Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AND1 has made a new ‘Entourage’ sneaker for Lance, the “Playoff” PE.

Thumbs up AND1 has made a new ‘Entourage’ sneaker for Lance, the “Playoff” PE.

http://bornready1.com/and1-entourage...f-pe-sneakers/

AND1 has made a new ‘Entourage’ sneaker for Lance, the “Playoff” PE.

They are equipped in blue and gold for his Indiana Pacers, with the tagline “Blue Collar, Gold Swagger,” the team’s slogan this season.

Here’s a preview:

I want... both pairs... heck, I'd mix and match the colors...wit my Pacer's gear ... lol

Although if I were designing them, I would call the blue ones ... the "Blue Collars" and have that written on them... then the gold ones , the "Gold Swaggers"... instead of the full saying on each pair of shoes...

lol
    Last edited by Kemo; 05-10-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: AND1 has made a new ‘Entourage’ sneaker for Lance, the “Playoff” PE.

I know I'm an old fart, but those things are just butt-ugly to me. Guess I'm not "hip" anymore.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: AND1 has made a new ‘Entourage’ sneaker for Lance, the “Playoff” PE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

http://bornready1.com/and1-entourage...f-pe-sneakers/

AND1 has made a new ‘Entourage’ sneaker for Lance, the “Playoff” PE.

They are equipped in blue and gold for his Indiana Pacers, with the tagline “Blue Collar, Gold Swagger,” the team’s slogan this season.

Here’s a preview:

I want... both pairs... heck, I'd mix and match the colors...wit my Pacer's gear ... lol

Although if I were designing them, I would call the blue ones ... the "Blue Collars" and have that written on them... then the gold ones , the "Gold Swaggers"... instead of the full saying on each pair of shoes...

lol
    omg omg omg I'm all about AND1's, I have a pair of mids with blue with yellow trim (which I got signed by Lance at the final regular season game), and I have a pair of all-yellow hi-tops (with a little red trim) that I play basketball in. I would love to have a pair of each of these, and I, too, would alternate them with my Pacers outfit.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Not only are they butt ugly, but Lance slips and falls more than Hibbert falls over going for a rebound. I'd say "And 1" must be some cheap quality.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Not only are they butt ugly, but Lance slips and falls more than Hibbert falls over going for a rebound. I'd say "And 1" must be some cheap quality.
    Nah, they really are. I bought both pairs I mentioned for $60. That's, what, half a pair of "decent" Nikes?
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I know I'm an old fart, but those things are just butt-ugly to me. Guess I'm not "hip" anymore.
    I agree but there isn't a basketball shoe made today that I like the looks of. IMO the quality has gone downhill as well. Although the weight and the sole show better technology, none seem very comfortable due to lack of padding and my experience has been they don't hold up very well. Give me a pair of 92 leather Converse Cons any day.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Too bad he hasn't signed with a better brand. If PG gets some Jordans, I'm all over those.
    @qandrews9428

Born Ready
    Smothered Chicken!

Just because i'm such a fan of Lance right now, and I refuse to pay out the *** for a pair of sneakers...these must be meant for me. I will need to check these out, cause I need some new gym shoes.

Wonder when and where I can get them?
    Last edited by graphic-er; 05-11-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    Nah, they really are. I bought both pairs I mentioned for $60. That's, what, half a pair of "decent" Nikes?
    Both Nike and AND1 cost the same to make like $5 max.

But AND1 is sold at Wal-mart and the brand sucks compared to Nike. That is the reason one shoe cost 20-60 while Nikes cost 100-300.

I don't think you can buy the ones Lances wears anywhere. They are custom. I dont think these will ever be for sale to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Both Nike and AND1 cost the same to make like $5 max.

But AND1 is sold at Wal-mart and the brand sucks compared to Nike. That is the reason one shoe cost 20-60 while Nikes cost 100-300.

I don't think you can buy the ones Lances wears anywhere. They are custom. I dont think these will ever be for sale to the public.
    I remember a research paper back in college, the actual number are more like 1-3 dollars when you really break it down.

I remember some of our white paper presentations made my stomach turn. Shoes were bad, but some of the apparel had just as horrible, if not worse, mark ups. That does not even touch on living conditions

That said, IMO AND1 being sold at Wal-Mart does not make it a bad brand. It is just a different marketing strategy

All that said, IMO, those shoes are not very attractive. But I also have not worn a pair of basketball shoes in 5 plus years.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

As someone who actually buys those And1 shoes they sell at Walmart, I can tell you that not only are their sneakers comfortable, the shoe quality does not suck. I've also had better durability with them than the last pair of Nikes I wore.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

kinda ugly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

I don't like AND1's, but those look pretty dope to me. If they're under $50 I'll buy them...as someone who plays bball regularly, it's nice to have a few options as far as what to wear.

For those saying he should've signed with a better brand, he will. Jordan isn't going to throw a $30 million deal at someone until they are big time. He'll get there, but this is a nice start.

Does AND1 still do those trash talking shirts. I used to laugh at those (actually owned a few) and later in college I found out when the company was starting up every meeting the employees had to come in with X amount of trash talking slogans (which they put on the table and discussed if they would be a good fit before the mtg even started)

Good grief I feel old.

I just emailed AND1 to see if these shoes would be sold to the general population. If I get a reply I will post it here

Gold is nice, cause it looks like it had some Navy Blue lining in the sides...which is why I wouldn't mix and match they would never go well together if that's the case, but none the less the blue ones seem ugly somehow and I'm not a fan of too much yellow, but in this case I'd rock the yellow ones. F*** paying 120 bucks for a pair of Jordans I'd never play in....and if they get scuffed it just gets me angry. What's the point? Sneakers are never worth that much money.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Mood

I dig both pairs. And I'm a huge Lance Stephenson fan. Stoked if some how I can get my hands on these, I'd pay whatever cuz thats just how much I like and want to support one of my favorite players in the league. Living here in Michigan I doubt I could even land a pair at some random wal-mart so I might just see if I can buy both pairs online.
    Try hard-er or Die hard-er. In this to win it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bury Your Dead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bury Your Dead View Post
    I dig both pairs. And I'm a huge Lance Stephenson fan. Stoked if some how I can get my hands on these, I'd pay whatever cuz thats just how much I like and want to support one of my favorite players in the league. Living here in Michigan I doubt I could even land a pair at some random wal-mart so I might just see if I can buy both pairs online.
    Must be an age thing, I think those are 2 of the ugliest shoes I've seen to date. Anything with loud shiny plastic instead of leather is violation of what a shoe should look like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Must be an age thing, I think those are 2 of the ugliest shoes I've seen to date. Anything with loud shiny plastic instead of leather is violation of what a shoe should look like to me.
    the yellow ones look far from plastic. Some of the mesh material looks exactly like the Nike's do now a days. They truthfully seem far from shiny in reality, at least the yellow ones do. Its just the photo and lighting itself. Guess we'll see though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think the yellow is right. It looks more like Golden State or U of M.

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    the yellow ones look far from plastic. Some of the mesh material looks exactly like the Nike's do now a days. They truthfully seem far from shiny in reality, at least the yellow ones do. Its just the photo and lighting itself. Guess we'll see though.
    You may be right they do look a little different then the shoes I see with the shiny plastic when I look closer. I don't like that or really the mesh thing either though. I can see the weight advantage of the mesh but I'd gladly take a slightly heavier basketball shoe if it means real leather and especially some padding around the ankles. I've been looking for the past few weeks for a good pair to no avail. I been everywhere I can think of but it seems like all shoes are made from the same plant in China. Styrofoam type sole with plastic unpadded uppers. I even went to the Under Armour store to see if their's were any different but they were the same. Right now I'm playing with a pair of Converse but they're just Nikes with a different banner since Nike bought them and started all mfg. in China a few years ago and they're not comfortable at all. If anyone has a suggestion for me I'm open minded to checking it out.

Sports Logo

I liked the shoes PG was wearing anyone know which ones those were?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know AND1 isn't much of a big deal anymore, but signing with them might be just as cool for Lance as if he had a Nike endorsement. Especially since he's their only (as far as I know) NBA player, he's getting a lot of their attention. I know he's actually been getting some attention from sneakerheads during the playoffs for bringing back the Tai Chi's. According to this interview with him, they're planning on releasing those in the near future, not sure about the Entourage shoes in the OP.

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2013...d1-tai-chi-pes

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I liked the shoes PG was wearing anyone know which ones those were?
    During the playoffs? It's a custom version of the Nike Lunar Hyperdunk. I think you could make the same exact shoe on NikeID, but the markup is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Goyle; 05-13-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Hi VA–

Thanks for your email to And1. Unfortunately, the shoes shown are special make-ups that will not be made available to the public.

You can view all of our current styles on our website at www.and1usa.com

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dan
    And1 Service

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    As someone who actually buys those And1 shoes they sell at Walmart, I can tell you that not only are their sneakers comfortable, the shoe quality does not suck. I've also had better durability with them than the last pair of Nikes I wore.
    I dont doubt that. They are made in a similar fashion and for the money you are right AND1 is a better deal. With that said brand wise yes AND1 sucks . If the brand didn't suck you wouldn't be able to get a $20 shoe. Brand name is so powerful and with it your margins can be crazy.