Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Indiana Fever Thread

Default Re: 2013 Indiana Fever Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely. We've had their number all season and their top three players have zero WNBA playoffs experience. Chicago as a franchise is in the postseason for the very first time. That is a lot of pressure riding on the shoulders of the #1 seed.
    Yup. It's completely possible to pull of this upset.

I won't be shocked if Phoenix pulls an upset too.

I think Atlanta is better than their record, and I suspect they'll have an easy time with Washington. And I think Minny will struggle more than expected with Seattle, because its Seattle and they just don't go away.
    Last edited by Sookie; 09-19-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Seattle was one shot away from knocking off Minnesota in the first round last year. Both #4 seeds have better chances for an upset than you usually see in the 1 vs. 4 matchups.

Atlanta versus Washington. Unexpected. Don't underestimate Mike T.
    LA versus Phoenix. Not really unexpected. Taurasi is incredible to watch when she's on like that. Also, I don't know of another big player that's as graceful as Dupree. Delle Donne and Parker have a lot of skills but Dupree is just so smooth.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Way to go Fever... Great Win!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Boom!

No Katie Douglas, no problem.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Little birdy tells me that a band of psychotic degenerates are going to be behind the Chicago bench on Sunday.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Boom!

No Katie Douglas, no problem.
    At some point, people are going to have to admit that January, Phillips, and Zealous are pretty damn good. I struggle with who to root for in the East. I like all the teams. But I'm totally on board for a Fever vs. Mercury Round 2.

I'm really happy for Latta and Mike T. though. Mike T. is one of the best coaches in this league, and people had all but written Latta off. The turnaround for Washington has been good to see.
    Last edited by Sookie; 09-20-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    At some point, people are going to have to admit that January, Phillips, and Zealous are pretty damn good. I struggle with who to root for in the East. I like all the teams. But I'm totally on board for a Fever vs. Mercury Round 2.

I'm really happy for Latta and Mike T. though. Mike T. is one of the best coaches in this league, and people had all but written Latta off. The turnaround for Washington has been good to see.
    Can't forget Christmas. She has probably benefited the most from Katie being out and she has taken full advantage of her increased minutes. She doesn't turn it over, hits big shots, and has a knack for playing bigger than her size under the rim. Fun to watch.

I hope Washington closes it out tonight.

Sports Logo

With the recent news that Katie is out for the remainder of the playoffs, can we re-sign Breland? Or is there a playoff roster deadline like in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    With the recent news that Katie is out for the remainder of the playoffs, can we re-sign Breland? Or is there a playoff roster deadline like in the NBA?
    Guess not.

With Jessica Davenport already ruled out for the season with a left tibia stress fracture, the Fever will continue their playoff run with just nine players. Ironically, it was with nine players and after two injuries in the playoffs last season that the resilient Fever endured the hardship to win their first title.
    http://www.wnba.com/fever/news/katie...013_09_21.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    Can't forget Christmas. She has probably benefited the most from Katie being out and she has taken full advantage of her increased minutes. She doesn't turn it over, hits big shots, and has a knack for playing bigger than her size under the rim. Fun to watch.

I hope Washington closes it out tonight.
    Absolutely. But it was those three guards who were fantastic in the finals last season after no one gave Indiana a prayer against Minnesota (without Katie.) which is why I singled them out.

I was hoping to see Washington and Phoenix move on tonight. Washington didn't show up and Phoenix is down by 10 entering the fourth. A lot of strange games so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    I was hoping to see Washington and Phoenix move on tonight. Washington didn't show up and Phoenix is down by 10 entering the fourth. A lot of strange games so far.
    Yea, Phoenix's stupid was on full blast tonight. IMO, refs got in Diana's head a bit, too.

Mood

This Fever team has been so damn resilient over the past two seasons. Really proud of them.

They are playing like they know they are champions.
    Last edited by gummy; 09-22-2013 at 03:52 PM.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

I guess we just have Chicago's number. Wow.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

ha, flipped over to check the score and my buddy's little brother is on the baseline filming, I had no idea

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I guess we just have Chicago's number. Wow.
    Their landline, their cell, their zip code, that beeper that doesn't even work anymore...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Wow, congrats Indiana. I'm sure the league would have preferred Delle Donne in the conference finals but Indiana just outplayed them.

I'm not real surprised by the outcome of this series, and was honestly kind of shocked at how many posters on RebKell were penciling the Sky into the finals. Experience counts this time of year, and the Fever have plenty of it.

Welcome to Upset City!

(Although, was it really that much of an upset? )
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

The Fever matched up so well against the Sky that it is almost a false result - just one of those cases where I think the Sky are unable to take advantage of the Fever's weaknesses but the Fever can take advantage of the Sky.

I am much more concerned about Washington or Atlanta.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Fever vs. Dream in Eastern Conference Finals, Lynx vs. Mercury in the West.

It won't be easy, but Atlanta is beatable. I was hoping Washington could hold onto their early lead tonight but the officials tried to foul out most of their team.

Atlanta should be better than what they've played like. I just don't think you can underestimate the heart of this Fever team. So I'm going to predict the Fever win.

Merc vs. Lynx. I'd love to go in believing the Mercury have a shot. And I suppose if Taurasi is on the team, they have a shot. But my prediction is the Lynx will be in the finals.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I think the Fever lose to Atlanta, though it would not surprise me if they split the first two and it comes down to the third one.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Tough loss in Atlanta tonight. It just never felt like the Fever would win this game. The Dream led most of the way and answered every run by the Fever.

Katie Douglas's postseason roster spot is the bane of our existence, I'm afraid. Not having Breland right now is really tough.