Thread: Is JO Confident or Still Immature?

Hybrid View

Default Is JO Confident or Still Immature?

I was reading an article in the latest edition of "Slam" where they had an interview with Jermaine. It seemed like every other paragraph he was praising himself for being the best in the league.

Still after he dunks or blocks a shot he still seems to have the need to stand there and stare down the crowd while the rest of the team is going down to set up on defense. He did that 2 or 3 times at the All Star game.

It's like ok JO, you a bad man. But tone it down some. let your game and your record speak for you. I was hoping that he would grow out of this. I know he has to some extent but still needs some more maturing evidently.

He also said something to the effect that "that he really wants to win a championship in Indiana so he can say that DW took a chance on him and he was able to bring a championship to Indiana"

then he said something strange. "Once I do that, that's it, I'm done"

I'll try to bring the magazine to work so I can get direct quotes.

Default Re: Is JO Confident or Still Immature?

Glad I could stir up some conversation with this. Next time I'll use UB or Pecks name.

Actually, I feel he is a bit of both.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Banned

Many of the young players today aren't schooled in professionalism. Especially players who didn't go to college. Aside from learning how to play, one benefit of playing in college is learning how to ACT. JO missed this lesson, instead, he spent 4 years that he would have been in college serving as R. Wallace's understudy in Portland. Is it a mystery why he doesn't always act with complete professionalism?

A good contrast is Freddie Jones. He spent four years in college under a pretty strict coach, and he came into the league pretty humble and under control of his emotions.

I think JO will "get it" eventually, it will just take him a little longer.