Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 73 of 73

Thread: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

  1. #51

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am disappointed Roy didnt shake with the Heat. Even Birdman had class to go up to Tyler and shake his hand. That is respect. The game gets to everyones heads when you play but you should always show sportsmanship.
    i disagree. I like that West and Hibbert didn't shake. U got to have that killer instinct. Garnett, Pierce, Rondo never shook hands when they lost.

  2. #52
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Next year should be extremely telling as to what our immediate future is with this franchise. Was this the flash in the pan, or are we about to take the Eastern conference by force?

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Charles Barkley just talked about all the big women in SA on Weight Watchers...haha man they don't let people like Charles on TV anymore.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  6. #54

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said in an earlier thread, CP3 would be a perfect fit for this team in basketball terms.

    Someone make a website: www.cp3toindy.com

    CP3 will never come to Indy and I'm okay with that....We are not Hollywood. GHill is solid, still young and can improve. Really these are his first few seasons truly running the point. We do need a back-up point that can guard anyone above the height of 5-10' . You held your breathe everytime Dj was in the game defensively.

  7. #55
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,932
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Next year should be extremely telling as to what our immediate future is with this franchise. Was this the flash in the pan, or are we about to take the Eastern conference by force?
    I dont see any way this team can be worse, there is only room for improvement really, FT shooting, turnovers, PG not taking contested ****ing jumpshots every time he shoots, a decent bench......
    The fact that we took the ECF to 7 games is pretty amazing considering that our bench is probably one of the worst ever. Also, the fans are back...
    I believe in this team, because we are a rarity in the NBA now, no superstar, yet we take the best reg. season team to 7 games, future looks pretty bright to me.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  8. #56

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    I. Want. Jarrett. Jack. That would be weird though, Jack and Danny starting for the Pacers couple years ago, now coming off the bench

  9. #57

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    Who are the FA point guards we can afford?

  10. #58

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I. Want. Jarrett. Jack. That would be weird though, Jack and Danny starting for the Pacers couple years ago, now coming off the bench
    He will be one of the highest paid 6th men in the NBA, we can't afford him

  11. #59
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    If we could somehow get Goran Dragic out of lottery hell in Phx...

  12. #60

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like it or not, this may be as close as this Pacer team ever gets.

    You have to seize every opportunity.
    Back on your statement, I bet the Heat sign Dalembert for the vet minimum, this guy typically plays well against us. Plus, he plays awesome defense.

  13. #61
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,932
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Oh, by the way guys... DJ AUGUSTIN IS OFFICIALLY OFF OF OUR PAYROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  15. #62

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, by the way guys... DJ AUGUSTIN IS OFFICIALLY OFF OF OUR PAYROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And Sam Young. Now someway to get horrible Green off.

  16. #63

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Sam Young. Now someway to get horrible Green off.
    The whole Green and Mahinmi situation reminds me of an old video from The Onion Sportsdome. "Cubs try to get Soriano in shape by swimming with sharks, dodging bullets" or something like that.

  17. #64

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron had an extended talk with PG and Lance stephenson. We have their respect, and I respect lebron for giving props .
    I know it is popular to hate on Lebron for every conceivable thing here...but I am very impressed with his maturity.

    Lance flashed him the choke sign last year, did his very best to antagonize and **** him off all series and they were both respectful after the game, it looked like Lebron was even giving him encouragement/some respect.
    On the Lance bandwagon

  18. #65
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Cherish this loss, boys.

    It's the last time the Indiana Pacers get knocked out of the playoffs like this.

    Next year, no injuries, no 20-point deficits, no "maybe we can't"s.

    Remember how well mostly everyone bounced back from losing to Miami last year?

    Paul's All-star emergence. Lance's development phenomenon. West showing his injury was a fluke.

    These guys are just going to get so much better next year.

    Also, this is the last time the Miami Heat win like this (except maybe against the Bucks).

    Every NBA team is building to beat them. This season and playoffs were filled with electricity.

    Next season is gonna be nuclear.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  19. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  20. #66
    I am Mrs. Nash. Ms. Piggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    715

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    I'm so proud of our team! Yes, it was a tough loss last night, but we made it farther than we did last year. We grew, we improved, and with some adjustments to our bench I believe we can come back stronger next season.

