Page 66 of 181 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 4504

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

  1. #1626
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,566

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling Gordon's contract toxic is a bit steep. Perhaps in NOLA, where he clearly stated he did not want to be beforehand.
    You don't consider a contract for a Player that has only played 42 games last year at $14+ mil a year 2 Year ( 3rd Player Option ) contract toxic? I consider it big enough to scare a lot of Teams away.....especially given whatever injury concerns that he has.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  3. #1627
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,566

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwight! Be a Rocket, you can play with Mike Dunleavy!
    Well, if that doesn't sell D12 on being a Rocket....I don't know what could
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #1628
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwight! Be a Rocket, you can play with Mike Dunleavy!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  6. #1629
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    That's about exactly how I'd expect Mike Dunleavy fanboys to act and look

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  8. #1630
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trouble with a statement like that is that there is a reason people are the number 1 or number 3 or number 5 option. Yes, Lopez took more shots per game than Roy, but a lot of that is BECAUSE he's a better option offensively than Roy, he was higher in Brooklyn's pecking order than Roy was in Indiana's, and he was higher while Brooklyn was a better offensive team to begin with. Brooklyn and Indiana had virtually the same pace played last year (92.8 verse 91.2, two of the slowest paces in the league), and Brook *did* take ~4 more shots per game than Roy, however Brooklyn's offense was significantly more efficient than ours (105 verse 101.6). What this amounts to is Brook is capable of being the centerpiece of a top 10 NBA offense, while Roy was the fourth option in an average to below average offense.

    Essentially when you make a statement like "if he got more shots he would have scored more," you are placing the egg before the chicken, mistaking cause and effect -- he got less shots for a reason.
    I thought a good deal of the reason Roy got fewer shots was that the guards had trouble making entry passes. That was a topic of discussion many times this past season.

    Both of the players shoot close to 50%, so if Roy gets as many shots as Lopez (being 4 more per game),and converts at his usual rate, their scoring averages are almost equal.

    Ah well, in any case, both teams should be happy they have these guys.

  9. #1631
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't consider a contract for a Player that has only played 42 games last year at $14+ mil a year 2 Year ( 3rd Player Option ) contract toxic? I consider it big enough to scare a lot of Teams away.....especially given whatever injury concerns that he has.
    Because he was hurt? Is Derrick Rose' contract toxic? Better player but out longer, makes significantly more.

    His contract doesn't help his value but he still has value.

  10. #1632
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought a good deal of the reason Roy got fewer shots was that the guards had trouble making entry passes. That was a topic of discussion many times this past season.

    Both of the players shoot close to 50%, so if Roy gets as many shots as Lopez (being 4 more per game),and converts at his usual rate, their scoring averages are almost equal.

    Ah well, in any case, both teams should be happy they have these guys.

    Let's be honest here... Brook shot 52% and Roy shot 45% last season... that's a huge difference. For his career, Roy is about a 48% shooter from the field, and Lopez has never been lower than 49%. I think it's very clear which of the two is a better scorer. I love Roy, and I think he's better at basically everything else, but there's no question that Lopez is a more efficient and prolific scorer.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  12. #1633
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,566

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because he was hurt? Is Derrick Rose' contract toxic? Better player but out longer, makes significantly more.

    His contract doesn't help his value but he still has value.
    I wasn't suggesting that he doesn't have value....I'm saying that his contract coupled with the 51 total games that he has played over the last 2 years could be viewed as being a strong deterrant for many Teams.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-01-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #1634
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Mike Dunleavy has gone ahead and verbally committed to sign two-year, $6M deal with Bulls, according to sources with knowledge of the deal
    "We want Miami"

  14. #1635

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Mike Dunleavy has gone ahead and verbally committed to sign two-year, $6M deal with Bulls, according to sources with knowledge of the deal
    good, solid bench player, but man i dislike him

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  16. #1636
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Michael Lee ‏@MrMichaelLee

    Source: Former VCU star Eric Maynor has agreed to a deal with the #wizards. Terms not disclosed but it is a "multi-year" deal.
    "We want Miami"

  17. #1637
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,252
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't consider a contract for a Player that has only played 42 games last year at $14+ mil a year 2 Year ( 3rd Player Option ) contract toxic? I consider it big enough to scare a lot of Teams away.....especially given whatever injury concerns that he has.
    If that is true, where does that put Danny Granger?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  18. #1638
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,809
    Mood

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is true, where does that put Danny Granger?
    We stuck with Danny. Doesn't mean to buy in on a contract that's for a player that can't stay on the floor.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  19. #1639
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,809
    Mood

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Mike Dunleavy has gone ahead and verbally committed to sign two-year, $6M deal with Bulls, according to sources with knowledge of the deal
    Does Thib's know this crap? He must be on vacation!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  20. #1640
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,393

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...ler-hansbrough

    While the Pacers are hoping a cost-efficient Hansbrough will help stabilize things on the bench, they'd also like Hill to become an integral part of the revamped bench. Hill fits a model Bird prefers -- a four-year college player with a reputation for being a team player and a gym rat.

