View Poll Results: Was Ron Artest's season long suspension too harsh?

Voters
9842427. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was too harsh! Stern is after the PACERS!

40 0.00%
  • No, Ron is a knucklehead. He's a thug rapper. He got what he deserved.

9,842,387 100.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

XXSASSXX31

Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

26-10 in favor of Ronnie and the Pacers now...it keeps on growing!

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    26-10 in favor of Ronnie and the Pacers now...it keeps on growing!
    Stop voting. The poll is not scientific; therefore, it is flawed and invalid. It does not "prove" any point you may be trying to make.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Look, I am not taking a scientific poll here.

Right now, it is 17-6 in favor of Ron and the Pacers and no my poll is not flawed and it is not invalid. This forum favors Ron 17-6 at the current point and the ones who hate him posted here while the ones who support him simply have not because some of them may feel like they will get chastised by some of you....

Pacer fans I have met throughout support Ron unanimously...even ones I know in Indy who regularly goes to games...all I have to say is look at all the Ron Artest jerseys in the crowd and throughout the country I find the Ron Artest jersey to be the most popular even ahead of J.O.

Look for me at the Pacer-Suns game Sunday in Phoenix, I will be right behind the Pacer bench...1st row!
    Actually, yes, the poll is flawed and invalid. Statistics 101.

Problems with the poll at a glance: Two extreme answers to choose from, a person can vote more than once, nonrandom biased sample, etc.

Once again, you have not met all Pacers fans, so don't generalize. This is a topic that I know you CANNOT generalize. It elicits too many different responses.

I love Artest as a player. And I think Stern acted too quickly. And, I think that the year long suspension is rather harsh, but a new precedent needed to be set. Ron Artest is being made an example. Sometimes that needs to be done.

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    Actually, yes, the poll is flawed and invalid. Statistics 101.

Problems with the poll at a glance: Two extreme answers to choose from, a person can vote more than once, nonrandom biased sample, etc.

Once again, you have not met all Pacers fans, so don't generalize. This is a topic that I know you CANNOT generalize. It elicits too many different responses.

I love Artest as a player. And I think Stern acted too quickly. And, I think that the year long suspension is rather harsh, but a new precedent needed to be set. Ron Artest is being made an example. Sometimes that needs to be done.

Once again, I am not voting over and over...you can only vote once on these boards....

Now again, I question the loyalty of Pacer fans who say that the suspension was just and a "new precedent" needed to be set...why?!?!

Why was the blame not shared around the table? Why did Ben the Punk Wallace get only 6 games? How come the Referees did not eject Wallace? The refs did not have control of the game and the incident was dragging on...where in the hell was Detroit security???? The blame obviously was not shared around as it should have been.

You can not like Ron and want him traded...but for any sane person to say thge suspensions were "just" and not overboard based on any factor....I question their loyalty because the suspensions were not just an attack on Ron Artest, but they were an attack on the Pacers organization and to Pacer fans everywhere...

BTW, you are right...I may not know Pacer fans all over the world...every single one...but based on the ones I do know and the ones I see on tv...the Ron Artest jersey is still very popular and is one of the highest Pacer selling jerseys....these numbers are very important and even though the anti-Ron crowd organized 13 votes against Ron (probably double votes)....Pacers Digest members still clearly favor Ron and the Pacers.

"probably double votes"? Sassan, you JUST SAID in the SAME post that you can't do that on these polls (and you're right, you can't). What was that?

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    "probably double votes"? Sassan, you JUST SAID in the SAME post that you can't do that on these polls (and you're right, you can't). What was that?
    What if people made multiple screennames??? I don't have any multiple sns....and what if there was an organized effort? I sure did not have an organized rally for people to vote Pro-Ron...people saw the poll and voted!

I HIGHLY doubt people took all that time and effort for this. And, actually, you have a bunch of aliases...

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I HIGHLY doubt people took all that time and effort for this. And, actually, you have a bunch of aliases...
    I DID....all my other ones are banned and I only use this one.

Ok.

Since this thread had gone to hell, I would like to say something. Something strange has happened to the chair I sit in, previously amazingly comfortable, it has been now robbed of that necessary "comfort" factor. It is like I am being punished here, this thing is bound to hurt me. Sassoon I am blaming you for this strange occurance.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Wow you were 24 or 25???

