Page 1 of 181 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Default Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Just like last year this is the place to post and read rumors, and news, etc. Anything Pacers related.

Here's 2 From Hoopshype.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

George is a confident guy. He’s hopeful of getting a maximum contract whenever he signs his next deal. “I would hope, George said. “I would hope. Max guys get the job done at this time (the playoffs).’’ George, making $2.6 million this season and $3.3 million next season, could sign an maximum extension this summer with the Pacers that could start at around $14 million for 2014-15. But he stopped short of saying he wants to get his deal done this offseason. “I haven’t really put my mind to that right now,’’ said George, who would become a restricted free agent in 2014 if he doesn't sign an extension this offseason. “I really want to focus on what’s at the plate now." FOXSports Florida
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#LsoDF3GQY6h0L02O.99

When asked following Game 7 if he’d thought about where he’d like to play next season, West made it as clear as possible that the Pacers will be his first, and possibly only choice. “That’s something I’ll sit down and discuss, but this is my group,” West said. “These are my guys. You know, I can’t see myself going anywhere else. We’re the second best team in the Eastern Conference, one of the top four teams in the league, in my estimation, based on this year. “This group is a solid group,” he added. “Gives me as an individual the best chance to accomplish the goals that I have left in terms of my future, and that’s competing at this stage of the game every single year from here on out.” NBCSports.com
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#LsoDF3GQY6h0L02O.99

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc.

According to [Gani] Lawal's agent, Dan Curtin, the Knicks are "interested" in Lawal and will likely work him out after he finishes the season with Virtus Roma in the top division of the Italian league. Curtin said he could envision a one-year contract at the minimum level with an NBA team. At this point, Lawal has three workouts confirmed -- with the Magic, Pacers and Raptors -- and he's expecting about five more, including the Knicks. The team's director of European scouting, Kevin Wilson, has watched Lawal play in person, Curtin said. Wilson, who is well-respected throughout the NBA, helped discover Pablo Prigioni and Chris Copeland. ESPN NY

Lawal -- who played with the Knicks' Iman Shumpert at Georgia Tech from 2008-10 -- could be the Knicks' next international gem, as he does exactly what the team was missing against the Pacers in the second round of the playoffs. "I like to play physical, I like to rebound, I like to finish strong, I like to get in there and bump and grind," said the 6-foot-9 Lawal, who's focused on improving his midrange jump shot. "When I go on the court, I just try to be a beast and dominate, get every rebound I can. Plus, I can run, I'm quick off my feet and I'm a fighter at the end of the day. I've been around, man. I'm young, but I consider myself seasoned." ESPN NY
    Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...GJDHmgCYo3C.99

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Bucks backcourt appears ready for a makeover:

Starting shooting guard Monte Ellis has an opt-out clause in his contract and has told associates he’s bolting Milwaukee. Ellis’ backup, J.J. Redick, is an unrestricted free agent and appears destined for another city, also.

Brandon Jennings, the Bucks’ starting point guard, is a restricted free agent. And while the Bucks can match any offer by another team for Jennings, they may not want to retain him, especially after Jennings said he “wasn’t sure” he wanted to remain with the team after its last playoff game against Miami.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/baske...a4bcf887a.html

Redick could be a fit for us, depending on the price tag, IMO
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Default Re: Off Season News, Rumors, and Trades, etc. 2013

Gani Lawal could be a cheap option if they let Tyler walk, i still say sign Foye and bring Granger back and move Stephensom to bench

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

J.R. Smith has opted out of his contract also, still expected to return to NYK though
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 06-04-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ellis/Reddick would be a lovely option off the bench. (I know Ellis in unpopular)

I'd also think Jennings would be fun as **** here. It won't happen by any means, but bring him in bring another dimension. Hill can be backup/shooting guard with Lance as backup point/ shooting guard. Just fun to picture the possibilities, oh well. Reddick would seriously be a nice scoring option for the Bench though man.

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ellis/Reddick would be a lovely option off the bench. (I know Ellis in unpopular)

I'd also think Jennings would be fun as **** here. It won't happen by any means, but bring him in bring another dimension. Hill can be backup/shooting guard with Lance as backup point/ shooting guard. Just fun to picture the possibilities, oh well. Reddick would seriously be a nice scoring option for the Bench though man.
    Nothing more fun than a PG who shoots under 40%.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Nothing more fun than a PG who shoots under 40%.
    a fair enough stat to fear except I don't. We don't need to keep getting point guards who are great shooters. This guy can create opening for everyone on this team with his vision and ball handling skills. He averages 2 TO's a game, I'll take it. 7 assists per game? Yeah not bad, I bet that increases with Danny Granger, George Hill, and Paul George shooting the ball and not to mention easy lob ins to West and Hibbert. Plus the hype around a player adding to this fan base that is already back? I still think it would be fun

If I played for the bucks I'd probably chuck up shots too, he shoots 39% and averages 17.5 a game. I think being on a crappy team has something to do with that just a little bit.

Don't forget. Houston wants to shed Thomas Robinson's salary.