    Last season, Hill finished as Arizona's second-leading scorer (13.4 points) and second-leading rebounder (5.3). He considered leaving school a year early before opting to return for his senior year, saying he didn't want to finish college after a first-round NIT loss. He's also a solid defender and the scouting report says he can shoot 3-pointers, too.

    When asked to define a successful rookie season for Hill, Vogel responded with three words: "Winning a championship."

  21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  22. #1641
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,972

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trouble with a statement like that is that there is a reason people are the number 1 or number 3 or number 5 option. Yes, Lopez took more shots per game than Roy, but a lot of that is BECAUSE he's a better option offensively than Roy, he was higher in Brooklyn's pecking order than Roy was in Indiana's, and he was higher while Brooklyn was a better offensive team to begin with. Brooklyn and Indiana had virtually the same pace played last year (92.8 verse 91.2, two of the slowest paces in the league), and Brook *did* take ~4 more shots per game than Roy, however Brooklyn's offense was significantly more efficient than ours (105 verse 101.6). What this amounts to is Brook is capable of being the centerpiece of a top 10 NBA offense, while Roy was the fourth option in an average to below average offense.

    Essentially when you make a statement like "if he got more shots he would have scored more," you are placing the egg before the chicken, mistaking cause and effect -- he got less shots for a reason.
    Ah, Dece. You're still at it. Glad to see that the sig hasn't changed you

    Aight, let's drill some holes in your theory:

    1) Brooklyn started Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans. Both of them are almost a liability on the offensive end and they rarely shot the ball. Gerald Wallace attempted 6.6 shots per game and Reggie Evans attempted 3.3 shots per game. So, when the Nets wanted to go inside they were forced to go to Lopez. We weren't forced to go to Hibbert when we wanted to go inside. We had West as well.

    We will see if Lopez atempts the same number of shots now that the Nets have Pierce and Garnett. My guess is that his shot attempts fall significantly unless the Nets let go of Blatche that took some shots as a big off the bench.

    2) As always you're missing an important point. How often was Brook Lopez assisted in his baskets? In other words, how often did he create his own shot?

    Brook Lopez was assisted in 356 of his 570 baskets this season. That's a 62.5% percentage. In the playoffs, 70.% of his baskets were assisted. Hibbert on the other hand was assisted in 52.5% of his baskets during the regular season. In the playoffs, only 50% of his baskets were assisted.

    Why did this happen? Well, there are several reason. One reason is that the Nets have a superior playmaking PG in Deron Williams. Another reason is that Brook Lopez is a superior shooter for a big making him an ideal target for the Pick and Pop. But the most important reason is that Hibbert is a superior post player than Lopez. Lopez can play in the post. He knows how to play ball and he isn't a stiff. But Hibbert is simply a superior post player. He attempted hook shots at a higher volume and scored on way better efficiency at them (61.2% versus 46.6%).

    I don't know how many times I have to tell this but it's of vital importance that your big can create his own shot. Lopez can certainly do it as well but Hibbert has shown that he's better at it than him.

    Also what did the two players do in the playoffs?

    Lopez: 22.3 PPG on 47.2% shooting (an impressive 1/1 from 3 and 88.6% from the FT line), 7.4 RPG, 3 BPG, 1.4 APG.

    Hibbert: 17 PPG on 51.1% shooting (80.6% from the FT line), 9.9 RPG, 1.9 BPG, 1.4 APG.

    What did Hibbert do in the Miami series when we needed him the most?

    22.1 PPG on 55.7% shooting (80.4% from the FT line), 10.4 RPG, 1 BPG, 1 APG.

    So, yeah..

    People may say that Hibbert has not shot 50% for a full season in his career yet (49.7% and 49.5% come pretty close but whatever). Want to know what I answer to this? Hibbert shot 50% in last year's playoffs and 51.1% in this year's playoffs. When it mattered the most.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  24. #1642
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,566

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is true, where does that put Danny Granger?
    Difficult to move.....but easier to move cuz he's a very big Expiring contract compared to EJs 2 ( maybe 3 year ) Contract.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. #1643
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,120
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...ler-hansbrough

    While the Pacers are hoping a cost-efficient Hansbrough will help stabilize things on the bench, they'd also like Hill to become an integral part of the revamped bench. Hill fits a model Bird prefers -- a four-year college player with a reputation for being a team player and a gym rat.

