Thread: "Psychic detectives" show their money-grubbig ineptitude in the Amanda Berry disappearance

Default "Psychic detectives" show their money-grubbig ineptitude in the Amanda Berry disappearance

Self-proclaimed psychic Sylvia Brown went on the Montel Williams show and famously told Berry's Mom that her daughter was dead and that she could see her "in the water"

Family members say the "news" was devastating and contributed to the mom's death a year later

It's a travesty that people believe in that crap and allow such fakes to make a good living at pulling that chit.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amanda-berr...3#.UYpeRLXCZ8F

Brad Garret, a former special agent with the FBI and ABC News consultant said that alleged tips from psychics rarely help solve a case.

"As far as finding a victim, finding remains, finding evidence or in any way helping to solve the case, it's never been my experience," he said. "So, it's really a disservice to victims."

"We've never had a psychic lead that turns out to be correct," said Lt. Dave Parker, of the Anchorage, Alaska, police department, after 18-year-old Samantha Koenig went missing in February, 2012.
    Ghosthunters, Bigfoot hunters, cultists, alien abduction fanatics, and conspiracy theorists are all a little annoying, but they don't really latch on to the grieving and extract their money by milking that grief to the max for their own purposes. Rather they just seek out the average Joe fools, and these fools voluntarily come to them say & "take my money, please!"

Psychics are the ambulance-chasers among the purveyors of all things supernatural.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Default Re: "Psychic detectives" show their money-grubbig ineptitude in the Amanda Berry disappearance

Psychics are complete bogus. I know people really want to believe in something, but they put their faith in the wrong things. It's pretty sad.

I feel for those 3 women. No one can imagine the horror they went through. And now one of them has to find out that their mother is dead.

Seriously wish our justice system was more strict. I really think rapists and child molesters should be castrated.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: "Psychic detectives" show their money-grubbig ineptitude in the Amanda Berry disappearance

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Psychics are complete bogus. I know people really want to believe in something, but they put their faith in the wrong things. It's pretty sad.

I feel for those 3 women. No one can imagine the horror they went through. And now one of them has to find out that their mother is dead.

Seriously wish our justice system was more strict. I really think rapists and child molesters should be castrated.
    I rather just see them taken out back after being convicted and permanently rid them from society. People like these three guys serve deserve nothing less.

When it comes to psychics I do not understand how someone can live with themselves knowing full well they are taking advantage of someone who is in the most fragile state. Psychics are truly scum of our society and should be treated as such.

Sometimes I wonder how people can actually fall for this stuff, but you take someone in that state and they probably will grasp onto anything resembling hope or closure.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I rather just see them taken out back after being convicted and permanently rid them from society. People like these three guys serve deserve nothing less.
    Nobody deserves death. Period.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BearBugs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BearBugs View Post
    Not even Jodi Arias?

She killed a man 3 diffrent ways, I say she 110% deserves death. Period.

_____

Back on topic, I had never heard that. Crazy story.

Certainly is not a good luck for the psychic industry.

On a brighter note, thank the lord they found these women. 10 years is a long *** time, but I guess its better then being dead.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I'm against the death penalty because our legal system is far from infallible. But anyway, don't need to turn this thread into that.

But about that Jodi Arias case, why's this such a big deal? There's tons of murder trials going on every day, why's there always one random one that the media latches onto and beats into the ground? There's nothing "special" about the case, it's just some regular lady that apparently killed her regular boyfriend right?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm against the death penalty because our legal system is far from infallible. But anyway, don't need to turn this thread into that.

But about that Jodi Arias case, why's this such a big deal? There's tons of murder trials going on every day, why's there always one random one that the media latches onto and beats into the ground? There's nothing "special" about the case, it's just some regular lady that apparently killed her regular boyfriend right?
    I agree with that. One innocent death is one too many.

I think the allure was how gory it was. And my personal opinion is the fact she was considered hot did not hurt (I say considered because I personally do not find her overly attractive, but by TV standards they knew she would bring it ratings)

I bet the Martin murder case becomes the next big one

Quote Originally Posted by BearBugs View Post
    Not going to turn this into a death penalty debate so I agree to disagree on that one.

When it comes to the Jodi Arias case I had not even heard about it until I saw people posting about it on Facebook and my friend asked me about it. To me it as just another murder and there was nothing really to it to create a media fire storm. Now I would understand the media covering the Trayvon Martin case or the South African runner murder case.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    Not going to turn this into a death penalty debate so I agree to disagree on that one.

When it comes to the Jodi Arias case I had not even heard about it until I saw people posting about it on Facebook and my friend asked me about it. To me it as just another murder and there was nothing really to it to create a media fire storm. Now I would understand the media covering the Trayvon Martin case or the South African runner murder case.
    The Martin case should not create a media firestorm, and it should mot be big.

but we all know it will e on 25:7

I'm kinda confused.

Casey Anthony taught me that a woman can kill anyone, any time, and in any way, and yet get away with it. The tears just need to come out at the right time.

Did Jodi Arias not cry enough?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

None of you can do anything to convince me that Jennifer Love Hewitt can't solve murders by talking to ghosts.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Ask yourself just how many times you have seen the newspaper headline

"local psychic wins lottery jackpot"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I'm kinda confused.

Casey Anthony taught me that a woman can kill anyone, any time, and in any way, and yet get away with it. The tears just need to come out at the right time.

Did Jodi Arias not cry enough?
    Nothing ever came out when Jodi cried

My last comment, but I think Jodis arrogance and the fact she did not seem sincere killed her.

______

I actually laughed out loud at your lottery comment. I love that line, though my family who swear by the psychics say that would be cheating and that is why they dont do it

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I just heard on the radio that Powerball is at $550,000,000.

Mood

My favorite is there's a lady up on 96th street that had a sign out in front of her house advertising psychic readings. Underneath that it says "By Appointment Only". Oh really? Didn't you know I was coming?