    Thank you Pacers!! Thank you for a fun and memorable season! I haven't been this emotionally invested in the Pacers since the 90s. I went to quite a few Pacers games this year and enjoyed every single one. I love watching us play good, clean basketball as a solid team!


    I seriously can't wait until next season!!

    THANK YOU PACERS!!!

    (In other news: Go San Antonio!! Destroy the Heat!!)
    “Take nothing away from their Big Three, what they have going, but we’ll take a big five any day. That’s what we have.”- Paul George

  21. #67
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,098

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will be one of the highest paid 6th men in the NBA, we can't afford him
    Danny Granger will be the highest paid 6th man in the NBA next year, if his knee allows it.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  22. #68
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,922

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well just a few thoughts:

    1.) I think this team still has not peaked. Our core is a bit younger than the 90's core was after they lost the ECF in '94.

    2.) We have to get rid of Donnie Walsh before he commits total jihad on our team.

    3.) We need to acquire a couple of guys who can pass the ball.

    4.) This experience will only benefit us in the long term.
    Whats with all the Donnie Walsh hate around here, he build two contending teams and had input on this one. Do you have any idea how many teams are NEVER in the ECF, as Pacer fans we act as if its our birthright and we are a failure without getting there.

  23. #69
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats with all the Donnie Walsh hate around here, he build two contending teams and had input on this one. Do you have any idea how many teams are NEVER in the ECF, as Pacer fans we act as if its our birthright and we are a failure without getting there.
    I consider this season a success.

    Walsh had very little to nothing to do with our run this year. About as much as Mike Davis did with the 2002 Hoosiers. This is still Larry Bird's team.

    Walsh gave up too much for Carmelo in New York, overpaid an old Jason Kidd, drafted some guy that now plays for the Tulsa 66ers over Lance Stephenson, etc. I respect Walsh for building the Pacers in the 90's but he has lost his touch and needs to hang them up. It happens to the best of us.
    Last edited by idioteque; 06-04-2013 at 08:53 AM.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  25. #70
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,799

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats with all the Donnie Walsh hate around here, he build two contending teams and had input on this one. Do you have any idea how many teams are NEVER in the ECF, as Pacer fans we act as if its our birthright and we are a failure without getting there.
    Donnie Walsh deserves as much praise for putting this current team together as those of us on this forum, i.e., he deserves none. Walsh can't take a single ounce of credit for the things that got us to where we are, and if anything, deserves criticism for poor off-season moves that ultimately did nothing to help us when we needed it most. Bird and his crew deserve 100% of the credit for where this team is.

    Plus there is the whole thing about how this team drastically began to improve once Walsh got out of the way in 2008.

    Did Walsh do a good job at putting together a team 20 years ago? Certainly. Bill Polian also did a good job for a long time, but that didn't prevent him from getting fired. You don't stay great forever.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 06-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  27. #71

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    What's the status of Larry Bird? Do the rumors say he is or isn't coming back?

  28. #72
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHilg0102 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bulls - D Rose, Nets - More Experience together + Lopez will improve, Knicks - Can Amare really get any worse at this point?
    YES!

  29. #73

    Default Re: Postgame: What a season! (THIS CAN BE MERGED)

    A couple things:

    -I was at game 7, it was 99.6% Heat fans but the few Pacer fans I met were awesome.
    -I wore my jersey and got heckled for it but I was proud to say I was a pacers fan.

    As for the board, I feel like some of you need to realize being passionate and realistic about whats going on does not make someone a bad fan or a bandwagon fan. It simply means that they like to show their passion. Not everyone shows their passion the same way and usually people that are more passionate than others show it when things aren't going smoothly, it doesn't mean we like the team any less it just means we want the team to feel our pain in what were watching, obviously the team doesn't read the board but you get my point. Turning off the game early does not make you a bad fan, it hurts to see your team play poorly. So enough of the bandwagon talk I'm pretty sure anyone that took the time to get registered on this board is a legit pacers fan, considering how long that takes.

    Sure up the bench, get Granger back and maybe a true PG and this team is ready even if we stick with Hill I think we can win it, with smart basketball and lo turnovers.

    Great season!

    David Beckham, Flo rida and J Biebs were at the game, all happy to be there except for this:
    ku-medium.jpg

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to For3 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 08:40 PM
  2. Postgame: Ugh.
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 02:19 PM
  3. New York Knicks season-ticket prices to spike next season [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 04:30 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 12:40 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •