Page 67 of 181 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

  1. #1651
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    I'm hearing both Scott Foster and Ken Mauer will re-sign with the Heat.

  2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #1652
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joakim Noah was playing on one foot against Lopez. And in limited minutes for the first 3 games.

    And Hibbert played against one healthy, legitimate center the entire postseason.

  4. #1653
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,082

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    "Sources say" Jarrett Jack wants 7 mil a year minimum

    http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2013...yre-not-alone/

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  6. #1654
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,210

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Erm that's quite some money. Is out there any 'top' team that has cap space? If not, he may find that money but will be stuck in a mediocre/bad team.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  7. #1655
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,301
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Not worth 7 mil a year.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:


  9. #1656
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    I'd put Jack on par with George Hill, so if $8M is deemed fair for Hill, then $7M seems fair for Jack.

  10. #1657

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Not worth 7 mil a year.

    He obviously has a different opinion about his worth than you. He got paid 5.5 mil this past year, and with the season he had this past year 7 mil is not unreasonable. I said b4 he'd not be looking for MLE money as it's a decrease in pay.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  12. #1658
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because you don't acknowledge his points, do not make them less valid. The assist to scoring numbers are quite eye popping. The shooting % on post moves is also telling. Again, whether you acknowledge it or not, does not matter. Not to mention, Gerald Wallace is horrible offensively now. You clearly haven't watched him much lately. Not average, not good, he's horrible offensively. Literally only 7 PPG on 39% shooting despite playing 31 MPG.

    As for your argument about his "domination" of the Heat. Well, he played them two times last season and averaged:

    14.5 PPG, 7 RPG, 1.5 APG, .568%, .5 steals, 2 blocks, 1 TO

    Small sample size, but lets not mistake Brook Lopez for Shaq any time soon.
    It's not eye popping at all when you realize the different sorts of offenses the two teams run. I have had to listen to Nuntius say we don't need a real point guard a hundred times. That George Hill is just fine because of the system we run not needing a more legit point man, then he gets to use that same argument in reverse talking about how nice it is to be utilizing an elite point guard distributing the ball. He doesn't get to have it both ways. Either we run a system that isn't about excellent distribution by a great guard, in which case it's by design that we don't get a ton of assisted buckets so that's a pointless comment, or we need a better point guard than George Hill -- which is a statement Nuntius will never commit to. It's easy to come into conversations and not understand there larger scope and think someone is being rude, but Nuntius makes it a point to go completely out of context to try and find obscure stats that "prove" his point, when the reality is if you start with the position of "the Pacers are great and their players do no wrong and have no weaknesses," you can find evidence of that in some number, somewhere. That isn't how stats are supposed to be used though. You don't start with a conclusion and look for evidence that agrees with you. Not if you are honest, anyway.

  13. #1659
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either we run a system that isn't about excellent distribution by a great guard, in which case it's by design that we don't get a ton of assisted buckets so that's a pointless comment, or we need a better point guard than George Hill
    No, he's trying to normalize the comparison between two players when their stats are being gained in two completely different systems.

    I don't see anything there as saying how much better Roy would be in the Nets' system, just that Roy can obviously play in EITHER system while it is by no means obvious that Lopez can.

    In all honesty, I find the Lopez side of the argument seems to be affected far more by the "He plays for a team NOT the Pacers, therefore he is better" than the Hibbert side of the argument is affected by the "He plays for the Pacers, therefore he is better" - other than the obvious point of which team got farther in the playoffs...
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  15. #1660
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,082

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    So Marcus Camby doesn't want to go back to Toronto, wants to end his career on a contender, so they're trying to flip him. I have no disillusions about Camby's corpse being a useful player at this point, but he's owed 4.3 mil this coming year and 4.1 the year after that, but the 2nd year is only guaranteed for 1 million. They have a ton of wings, but think we could flip Gerald Green for him?

  16. #1661
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Marcus Camby doesn't want to go back to Toronto, wants to end his career on a contender, so they're trying to flip him. I have no disillusions about Camby's corpse being a useful player at this point, but he's owed 4.3 mil this coming year and 4.1 the year after that, but the 2nd year is only guaranteed for 1 million. They have a ton of wings, but think we could flip Gerald Green for him?
    No.
    Grown Man Ball

  17. #1662

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Marcus Camby doesn't want to go back to Toronto, wants to end his career on a contender, so they're trying to flip him. I have no disillusions about Camby's corpse being a useful player at this point, but he's owed 4.3 mil this coming year and 4.1 the year after that, but the 2nd year is only guaranteed for 1 million. They have a ton of wings, but think we could flip Gerald Green for him?

    Interesting, but at this point I don't think you pay another team to take Green. Seriously, if the table was turned would you want to trade for Green? In all honesty, if the Pacers truly had the opportunity to tade Green with the #23 pick for Jimmer, they should never have thought twice about doing the deal. Then if had to have S Hill, trade up in the 2nd round to get him. Green is an albatross with no end in sight.

  18. #1663
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Maybe when Colangelo was running the show, but I don't think Ujiri would take Gerald Green.

  19. #1664

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting, but at this point I don't think you pay another team to take Green. Seriously, if the table was turned would you want to trade for Green? In all honesty, if the Pacers truly had the opportunity to tade Green with the #23 pick for Jimmer, they should never have thought twice about doing the deal. Then if had to have S Hill, trade up in the 2nd round to get him. Green is an albatross with no end in sight.
    Oh come on guys!

    The guy makes 3.5 million and you would think we were paying him Joe Johnson type money or if you want a better comparison Gerald Wallace.

    He is a bad but his contract isn't a albatross.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 07-02-2013 at 11:32 AM.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  21. #1665
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In all honesty, I find the Lopez side of the argument seems to be affected far more by the "He plays for a team NOT the Pacers, therefore he is better" than the Hibbert side of the argument is affected by the "He plays for the Pacers, therefore he is better" - other than the obvious point of which team got farther in the playoffs...
    If that's what you are reading than it's simply a product of woeful reading comprehension. No one has called Lopez better than Hibbert. A few people have said its a wash more or less, and most people have said Hibbert is a better overall player. Even I have said that. The -only- negative comparison in regard to Hibbert is that Lopez is better at putting the ball in the bucket, something he does more often, and at a higher percentage, while being the number 1 guy in a better offense. If you can't follow that, I don't know what to tell you, it can't be written any more simply.

  22. #1666
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting, but at this point I don't think you pay another team to take Green. Seriously, if the table was turned would you want to trade for Green? In all honesty, if the Pacers truly had the opportunity to tade Green with the #23 pick for Jimmer, they should never have thought twice about doing the deal. Then if had to have S Hill, trade up in the 2nd round to get him. Green is an albatross with no end in sight.
    Bit of an exaggeration I'd say. $3.5 million dollars a year is less than what Hansbrough made last year. And the end is in sight, it's 2015 (at worst).
    Grown Man Ball

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  24. #1667
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also discounting Gerald Wallace's offensive game is foolish. He took a smaller role because he had excellent options ahead of him in Lopez and Williams, but he is not a scrub by any measure. Dude has scored 15 ppg or more in 8, EIGHT seasons. EIGHT seasons of 15+ ppg, guy has no offense. Right. What a joke of a comment, you are making it harder for me to take you seriously when you state things that show you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Gerald Wallace used to be a good offensive player. But he isn't anymore. 7.7 PPG on 39.7% shooting makes him an offensive liability. If you are not biased it's easy to see that his offensive game has waned to the point that he's a liability on that end similarly to Artest in the 10-11 and 11-12 seasons.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You successfully drilled exactly 0 holes. Excellent work. Brook Lopez got to play Chicago in the playoffs, one of the toughest interior defenses in the league, and STILL out produced Hibbert's vaunted Miami series... a team with exactly 0 interior defense. Lopez would average 30 a game in a Miami series. (though the Nets would still lose).

    If Lopez were on our team he would be the number 1 option. Hibbert is on our team, he is the number 4 option. No GM or coach in the league is more scared of Hibbert's offensive game relative to Lopez's. No coach is shaking in his boots at the thought of Hibbert dropping 40 on them. His career high is 30... Lopez has gone over 30 fifteen plus times. I'm done with this...you have no argument and homers gonna home.