    Last season, Hill finished as Arizona's second-leading scorer (13.4 points) and second-leading rebounder (5.3). He considered leaving school a year early before opting to return for his senior year, saying he didn't want to finish college after a first-round NIT loss. He's also a solid defender and the scouting report says he can shoot 3-pointers, too.

    When asked to define a successful rookie season for Hill, Vogel responded with three words: "Winning a championship."
    Well the Summer League championship is on July 12th, so I hope he can help win that...
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  26. #1644
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,120
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Mike Dunleavy has gone ahead and verbally committed to sign two-year, $6M deal with Bulls, according to sources with knowledge of the deal
    So in 2 years, it'll be a battle between Cleveland and Detroit as to who gets Dunleavy. He's being tossed around the central division.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  27. #1645

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't it help the Pacers cap wise if they sign the bench players they want before re-signing West?
    no, this particular issue has been addressed by the cap holds.

  28. #1646
    Member DavisBoyz3233's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    indy
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Give me our original starting 5 a bench of CJ, OJ, Lance, Copeland, and Mahimi. Hill probably wont get much PT being a rookie as we never really play our rookies their first year. Lance of course grabbing the most minutes replacing PG and DG and winning the 6th man of the year. That's 10 deep easily for us then we have Hill and Plumlee to round out our squad at 12. Giving us the option to carry 3 more guys if needed.

    oops forgot about Gerald Green just like everybody else. He will look good in a suit.
    Last edited by DavisBoyz3233; 07-01-2013 at 10:22 PM.

  29. #1647
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, Dece. You're still at it. Glad to see that the sig hasn't changed you

    Aight, let's drill some holes in your theory:

    1) Brooklyn started Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans. Both of them are almost a liability on the offensive end and they rarely shot the ball. Gerald Wallace attempted 6.6 shots per game and Reggie Evans attempted 3.3 shots per game. So, when the Nets wanted to go inside they were forced to go to Lopez. We weren't forced to go to Hibbert when we wanted to go inside. We had West as well.

    We will see if Lopez atempts the same number of shots now that the Nets have Pierce and Garnett. My guess is that his shot attempts fall significantly unless the Nets let go of Blatche that took some shots as a big off the bench.

    2) As always you're missing an important point. How often was Brook Lopez assisted in his baskets? In other words, how often did he create his own shot?

    Brook Lopez was assisted in 356 of his 570 baskets this season. That's a 62.5% percentage. In the playoffs, 70.% of his baskets were assisted. Hibbert on the other hand was assisted in 52.5% of his baskets during the regular season. In the playoffs, only 50% of his baskets were assisted.

    Why did this happen? Well, there are several reason. One reason is that the Nets have a superior playmaking PG in Deron Williams. Another reason is that Brook Lopez is a superior shooter for a big making him an ideal target for the Pick and Pop. But the most important reason is that Hibbert is a superior post player than Lopez. Lopez can play in the post. He knows how to play ball and he isn't a stiff. But Hibbert is simply a superior post player. He attempted hook shots at a higher volume and scored on way better efficiency at them (61.2% versus 46.6%).

    I don't know how many times I have to tell this but it's of vital importance that your big can create his own shot. Lopez can certainly do it as well but Hibbert has shown that he's better at it than him.

    Also what did the two players do in the playoffs?

    Lopez: 22.3 PPG on 47.2% shooting (an impressive 1/1 from 3 and 88.6% from the FT line), 7.4 RPG, 3 BPG, 1.4 APG.

    Hibbert: 17 PPG on 51.1% shooting (80.6% from the FT line), 9.9 RPG, 1.9 BPG, 1.4 APG.

    What did Hibbert do in the Miami series when we needed him the most?

    22.1 PPG on 55.7% shooting (80.4% from the FT line), 10.4 RPG, 1 BPG, 1 APG.

    So, yeah..

    People may say that Hibbert has not shot 50% for a full season in his career yet (49.7% and 49.5% come pretty close but whatever). Want to know what I answer to this? Hibbert shot 50% in last year's playoffs and 51.1% in this year's playoffs. When it mattered the most.
    You successfully drilled exactly 0 holes. Excellent work. Brook Lopez got to play Chicago in the playoffs, one of the toughest interior defenses in the league, and STILL out produced Hibbert's vaunted Miami series... a team with exactly 0 interior defense. Lopez would average 30 a game in a Miami series. (though the Nets would still lose). Also discounting Gerald Wallace's offensive game is foolish. He took a smaller role because he had excellent options ahead of him in Lopez and Williams, but he is not a scrub by any measure. Dude has scored 15 ppg or more in 8, EIGHT seasons. EIGHT seasons of 15+ ppg, guy has no offense. Right. What a joke of a comment, you are making it harder for me to take you seriously when you state things that show you have no idea what you are talking about. If Lopez were on our team he would be the number 1 option. Hibbert is on our team, he is the number 4 option. No GM or coach in the league is more scared of Hibbert's offensive game relative to Lopez's. No coach is shaking in his boots at the thought of Hibbert dropping 40 on them. His career high is 30... Lopez has gone over 30 fifteen plus times. I'm done with this...you have no argument and homers gonna home.

