocked the Petros and Money radio show when you interviewed with them last year. I loved some of the things you had said about Larry Bird. How influential has he been on your growth?

PG: He’s had a lot of influence. Larry was the first person I really talked to when I was struggling in the Playoffs last year (2012) against Miami. We had at least a one-hour or two-hour phone convo about what I need to improve on, what areas I can get better at. How to attack, how to play within the team. He’s been someone in my corner during my career.

SLAM: I believe you had talked about seeing Larry shoot in the gym.

PG: He picked a ball up that had rolled over. He rolled up his sleeves and made about 15 in a row and just walked out like nothing just happened. It was the craziest thing I’ve seen.

SLAM: How did you and the rest of the team react?

PG: We were speechless. We didn’t know whether to keep shooting or just to end practice. It was sweet, man.

When you got it, you got it.
    http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2013/07...n-still-shoot/
    Last edited by ECKrueger; 07-22-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Bolded

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's friggin awesome!!

Banned

@sam_amick: Stating the obvious here, but new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly may have just landed best value contract of free agency season w/ Nate. Great deal

I agree.

Nuggets have an overload of point guards. Andre Miller is still there, right?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @sam_amick: Stating the obvious here, but new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly may have just landed best value contract of free agency season w/ Nate. Great deal

I agree.
    How much is Nate paying them?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Nuggets have an overload of point guards. Andre Miller is still there, right?
    Yup. It sucks more for the board's draft night favorite, Erick Green.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PritchSlap For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I was thinking about how this Free Agency has ended up....and came to the conclusion that there are ( at least ) 2 ways to look at how FOs goes into Free Agency.

Catagory 1 ) Teams appear to target SPECIFIC Players that they want and go after them early.

Catagory 2 ) Teams use a "wait and see" approach to see if the Market itself will slowly lower the Price of the Free Agents as time passes on.

The Pacers obviously fall into "Catagory 1" where they target Players that they want and simply make a serious run at them. As you can see, some Teams can find "bargain bin" Players in Free Agency.....like getting Nate at $2 mil for 1 year ( I am sure that he will OPT out next season )......but sometimes when a Team shops too long ( maybe hoping for someone good taking less than what you think you can get them at ), a Team can end up with getting the "least sought after" Free Agent.

Personally, I like that the Pacers pursue Free Agents....fast and early....cuz this tells me that they did their homework early, recognized their weaknesses, knew who they wanted to address those issues and simply went after them. But then I can see some arguments suggesting that we could have gotten "supposedly" better Free Agents at the same position at a better price.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-22-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    How much is Nate paying them?
    $2 mil this season and the same next season but with a Player Option.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

I agree.
    Great value for what he can do.

Maybe he was asking for too much...and the Market finally pushed his asking price down, but you have to wonder why it took so long for a sparkplug like Nate to finally land with a team. He's a scoring Guard that can be an X-Factor on any Team ( whether it is good or bad ); yet other Guards like Bellineli, Farmar, Livingston and even DJ were able to secure contracts way earlier than he was able to.

Banned

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Pacer Paul George on Danny Granger: "He's getting shots up. He's able to move, work his knee. Everything is starting to come back for him."

Mood

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Pacer Paul George on Danny Granger: "He's getting shots up. He's able to move, work his knee. Everything is starting to come back for him."
    That sounds good!

New GM in Dallas. Interesting timing: after the draft and most of free agency has already happened.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Yahoo! Sports story: Will @Lakers appeal to LA-area native & @Pacers star Paul George? http://t.co/lWyyFTjdTi
    — Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 23, 2013

It's cool having a guy that's coveted I guess, but man this is gonna get annoying

from the story
    "I'm happy to be in Indiana," George said. "I'm happy to be where I am. If I was going to leave Indiana and come to the Lakers, it just wouldn't be a smart move for me. We got a great thing going right now."
    now shut up media.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yahoo! Sports story: Will @Lakers appeal to LA-area native & @Pacers star Paul George? http://t.co/lWyyFTjdTi

It's cool having a guy that's coveted I guess, but man this is gonna get annoying

from the story

now shut up media.
    You should tweet that 2nd part of your post to Spears so that the whole story can be told and not just part of it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    You should tweet that 2nd part of your post to Spears so that the whole story can be told and not just part of it.
    Don't be naive. Reporters already know that George isn't going to leave Indiana (and even if he did want to, there's still that whole RFA thing). Lakers + any young superstar = tons of guaranteed clicks though, so every reporter is going to play up that angle, all evidence to the contrary.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Sweet revenge. L.A. sucks and wants what we have.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

25. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Sweet revenge. L.A. sucks and wants what we have.
    Yeah, they'll win the lottery next year and everyone here will be screaming that they do things the right way and we should be just like them.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Don't be naive. Reporters already know that George isn't going to leave Indiana (and even if he did want to, there's still that whole RFA thing). Lakers + any young superstar = tons of guaranteed clicks though, so every reporter is going to play up that angle, all evidence to the contrary.
    Of course the reporters know this.....but problem is that the narrative is that PG would be willing to leave Indy for LaLaLand next season.

People that actually pay attention to the NBA know that PG can't and won't ( likely ) leave Indy ( for various reason ).....but to the casual fan that doesn't pay attention as closely as we do ( or actually reads PGs follow-up response where PG suggested that the Radio guy had continually pressed him on the same question over and over again until he simply gave the answer that he wanted ) ....they think that there is a chance that PG would actually force his way out of Indy ( while ignoring that he's a RFA and what that means ) cuz he worships Kobe.

The point of the tweet is not to tell Spears the "whole story"....but his naive Laker fans ( basically the "uneducated masses" ) that he's telling only part of the story ...and not the actual part that matters.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-23-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Pacers need to get PG the extension this summer. If they wait the season out then all the sudden the Lakers have permission to speak with him and start the courtship process. Sure we can match but what if PG publicly professes his love for the Lakers and starts dissing the Pacers. All the sudden you have an Eric Gordon situation. Uber talented player who is unhappy, and doesn't play up to any sort of expectations of his contract. Thats not good for the organization or ticket sales.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Pacers need to get PG the extension this summer. If they wait the season out then all the sudden the Lakers have permission to speak with him and start the courtship process. Sure we can match but what if PG publicly professes his love for the Lakers and starts dissing the Pacers. All the sudden you have an Eric Gordon situation. Uber talented player who is unhappy, and doesn't play up to any sort of expectations of his contract. Thats not good for the organization or ticket sales.
    Unless something seriously goes wrong with PGs relationship with the rest of the Team, Vogel, Bird and the FO ( which I think is unlikely ).....PG is a RFA...it's irrelevant if the Lakers ( much less any team ) talks to him. The Pacers will simply match any MAX offer that he gets.

The situation with PG and EJ are completely different. EJ was traded to a Team that he didn't really want to go. PG is ( as far as we know ) happy about playing in Indy and has shown nothing in regards to wanting to leave.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-23-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

from the story

now shut up media.
    It's the offseason and the media is very bored, but they still need to do their jobs.

It's all a load of

All its going to mean is absolute hilarity when Paul does exactly what we all know he is going to do.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post

Someone is going to get a nice player off the bench.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post: