Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2013 Indiana Fever Thread

Default Re: 2013 Indiana Fever Thread

The NBA could really use a personality like Dee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S68TXBpMXpA

Well, I thought the Fever would have too much pride to let Atlanta come in and win another Eastern Conference championship on their floor, but they sang their swan song today to the tune of 28% shooting, 15 turnovers and getting outrebounded by 10. I doubt this team could have beaten Minnesota again but it was tough to see them go out with a whimper after fighting so hard to reach this point.

I hope Katie Douglas can still play next year. Her season-long absence kept the Fever from having a better record and her vacant playoff roster spot left the team shorthanded and lacking any frontcourt depth.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was a pretty even first half but then Atlanta started to overcome the defense while the Fever did not.

Fever were hampered by lack of entry into the post (does that sound familiar?) and by stagnant player movement that made it impossible to move the ball quickly. Almost everything was a jump shot, and with Atlanta's length they could tip nearly anything as it left the hands of the shooter (I think I could count in single digits the number of completely unaffected shots by Indiana).

We'll see if Katie is back next year - rumors are circulating that she might very well retire after the second back injury. I'm also hoping there will be a different offensive philosophy - the "stand around and find an open shot" works when you have exceptional shooters but is not a recipe for consistent offense. There has to be something that can be done to make defenses pay for just camping on our shooters and blocking entry to the lane - moving more than one player at a time might shake that up.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Still a good season, all things considered. The injuries were ridiculous.

I hope Cheryl is still coaching her players to throw elbows, especially after DeSouza kicked either January or Christmas in the head yesterday.

Lynx sweep.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not an ideal title defense season, that's for sure. Still pretty proud that the team made the playoffs and got into the ECF after all the adversity.

I think this past season (not to mention the Finals last year) have shown we don't necessarily need Katie. We sure as hell need some consistent post offense though. I think Parker is probably feeling fairly disgruntled in L.A. right about now...

Pipe dream, that. We couldn't afford to have CP and Catch on the same team even if she did want out of Lala Land...
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

How on earth did the Lynx lose last season.

I was so happy that Catch got a ring, but watching them now...

How soon can we sign Jessica Breland for next season? That should be high on our to-do list.