    The question isn't who is a better player, it's who's better on offense. If Hibbert can be consistent he is the better overall player, but there is absolutely no argument for him being the better OFFENSIVE player. Bring a better argument next time.

  30. #1648

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You successfully drilled exactly 0 holes. Excellent work. Brook Lopez got to play Chicago in the playoffs, one of the toughest interior defenses in the league, and STILL out produced Hibbert's vaunted Miami series... a team with exactly 0 interior defense. Lopez would average 30 a game in a Miami series. (though the Nets would still lose). Also discounting Gerald Wallace's offensive game is foolish. He took a smaller role because he had excellent options ahead of him in Lopez and Williams, but he is not a scrub by any measure. Dude has scored 15 ppg or more in 8, EIGHT seasons. EIGHT seasons of 15+ ppg, guy has no offense. Right. What a joke of a comment, you are making it harder for me to take you seriously when you state things that show you have no idea what you are talking about. If Lopez were on our team he would be the number 1 option. Hibbert is on our team, he is the number 4 option. No GM or coach in the league is more scared of Hibbert's offensive game relative to Lopez's. No coach is shaking in his boots at the thought of Hibbert dropping 40 on them. His career high is 30... Lopez has gone over 30 fifteen plus times. I'm done with this...you have no argument and homers gonna home.

    The question isn't who is a better player, it's who's better on offense. If Hibbert can be consistent he is the better overall player, but there is absolutely no argument for him being the better OFFENSIVE player. Bring a better argument next time.

    Just because you don't acknowledge his points, do not make them less valid. The assist to scoring numbers are quite eye popping. The shooting % on post moves is also telling. Again, whether you acknowledge it or not, does not matter. Not to mention, Gerald Wallace is horrible offensively now. You clearly haven't watched him much lately. Not average, not good, he's horrible offensively. Literally only 7 PPG on 39% shooting despite playing 31 MPG.

    As for your argument about his "domination" of the Heat. Well, he played them two times last season and averaged:

    14.5 PPG, 7 RPG, 1.5 APG, .568%, .5 steals, 2 blocks, 1 TO

    Small sample size, but lets not mistake Brook Lopez for Shaq any time soon.

  31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:


  32. #1649
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Joakim Noah was playing on one foot against Lopez. And in limited minutes for the first 3 games.

  33. #1650

    Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You successfully drilled exactly 0 holes. Excellent work. Brook Lopez got to play Chicago in the playoffs, one of the toughest interior defenses in the league, and STILL out produced Hibbert's vaunted Miami series... a team with exactly 0 interior defense. Lopez would average 30 a game in a Miami series. (though the Nets would still lose). Also discounting Gerald Wallace's offensive game is foolish. He took a smaller role because he had excellent options ahead of him in Lopez and Williams, but he is not a scrub by any measure. Dude has scored 15 ppg or more in 8, EIGHT seasons. EIGHT seasons of 15+ ppg, guy has no offense. Right. What a joke of a comment, you are making it harder for me to take you seriously when you state things that show you have no idea what you are talking about. If Lopez were on our team he would be the number 1 option. Hibbert is on our team, he is the number 4 option. No GM or coach in the league is more scared of Hibbert's offensive game relative to Lopez's. No coach is shaking in his boots at the thought of Hibbert dropping 40 on them. His career high is 30... Lopez has gone over 30 fifteen plus times. I'm done with this...you have no argument and homers gonna home.

    The question isn't who is a better player, it's who's better on offense. If Hibbert can be consistent he is the better overall player, but there is absolutely no argument for him being the better OFFENSIVE player. Bring a better argument next time.
    There is no need to be rude to what I thought was a thoughtful argument.

    And no one is afraid of Brooke Lopez either, although I do agree he is better offensively (but not in the low post, where Hibbert's value shines in today's NBA).

    In truth, I don't think Lopez would've done as well as Hibbert against the Heat because Lopez is much more of a face-the-basket player. Bosh IMO would've done a much better job against that compared to the *****-making he received from Hibbert. Likewise, the Bulls likely would've contained Hibbert better than Lopez. Just match-ups, like usual.
    Last edited by kidthecat; 07-01-2013 at 11:34 PM.

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Off season Rumors and Speculation
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4445
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  2. 2012-2013 Season
    By Jose Slaughter in forum ABA League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 07:11 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. Donnie Walsh to Talk About the Tmac Rumors on the News Tonight.
    By TheSauceMaster in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •