Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Rik Smits son

  1. #1

    Default Rik Smits son

    Good read about Derrick Smits the 6-10 hs junior, if he develops, would love to see this kid at IU, sure some local school will get pick him up.

    http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pb...035/PREPSPORTS
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

    "No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher


  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BornReady#6 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,191
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Butler and then IU. Butler in Big East will give him (and a lot of kids) the east coast media exposure.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member Downtown Bang!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St Paul MN
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Butler is the place for him. After see what that program did with Andrew Smith I'd love to see what they could do with a top post prospect.

  6. #4
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Butler and then IU. Butler in Big East will give him (and a lot of kids) the east coast media exposure.
    He wouldn't get more media exposure playing for Butler than IU.

    IU played in some of ESPN's highest rated games last season and the national exposure helped Victor Oladipo become a top five draft prospect. IU played a ton of games on ESPN and CBS, not to mention the ever growing Big Ten Network.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 05-12-2013 at 08:48 AM.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,925

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    you guys are really overselling Derrik Smits at this point. he's a good recruit, but a pro future is far off.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #6

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you guys are really overselling Derrik Smits at this point. he's a good recruit, but a pro future is far off.
    Nobody has mentioned his pro future.

  11. #7
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,420

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Would love to see him succeed and would root for him wherever he goes. Hopefully he is NBA-caliber, there are way too few big men in the league right now and it seems like very few viable big-man prospects.

  12. #8
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    He has so much potential, but his game isn't exactly where it needs to be at this point
    "We want Miami"

  13. #9

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    He still has work to do to get a Butler or IU offer.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    88

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wouldn't get more media exposure playing for Butler than IU.

    IU played in some of ESPN's highest rated games last season and the national exposure helped Victor Oladipo become a top five draft prospect. IU played a ton of games on ESPN and CBS, not to mention the ever growing Big Ten Network.
    Much better coaching at Butler.......

  16. #11
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,862
    Mood

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    I initially read this as an appreciation thread: "Rik Smits, son!"

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    He won't play at IU
    "We want Miami"

  19. #13
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    I don't really care if he's a pro caliber player. Matt Howard and Andrew Smith weren't, and they had pretty distinguished collegiate careers.

  20. #14
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,920

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He won't play at IU
    Besides your usual anti-IU feelings, why do you say that?

  21. #15
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,298
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    He's got potential.

  22. #16
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Besides your usual anti-IU feelings, why do you say that?
    He won't be a good enough prospect to play there
    "We want Miami"

  23. #17
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,920

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He won't be a good enough prospect to play there
    He isn't a high major prospect yet, but I think he will get there. I know he has visited Indiana a few times, but almost every in-state kid has at some point. From what I can tell, the Hoosiers are keeping cursory tabs on him.

    I will follow Derrik wherever he goes, IU, Butler, Purdue, IUPUI, whatever.

  24. #18

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    Butler will have a big 2015 class. 4 or 5 open spots depending on what happens with Barlow's scholarship at that point. He's probably not one who will get one of the first offers but I could see them offering him because he's the only center they're recruiting so far in 2015.

  25. #19
    Member GoUEAces's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    18

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rik Smits son

    I would love to see him in an Aces uniform in a couple years!
    Go Pacers, Cards and Aces!

Similar Threads

  1. Hibbert vs. Smits
    By Wilk39 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 01:29 AM
  2. Smits info
    By PacerMan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 10:50 PM
  3. Smits
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •