Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals: (1) Miami vs. (3) Indiana

Banned

Default Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals: (1) Miami vs. (3) Indiana

Damn I'm going to hate Cole and Chalmers even more, damn Battie and his flopping is going to **** me off too
    Last edited by vnzla81; 05-19-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance needs to be agressive and put pressure on Wade's knee too, Pacers need to attack Wade at all times.
    I missed the game in Miami. Did LeBron guard Lance in that game?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post
    Wade

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I agree. The Heat punish the **** out of teams that turn the ball over. We have to be sharper than we've been all year against the best team in the NBA. And I think we will rise to the challenge.
    The one thing that's good about our turnovers, is usually they are unforced turnovers that are bad passes that fly out of bounds. Meaning the Heat can't run on them.

So basically, if we're going to turn the ball over, we need to pass it to the fans, not the Heat.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    The one thing that's good about our turnovers, is usually they are unforced turnovers that are bad passes that fly out of bounds. Meaning the Heat can't run on them.

So basically, if we're going to turn the ball over, we need to pass it to the fans, not the Heat.

Nice to know that we have Augustin and Ian to do those things lol

Guys, I'm trying to be rational here, but seriously, what if this was a coming out party for Lance? One HUGE game, after a pretty good season, I know, but we've all seen the flashes. What if it finally clicked?

Regardless, we need to keep Lance involved. He brings the, I hate using the word, but swagger, that fearlessness, that we're missing w/o Danny.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the wade from the Chicago series carries over to this one, I'd take lance over him.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance not settling for mid range jumpers is SCARY. Holy crap. He was doing this against smaller guys in this game, but if he ever draws Miller or Allen he has to destroy them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

West is going to need to have a big series. Haslem or Battier can't guard him.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Nice to know that we have Augustin and Ian to do those things lol
    Paul George is excellent at it himself. He might be the best on our team. Although the PG/Ian combo is lethal in this category. :P

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We obviously have to take one of the first two games in Miami to have any chance at all. We can't beat these guys 4 out 5 times if we get down in a 0-2 hole. Winning Game 1 in New York completely set the tone for this series because all we had to do after that is win all of our games at home, which we did. Miami is certainly a way better team than New York, but the same logic applies. We gotta take one of the first two.

I think this could go 7 because of the Wade situation, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Heat wrapped it up in 5 or 6 because they are that good. This is the second year that Hill and West have been with the team, so I feel that the Pacers are much more comfortable with themselves than they were last year. Plus we have beat Atlanta and New York this year, who are both superior to the Howard-less Orlando team that we beat a year ago. Add that to the fact that we won the season series 2-1 against Miami, and there's no doubt that we are a more confident and complete team than we were a year ago. Also, Miami hasn't even been remotely challenged in these playoffs aside from Game 1 when Chicago caught them napping. The Pacers are obviously superior to the two teams that they have already faced.

I'll say Heat in 7.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

I believe we CAN win this series.

I won't believe we WILL win it until we actually do.

It will take the best basketball our guys have ever played. It's going to take the whole team playing together, better than they've played all season. To win this series is going to take more focus, determination, hustle, maturity, and poise than any other series any of our guys have been in.

Miami is a monster. On any night, they can blow out the best of the best. They're rolling - though Chicago made them work and DWade may be a little slower. They have a way of getting whatever it is they need at any point in the game. Big 3-pointer? No problem, they've got Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Shane Battier. Need a defensive stop? No problem, LeBron and Wade play passing lanes like bears catching salmon from the river. Need to force a team into your gameplan? No worries, LeBron can literally play any position on the floor for at least one full quarter.

We generally match up well with Miami, and as everyone knows, we won the season series. That means nothing now. I think we have to pieces to beat Miami, but it may come down to Vogel out-coaching Spoelstra. It's going to be much more difficult to get Miami into our game than it was to keep NYK pinned down. Frank is going to be forced to toy with the line-up and rotation to find something that will work. I propose we defend James with a platoon system. Rotate Paul, Lance, and Sam Young. Sam can provide some hard fouls, Lance can just pester and bug him, and Paul can have a chance to show the world just how good he is. If Roy is being dragged outside the paint to guard Bosh, it's going to take something creative. Roy must stay and protect the rim. Maybe while Lance and Sam are guarding LeBron, Paul can guard Bosh. Sounds crazy, but who on our team is a better match physically to stop Bosh? I'm not saying we leave him there, but make it part of the bag of tricks. Maybe we play Roy and Ian together? Roy stays at the rim while Ian uses his quickness to stay with Bosh? This should be a great "chess match" series.

I want to see this team beat Miami so badly this year. But, I have approached this season, all season long, as an "experience" year. My mind has been on improving this year to make a real run next year. Being on the door step right now makes it hard to think about that, but I need to remember for my own sanity, that my expectations this season were not for a Title, just for a ECF appearance where we give a good fight. I know we'll get that.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post
    Yeah I remember LeBron did guard him that game

If we're going to win this series:
    a) We must take care of the ball. Something our team struggles with tremendously, and we all know what Miami does with turnovers.
    b) Bigs need to take advantage of their mismatches. If they want to play smallball, Hibbert and West need to be able to make em pay. David West has been rather pedestrian thus far in the playoffs, we're going to need him to score the way we know he can.
    c) Guards/Wings need to be able to get the ball to the bigs effectively (like when they decide to front the post) and also need to make them pay when Miami overhelps on the bigs. Lance will need to be able to make some threes to space the floor, and PG you've been fantastic, but you've got to shoot better from the field this series if we want to win. The good news is he's looked a lot better scoring in these last two games so maybe his shot is coming around. (but make your free throws!)
    d) Hibbert needs to protect the paint like he did against NY. Hopefully the refs call it the same way.
    e) As fantastic as George and Stephenson were on Melo and J.R, Lebron and even a hobbled Wade are much better than the previous two. We have one of the best, if not THE best, perimeter defensive tandems in the league, so I'm confident that they can do a respectable job on LeWade.

With a banged up Wade, I really do think we have a shot. We need to play at a higher level than the previous 2 series however.
    On the Lance bandwagon

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vincognito View Post
    Yeah I remember LeBron did guard him that game
    ok, that's what i remember reading. I wonder if they stick with that? I feel like bron was put on lance because lance got into wade's head in the previous meetings.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:

Pacers in 6.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

I remembered the post I made in the 2012/2013 NBA Prediction thread:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ght=prediction

Obviously, almost what I predicted were wrong, except for this one:

1 vs 2 3-4

I've never been so proud of my prediction

Now, I will be a happier man if they'll win the ECF series as I predicted.

Go PACERS! Beat the HEAT!

I've said this all along..... that we are built to beat the Heat....

For sure, this series will be one talked about for awhile..

While I am not gonna predict a series win necessarily, I will predict right now that this will go all 7 games ...

Now I WILL say, that I BELIEVE in our guys that we WILL win, I won't deal in absolutes since obviously the games still have to be played... lol

Like I said back when we had just won out the Atlanta series, in the postgame thread, that we would beat NY ,and that the stars are aligned perfectly for the Pacers to make it to the Finals.. There couldn't be any better of an opportunity for us...

I BELIEVE..
    Last edited by Kemo; 05-19-2013 at 04:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

driving to FL on Monday so excited hope I can get a great seat for the game. I am pumped I like our chances if we control our TOs. With the improvement of Hibbert and now having Ian we have an the size that hurts Miami. I think this will be one of the best series of the playoffs should be epic.

I agree with Kemo our team match ups up well with Miami. It is actually pretty funny the 3 teams left are probably the 3 best teams to match ups for Miami they all have size and defend.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

This win was a great way to mentally prepare for the Heat: if Lance he carries his aggressiveness to Miami, he will be an absolute gamechanger. I trust that he won't be phased by the stardom of the Heat, and I love that about him. After tonight, his confidence should be indomitable.

I'm also excited to see Young provide solid minutes tonight. We are going to need him Tyler and DJ to really step up their games if we are going to steal a game in Miami. The scary thing about Miami is that they have guys coming off their bench who would start and average double figures on a lot of teams in the league (Cole, Allen, Lewis, Miller). Tyler is going to have to outpsycho the Birdman as well.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    You are right Sookie but this team has been a turnover machine all year. Is something finally going to click with the lazy passes and bad decision making? I sure hope so because we don't beat the Heat if we keep turning the ball over like this.
    I posted this on the RealGM boards but I'll paste it here as well:

Allow me to step in as a Pacers fan here.

It's definitely true that the Pacers are prone to turn the over. BUT!

Indiana allowed the less fast break points per game out of any other team in the NBA. We also forced our opponents to the worst fast break efficiency in the league.

Here are the metrics:

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...eak-efficiency

(Indy is #1 at 1.327, Atlanta is #2 at 1.401, Miami is #3 at 1.454, Boston is #4 at 1.478, Washington is #5 at 1.537)

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...oints-per-game

(Indy is #1 at 10, Atlanta and Miami are tied for #2 at 11.6, New York and Boston are tied for #4 at 11.8)

That's due to two reasons.

1) Our transition D is great.

2) While we do tend to turn the ball over a lot those turnovers are mostly of the dead ball variety. We committ offensive fouls, we throw the ball in the 10th row etc. etc.

The point is that we don't really give the opponent the opportunity to run.

The Pacers committed 9 turnovers in the first game of their season series against the Heat. The Heat scored 1 fast break point.

The Pacers committed 12 turnovers in the second game of their season series against the Heat. The Heat scored 6 fast break points.

The Pacers committed 16 turnovers in the third game of their season series against the Heat. The Heat scored 6 fast break points.

Now, I'm well aware that the Heat coast in the regular season so I don't expect the same thing to happen in the post-season if my team advances in the next round.

The sole reason of this post is to fix the misconception that just because we turn the ball over we're vulnerable against teams that run. In reality, we have managed to contain fast break points like no other team in the RS.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I posted this on the RealGM boards but I'll paste it here as well:

Allow me to step in as a Pacers fan here.

It's definitely true that the Pacers are prone to turn the over. BUT!

Indiana allowed the less fast break points per game out of any other team in the NBA. We also forced our opponents to the worst fast break efficiency in the league.

Here are the metrics:

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...eak-efficiency

(Indy is #1 at 1.327, Atlanta is #2 at 1.401, Miami is #3 at 1.454, Boston is #4 at 1.478, Washington is #5 at 1.537)

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...oints-per-game

(Indy is #1 at 10, Atlanta and Miami are tied for #2 at 11.6, New York and Boston are tied for #4 at 11.8)

That's due to two reasons.

1) Our transition D is great.

2) While we do tend to turn the ball over a lot those turnovers are mostly of the dead ball variety. We committ offensive fouls, we throw the ball in the 10th row etc. etc.

The point is that we don't really give the opponent the opportunity to run.

The Pacers committed 9 turnovers in the first game of their season series against the Heat. The Heat scored 1 fast break point.

The Pacers committed 12 turnovers in the second game of their season series against the Heat. The Heat scored 6 fast break points.

The Pacers committed 16 turnovers in the third game of their season series against the Heat. The Heat scored 6 fast break points.

Now, I'm well aware that the Heat coast in the regular season so I don't expect the same thing to happen in the post-season if my team advances in the next round.

The sole reason of this post is to fix the misconception that just because we turn the ball over we're vulnerable against teams that run. In reality, we have managed to contain fast break points like no other team in the RS.
    Good post Nuntius. Even if the Heat don't score on our turnovers we are missing offensive possessions when we turn the ball over. Being that this team struggles to score the ball from time to time possessions will be a premium in this series. I really hope that is a main focus by the coaching staff going into this series.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

I'm going into it with an open mind and confident that, at very least, we are primed to make this series very competitive. If we can get consistently similar play from Lance (not 25 a game, just steady, aggressive, attacking offense and defense), I think it might neutralize Wade's overall impact, or even exceed it if he's not 100%.

We're going to have to have thick skin and short memories, of course. And the defense has to to remain at this level. The prospect of a Cole - DJ matchup off the bench makes me cringe a bit as far as athleticism/speed. Hopefully that's limited minutes. Battier cannot go off from distance.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I didn't think we would beat NY because of our depth and lack of ability to go small. I was wrong about that, but I think the same thing about the Heat, but this time even more so. How do we contend with Chalmers, Allen, Wade, LeBron and Joel Anthony, for example?

Here's the deal. We have lost a LOT of quality on the wing with Granger, DJones and BRuish being replaced by Green, Young and that OJ guy who never plays. Green isn't worth discussing. Young can't guard anyone on the Heat without fouling. Our guys are going to get tired and need help...but I question the help available. Sam Young may be the only guy to give Paul and Lance a breather and that has me worried.

I believe the Pacers can and will win this series. People comment about how will Roy defend Bosh's three point shooting but I think Roy should step out and shoot a couple threes just to change the conversation. lol He can hit them and it would open the lane for Lance. Roy is a great passer too.

PG will find his shot in Miami. Tyler will be back and Ian and Pendy will have good games.

Pacers in 6.