Of course you are A Pacer fan and a lot of you are....and you should be proud...but there comes to an extent where just some fans bash everything about this team instead of rallying behind it...

I mean on this forum I have even heard the call of "Trade Stephen Jackson" because he is a thug...I am a Pacer fan and I am proud.

Again, I turn 21 in May and I have been a Pacer fan before I was 10 and have never stepped in Indiana...I have given a lot up for the Pacers and I do not regret it one bit....but I have never started to backstab them even some of the players I was not too fond of...there really comes a limit, if I didn't know any better and just by reading the posts I would think some on here hate the Pacers.

A couple of things.

1. No, my bad. I was 27 when we started posting together so I was still a little older than you are now. God that feels like a lifetime ago.

2. Ok, now that you've said that I'm a Pacers fan how do we reconcile the fact that I am Ron Artest biggest detractor on here. You think Jay is bad? I've been on his @ss since the day he punched Andre Kirlinko in the back of the head two seasons ago. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a wonderfull baskteball talent & I would love for nothing more for than the guy to be able to get it together & help the team. But I've just seen to much. To me the fight on the 19th was not the end with him. That came a long time ago.

But having said all of that, I love the Pacers. We both know that. Trust me I know you love the Pacers to, but I just don't support Ron.

3. What school are you going to now? I know you used to go to a high $$$ private blue ribbon prep. school. Where did you get into?

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Since this thread had gone to hell, I would like to say something. Something strange has happened to the chair I sit in, previously amazingly comfortable, it has been now robbed of that necessary "comfort" factor. It is like I am being punished here, this thing is bound to hurt me. Sassoon I am blaming you for this strange occurance.

When you betray Ron...you betray me...so I cast a curse on you...lol i'm joking. Sorry about your chair.

XXSASSXX31

It seems interesting, doesn't it????

The poll had it supporting Ron 26-10 and all of a sudden 6 people voted against Ron and the PACERS??? You're telling me they had only 10 votes but all of a sudden 6 people jumped in against Ronnie...i'm telling you, the anti-Ron crowd organized their efforts or a poster made various usernames to do this...but regardless even with their tactics, even Pacers Digest members clearly favor Ron and support him.

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    A couple of things.

1. No, my bad. I was 27 when we started posting together so I was still a little older than you are now. God that feels like a lifetime ago.

2. Ok, now that you've said that I'm a Pacers fan how do we reconcile the fact that I am Ron Artest biggest detractor on here. You think Jay is bad? I've been on his @ss since the day he punched Andre Kirlinko in the back of the head two seasons ago. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a wonderfull baskteball talent & I would love for nothing more for than the guy to be able to get it together & help the team. But I've just seen to much. To me the fight on the 19th was not the end with him. That came a long time ago.

But having said all of that, I love the Pacers. We both know that. Trust me I know you love the Pacers to, but I just don't support Ron.

3. What school are you going to now? I know you used to go to a high $$$ private blue ribbon prep. school. Where did you get into?
    Peck,

Time truly has gone by so fast...it really is scary...i'm going to be 21 soon...it is frightening when you think about how short life really is.

You don't have to support Ron 100% to love the Pacers...but there comes to a limit which boundaries are drawn. Even if you want to trade Ron, I do not see how you can put 100% of the blame on Ron for what happened on 11/19 and I do not see how a rational person can justify the season long suspension of Ron based on precedence or any factor you want to look at! Ron was attacked on 11/19 twice and a year before he had coins thrown at him so he snapped...he should have been punished but a year long suspension was clearly overboard and was not just an insult at Ron but was an insult on the Pacers franchise.

I do support Ron, and we must look at how much his behavior had improved before 11/19....Ron is a interesting individual and we must look at all the factors...but I believe he will return next season and help our team dramatically.

Peck,

I never went to a "private prep. school"...I am not sure where you got that one at but I did go to a Blue Ribbon High School...I am going to a j.c. and working and will transfer to UCI hopefully soon...

LOL!111!!!!!1111!!!11!!!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Free post

Greatest thread ever

Quote Originally Posted by Nino Brown
    Free post
    I want one too!