Pacers should really go after that deal. Also, they should try to also get Beverly or Brooks to be the new backup pg. They have 3 solid pgs on their roster. I doubt they keep all 3 for next season.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

From ESPN: Granger's role next season
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=9018

"I expect to be back in the starting lineup," Granger told The Indianapolis Star. "We really didn’t have a drop off from the team before in this team. We lost to the Heat again and my role is kind of secondary to my health."
    I think Granger off the bench would be more beneficial than Lance.

Now really free Lance!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    From ESPN: Granger's role next season
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=9018

I think Granger off the bench would be more beneficial than Lance.
    Disagree, Lance is perfect for the bench because he is a playmaker who can help every bench player get open looks, Granger is a scorer and he will get better looks in the starting lineup than the Bench

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Disagree, Lance is perfect for the bench because he is a playmaker who can help every bench player get open looks, Granger is a scorer and he will get better looks in the starting lineup than the Bench
    You are proving my point. Hibbs and PG are gonna be the main options. You still have West and Hill that are gonna get their points. Lance hasn't shown he can be a scorer. He's a good fit to start since he isn't looking to score. The bench has an issue with scoring that Granger can solve.

Plus, I'm not sure they move PG back to starting SG. He's definitely a SF.

Now really free Lance!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

You are proving my point. Hibbs and PG are gonna be the main options. You still have West and Hill that are gonna get their points. Lance hasn't shown he can be a scorer. He's a good fit to start since he isn't looking to score. The bench has an issue with scoring that Granger can solve.

Plus, I'm not sure they move PG back to starting SG. He's definitely a SF.
    I think they can easily have Granger play SG and George play SF, Stephenson can score the ball, and with an offseason of work,it's not out of the question to expect him to come back better in that area, and off the bench he brings so much energy into the game, don't forget when Granger started we were the best starting lineup in the NBA, I'm not sure about the stats now but I dont think this years starting lineup was the best, it's a good problem to have though

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Bucks backcourt appears ready for a makeover:

Starting shooting guard Monte Ellis has an opt-out clause in his contract and has told associates he’s bolting Milwaukee. Ellis’ backup, J.J. Redick, is an unrestricted free agent and appears destined for another city, also.

Brandon Jennings, the Bucks’ starting point guard, is a restricted free agent. And while the Bucks can match any offer by another team for Jennings, they may not want to retain him, especially after Jennings said he “wasn’t sure” he wanted to remain with the team after its last playoff game against Miami.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/baske...a4bcf887a.html

Redick could be a fit for us, depending on the price tag, IMO

Reddick is terrible. He isn't a playmaker. Just a shooter. We need playmakers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    yeah, JJ proved he wasn't near as good as he was with Orlando. Just that he was the man on a bad bad team.

Now really free Lance!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Via sportscenter twitter, the Brooklyn Nets are targeting Brian Shaw to be their head coach

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Via sportscenter twitter, the Brooklyn Nets are targeting Brian Shaw to be their head coach
    Why would he want to go and coach a whiny pg that gets coaches fired. That team is a mess.

I still think Shaw stays for one more year, but if he goes, I think it'll be for the 76ers. They have a similar team to the Pacers, so why not.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shaw will be gone unfortunately. While Brooklyn and to a lesser extend Philadelphia have problems, both are playoff contending teams and tough jobs to pass up. Unless he is waiting for D'Antoni to get fired at the end of next year (which will happen) I say he leaves this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Shaw will be gone unfortunately. While Brooklyn and to a lesser extend Philadelphia have problems, both are playoff contending teams and tough jobs to pass up. Unless he is waiting for D'Antoni to get fired at the end of next year (which will happen) I say he leaves this offseason.
    I can see that. But will D'Antoni last another season?

Now really free Lance!

As far as Brian Shaw... he did play in the NBA. So how can this team's back court be so HORRIBLE with the BB?

Shaw should be the one teaching? And.. I know, at his level there should be no need for "teaching" BUT GH was a combo G in San Antonio.

He is still learning the PG position. BUT... DANG

I know he will get better. But Indy NEEDS a true point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    G Green was a "playmaker" on a BAD team...

Indy needs one true PG, and a SG off the bench.. like a Korver or JJR (if he is not wanting too much)

Keep Tyler, Ian, West, and sign backup PG and a shooting G and it is ON.

Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
    G Green was a "playmaker" on a BAD team...

Indy needs one true PG, and a SG off the bench.. like a Korver or JJR (if he is not wanting too much)

Keep Tyler, Ian, West, and sign backup PG and a shooting G and it is ON.
    Exactly why I say get Jarrett Jack and Lance Stephenson

The bucks will keep JJ Monta is the one who will leave town.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Don't forget. Houston wants to shed Thomas Robinson's salary.

Pacers should really go after that deal. Also, they should try to also get Beverly or Brooks to be the new backup pg. They have 3 solid pgs on their roster. I doubt they keep all 3 for next season.
    The Pacers have no mechanism to get Thomas Robinson. They don't have cap space or a trade exception.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

You'll talkin about different players, I'm sure it won't happen but I'll throw RFA Tyreke Evans. Evans and Stephenson would be a joy to watch out of the backcourt. 6'6", long arms and can handle the rock.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."