    The question isn't who is a better player, it's who's better on offense. If Hibbert can be consistent he is the better overall player, but there is absolutely no argument for him being the better OFFENSIVE player. Bring a better argument next time.
    Lopez wouldn't be the number 1 option on our team. Paul George would still be the number 1 option on our team and chances are that David West would be the number 2 option due to his experience.

    Lopez does score on a higher volume than Hibbert. I never claimed that he doesn't. But does scoring in a higher volume makes one player a better OFFENSIVE player?

    Who can create his own shot the most? Who can create shots for others the most?

    The answer in both of those questions is Hibbert. That's what the stats (basketball reference) prove.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...lopezbr01.html

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hibbero01.html

    Hibbert has lower usage throughout his career (22.5% versus 25%) but assists in a much higher rate (10.9% vs 8.5%). And as I noticed in my previous shots Hibbert creates his own baskets more often than Lopez. In other words, Hibbert does not need someone else to create his shots for him. He can do it himself.

    We saw the value that a big that can create his own shot has against the New York Knicks. During the season, several posters wished that we had Tyson Chandler instead of Roy Hibbert because Tyson scored a lot more efficiently, pulled down double digit boards and played "equal" defense with Roy. I kept saying that Hibbert is way more valuable because he can create his own shot but most people didn't care and kept wishing for Chandler. Hey, I remember that I was arguing with you about it as well (although you didn't wish for Chandler per se)

    What happened in the IND - NYK series? Tyson Chandler got exposed badly by Hibbert. Tyson averaged 6.2 PPG on 53.6% shooting and 6 RPG. Every starting Pacer except George Hill outrebounded him in the series. Tyson couldn't keep up with Hibbert offensively, defensively or on the boards.

    Why did this happen? Because Chandler's scoring is entirely dependant on the rest of his team. He only scores at the rim after dump off passes or alley-oops or after offensive boards. He doesn't have any other scoring methods.

    Brook Lopez is no Tyson Chandler, of course. He actually has offensive skills and can score away from the basket. But still, Lopez's scoring relies on the rest of his team a lot more than Hibbert's. As I said, during the playoffs Lopez was assisted in 70.7% of his baskets. Hibbert was assisted in 50% of his baskets. That's a huge difference, my friend. Being able to get off your own shot without relying on your teammates is a huge asset for a big. Hibbert has it. Most other bigs do not have it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. #1668
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    We aren't friends, Nuntius. I can't decide if you are purposefully obtuse or genuinely deluded with the dishonesty of your arguments and inability to maintain context, but I just don't value our exchanges anymore as I simply don't respect you or your opinions any longer. I'm going to put you on ignore.

    I know the average BBIQ of this board has dropped a lot with the reduced contribitions from Count, JayRedd, Tbird, Chicago J, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but I can't believe such a simple statement as the offensively oriented all star center is a better offensive player than the defensively oriented one. I'm genuinely disheartened with the (lack of) quality on this board lately.

  26. #1669

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Lopez wouldn't be the number 1 option on our team. Paul George would still be the number 1 option on our team and chances are that David West would be the number 2 option due to his experience.

    Lopez does score on a higher volume than Hibbert. I never claimed that he doesn't. But does scoring in a higher volume makes one player a better OFFENSIVE player?

    Who can create his own shot the most? Who can create shots for others the most?

    The answer in both of those questions is Hibbert. That's what the stats (basketball reference) prove.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...lopezbr01.html

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hibbero01.html

    Hibbert has lower usage throughout his career (22.5% versus 25%) but assists in a much higher rate (10.9% vs 8.5%). And as I noticed in my previous shots Hibbert creates his own baskets more often than Lopez. In other words, Hibbert does not need someone else to create his shots for him. He can do it himself.

    We saw the value that a big that can create his own shot has against the New York Knicks. During the season, several posters wished that we had Tyson Chandler instead of Roy Hibbert because Tyson scored a lot more efficiently, pulled down double digit boards and played "equal" defense with Roy. I kept saying that Hibbert is way more valuable because he can create his own shot but most people didn't care and kept wishing for Chandler. Hey, I remember that I was arguing with you about it as well (although you didn't wish for Chandler per se)

    What happened in the IND - NYK series? Tyson Chandler got exposed badly by Hibbert. Tyson averaged 6.2 PPG on 53.6% shooting and 6 RPG. Every starting Pacer except George Hill outrebounded him in the series. Tyson couldn't keep up with Hibbert offensively, defensively or on the boards.

    Why did this happen? Because Chandler's scoring is entirely dependant on the rest of his team. He only scores at the rim after dump off passes or alley-oops or after offensive boards. He doesn't have any other scoring methods.

    Brook Lopez is no Tyson Chandler, of course. He actually has offensive skills and can score away from the basket. But still, Lopez's scoring relies on the rest of his team a lot more than Hibbert's. As I said, during the playoffs Lopez was assisted in 70.7% of his baskets. Hibbert was assisted in 50% of his baskets. That's a huge difference, my friend. Being able to get off your own shot without relying on your teammates is a huge asset for a big. Hibbert has it. Most other bigs do not have it.
    Don't worry Nuntius we can be friends.

    The assisted numbers remind me of the same argument that people had with liking Humphries over West. They simply didn't evaluate offensive system and the lil point of playing with an all star point guard.

    I still think Brook Lopez would be a efficent player in a different system but he wouldn't be as efficient on the offensive end.

  27. #1670

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh come on guys!

    The guy makes 3.5 million and you would think we were paying him Joe Johnson type money or if you want a better comparison Gerald Wallace.

    He is a bad but his contract isn't a albatross.

    They aren't Pacers affecting what the Pacers can do where as Green is. Green's 3.5 mil hinders what you can do in re-signing players. That 3.5 mil could make a difference in being able to keep a player or what you can offer a player next year. There is nothing positive paying 3.5 mil for a towel waving end of the bench player who can't play worth a hoot.

  28. #1671
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We aren't friends, Nuntius. I can't decide if you are purposefully obtuse or genuinely deluded with the dishonesty of your arguments and inability to maintain context, but I just don't value our exchanges anymore as I simply don't respect you or your opinions any longer. I'm going to put you on ignore.

    I know the average BBIQ of this board has dropped a lot with the reduced contribitions from Count, JayRedd, Tbird, Chicago J, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but I can't believe such a simple statement as the offensively oriented all star center is a better offensive player than the defensively oriented one. I'm genuinely disheartened with the (lack of) quality on this board lately.

  29. #1672

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They aren't Pacers affecting what the Pacers can do where as Green is. Green's 3.5 mil hinders what you can do in re-signing players. That 3.5 mil could make a difference in being able to keep a player or what you can offer a player next year. There is nothing positive paying 3.5 mil for a towel waving end of the bench player who can't play worth a hoot.
    I am not saying there is anything positive about it but its not like other well run teams haven't made similar mistakes. Think of another former Net (Richard Jefferson) and the Spurs.

    My objection to all crying about Green is simply that its not as bad as you would have us believe. Is it good? I don't think you could find one poster to say that it was a good signing now but its not a major mistake (yet). It does have the potential to cost us Lance but I will wait another year to decide how bad it really was in the end. Sometimes you have to chalk on up as a bad fit which is what I am doing with Green.

    Put him on a run and gun team and he wouldn't be as bad of a signing IMO.

  30. #1673

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Bit of an exaggeration I'd say. $3.5 million dollars a year is less than what Hansbrough made last year. And the end is in sight, it's 2015 (at worst).
    Yeah, maybe a bit of an over exaggeration in that it's not a Murphleavy albatross contract. I should have just said it's a poor contract that hinders in regards to how much money the Pacers have to work with. 2015 is too long to have to keep Green on the books and too far in the distance to have to wait to unload him.

  31. #1674
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,708

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    on the Lopez-Hibbert debate, you also need to take into account that Lopez has Deron Williams creating shots for him, while Hibbert has George Hill creating shots for him, no offense to Hill, but defenses don't pay as much attention to Hill as they do Williams

  32. #1675
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,583

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013



  33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Off season Rumors and Speculation
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4445
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  2. 2012-2013 Season
    By Jose Slaughter in forum ABA League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 07:11 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. Donnie Walsh to Talk About the Tmac Rumors on the News Tonight.
    By TheSauceMaster in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •