View Poll Results: Was Ron Artest's season long suspension too harsh?

Voters
9842427. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was too harsh! Stern is after the PACERS!

40 0.00%
  • No, Ron is a knucklehead. He's a thug rapper. He got what he deserved.

9,842,387 100.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

I took it as him saying that I needed to know my place as an 18y/o. Now that you've both said that, I can see the other side.

How about a confirmation either way Los?

I'm getting ready to leave work, so I'll get it out of the way right now if I was wrong. "I took your post the wrong way, and I apologize."

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

WHOA!!!!

Yeah - Somewhere between Jay's and VA's versions are where I was going - but I was just givin a little ribbing, too.

No, you don't need to know your place. Your place is here, as a Pacer fan, and I certainly respect your opinions. My comment was partly a recognition of your handle "Since86" and partly a way to call you out for wanting to keep Ron BUT ALSO saying he needs to grow up. The fact that you've been alive 8 years less than Ron, but see his lack of maturity says volumes about this topic. If you were 3x champion Larry Bird, would you put up with a 26 year old all star who acts like he's in middle school? No way.

Anyway, didn't mean to insult you, in fact I meant quite the opposite.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: By opposite, I mean a compliment to you, and a ribbing/insult/whatever to Ron. *carry on*

XXSASSXX31

bump, I want this poll to be taken.

XXSASSXX31

6-2 now, in favor of Ronnie and the Pacers.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I guess I missed the class in high school where it said the older you are, the more mature you get.
    It's a half-truth, but you'd be surprised as you start your 20s.

Mood

I'm not going to vote on this poll, the answers are too extreme. Either I have to say Stern is out to "get" Indiana Pacers, or I call Ron a thug. No thank you.

XXSASSXX31

Well vote only if you want to. All i'm doing is getting the sentiment of the forum.

Mood

Well Sassan, I think it's the extreme answers that are keeping too many people from voting. Maybe trying one with more answers that cover the spread more, so to speak, might get more response.

XXSASSXX31

Thanks for your input Hicks. If I act inappropriately, please p.m. me and I will figure out my problems but otherwise I like the poll as it is....you said no Pacer fans call Ron a thug...well 3 of them already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    I thought LA's point was that you, at age 18, seemed to have a better handle on maturity than a 26 y/o so-called adult. In other words, that's the irony here.

EDIT - and even if I'm wrong, I like my interpretation better anyway.
    My take as well - LA was pointing out the irony of the situation, not taking a dig at you. If anything, it was a dig at Ron.

As for the poll - what is this - the 4th or 5th asking about the suspensions?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

XXSASSXX31

9-4 in favor of Ronnie and the Pacers...not everyone on this board hate Ron as you anti-Ron haters may want people who visit this board to think.

Mood

No one here hates Ron.

Well, maybe Jay But seriously no one HATES him. And I still want to know who calls him a thug.

XXSASSXX31

Hicks,

shaggs or whatever his name is has called him a thug alongside Stephen Jackson, and so has other Pacer fans on and off. I am @ work so I type fast on here and talk to clients and don't have time to look it up but I surely will later.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    9-4 in favor of Ronnie and the Pacers...not everyone on this board hate Ron as you anti-Ron haters may want people who visit this board to think.
    If anything, I would think Ron is more popular on this message board than he is anywhere else. I know plenty of long-time Pacers fans that, to my knowledge, don't post here or anywhere else, that also can't wait for the Pacers to sever thier ties with him so they can resume winning.

Not everybody that is ready to put his butt on the next train out of town cares about whether or not he's a "thug". We mostly just don't like watching him single-handedly destroy the team we love. I don't know about "hate" - that's a pretty strong word and I don't know him personally... Its not like I want to kill him or even kick him out of the league, I just don't want him to ever set foot in the Pacers lockerroom again.

That's the irony here... I've been cheering for this team since before you were born, but you *of all people* think you've got the right to tell people what they have to think to be a fan and if anyone disagrees with you then "he's not a fan."

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

XXSASSXX31

If anything, I would think Ron is more popular on this message board than he is anywhere else. I know plenty of long-time Pacers fans that, to my knowledge, don't post here or anywhere else, that also can't wait for the Pacers to sever thier ties with him so they can resume winning.

Not everybody that is ready to put his butt on the next train out of town cares about whether or not he's a "thug". We mostly just don't like watching him single-handedly destroy the team we love. I don't know about "hate" - that's a pretty strong word and I don't know him personally... Its not like I want to kill him or even kick him out of the league, I just don't want him to ever set foot in the Pacers lockerroom again.

That's the irony here... I've been cheering for this team since before you were born, but you *of all people* think you've got the right to tell people what they have to think to be a fan and if anyone disagrees with you then "he's not a fan."

Really Jay???? How about all those Ron Artest jerseys I see throughout the arena along with our players supporting Ron 100%!

XXSASSXX31

One more thing Jay,

I live in Southern California and even from Laker fans down here....they know the suspension is overboard and blame must be shared...I have seen too much anti-Ron and anti-Pacer sentiment on here that I have not seen anywhere else...so I think Ron is much more popular outside of these boards.

The younger Pacer fans all love Ron Artest...maybe a few older conservative fans don't....but Ron's jerseys sell out quick...he is right there along J.O. as a popular Pacer.

Really Jay???? How about all those Ron Artest jerseys I see throughout the arena along with our players supporting Ron 100%!
    You're right. Since some people are wearing Ron Artest jerseys he must be the only reason anybody should support the Pacers.

Forgive me Sassoooooon, I'm an unworthy Pacers fan.

Therefore:

I apologize sincerely for trying to be a "smart" fan, to analyze the games and the players, pointing out their strengths and admitting thier weaknesses, and for ever having a doubt any of the players that they've ever put on thier roster.

I'm also sorry to Erick Strickland for calling him the worst PG to ever put on a basketball uniform. And I'm sorry to Ron Mercer for calling him a streaky ballhog. And I'm sorry to George McCloud for calling him "the worst lottery pick of all time" and I'm sorry to Bender for ever doubting that he'll be the next great one - in fact he might be the "next Ron Artest." I should've thoroughly enjoyed every championship those guys have brought home to us. I can't believe how bad of a fan I've been.

One more thing Jay,

I live in Southern California and even from Laker fans down here....they know the suspension is overboard and blame must be shared...I have seen too much anti-Ron and anti-Pacer sentiment on here that I have not seen anywhere else...so I think Ron is much more popular outside of these boards.

The younger Pacer fans all love Ron Artest...maybe a few older conservative fans don't....but Ron's jerseys sell out quick...he is right there along J.O. as a popular Pacer.
    Really, 'cause I live in Chicago, where everyone has known for years just how disruptive he can be, especially if he isn't getting his way. They are only surprised that it took this long for him to do something this catastrophic. Don't forget, he had to be restrained by teammates from going after fans when he was a member of the Bulls.

I remember sitting at a game at The UC in 2003. The famous "Jamal Crawford torched Jamaal Tinsley game." Everybody sitting around me was convinced that JO had surpassed Kidd as "the East's MVP" that night. That was the first time I heard MVP and JO in the same sentence - from Bulls fans.

Ron fired up several consecutive rushed 3-pointers, JO never touched the ball in the fourth quarter. All the Bulls fans thanked me once again for taking Ron off thier hands as we exited the arena. They reminded me that the Bulls couldn't have won that game without Ron's ballhogging demonstration.

This isn't about being old and conservative. Its about caring about the team more than I care about its cancerous yet [in]famous player.

You still get the flag.

And I'm still going to point out that Ron is the disruptive cancer that he is. Because there are plenty of people on here ready to point out every single postive thing he does on the court but are completely willing to bury thier heads in the sand when its time to discuss his "sins." Well, with Ron you will never have one without the other.

Sassoon is making a list, he's checking it twice...

He is going to hunt me down, put me on his anti-Ron list, I must hide now.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

XXSASSXX31

You're right. Since some people are wearing Ron Artest jerseys he must be the only reason anybody should support the Pacers.

Forgive me Sassoooooon, I'm an unworthy Pacers fan.

Therefore:

I apologize sincerely for trying to be a "smart" fan, to analyze the games and the players, pointing out their strengths and admitting thier weaknesses, and for ever having a doubt any of the players that they've ever put on thier roster.

I'm also sorry to Erick Strickland for calling him the worst PG to ever put on a basketball uniform. And I'm sorry to Ron Mercer for calling him a streaky ballhog. And I'm sorry to George McCloud for calling him "the worst lottery pick of all time" and I'm sorry to Bender for ever doubting that he'll be the next great one - in fact he might be the "next Ron Artest." I should've thoroughly enjoyed every championship those guys have brought home to us. I can't believe how bad of a fan I've been.

What are you rambling about? You said Ron Artest is more popular on here than at the games and I am just pointing out Ron Artest and Jermaine O'Neal are the two most popular Pacers right now. You said Pacer fans do not support him, I say they support him very much as shown by the poll (I don't know why more don't come and speak out here) and much more in person.

It's easy to tell why more people aren't voting on your poll. First, theres been so many more of them, and the choices are way too extreme.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

XXSASSXX31

Really, 'cause I live in Chicago, where everyone has known for years just how disruptive he can be, especially if he isn't getting his way. They are only surprised that it took this long for him to do something this catastrophic. Don't forget, he had to be restrained by teammates from going after fans when he was a member of the Bulls.

I remember sitting at a game at The UC in 2003. The famous "Jamal Crawford torched Jamaal Tinsley game." Everybody sitting around me was convinced that JO had surpassed Kidd as "the East's MVP" that night. That was the first time I heard MVP and JO in the same sentence - from Bulls fans.

Ron fired up several consecutive rushed 3-pointers, JO never touched the ball in the fourth quarter. All the Bulls fans thanked me once again for taking Ron off thier hands as we exited the arena. They reminded me that the Bulls couldn't have won that game without Ron's ballhogging demonstration.

This isn't about being old and conservative. Its about caring about the team more than I care about its cancerous yet [in]famous player.

You still get the flag.

And I'm still going to point out that Ron is the disruptive cancer that he is. Because there are plenty of people on here ready to point out every single postive thing he does on the court but are completely willing to bury thier heads in the sand when its time to discuss his "sins." Well, with Ron you will never have one without the other.

All of the Pacers have had bad games like that including Reggie...this was before Ron elevated his game like it is today. I could care less what a bunch of Bulls fans said...you can discuss his sins all you want but I will discuss how important of a piece he is to our team and how he is one of the top 5 players to be in the NBA and will be an MVP Candidate next year.

Ron Artest dominates on the defensive and offensive end...in every aspect of the game you can imagine. We will not get rid of Ron, he is just too valuable and on 11/19 he did not start fighting someone before being attacked first...but he will surely learn from these incidents and it is going to make him a possible MVP next year...I wouldn't be surprised if Ron was MVP.

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    OOh, Ooh, can I play

"I live in Virginia and I think I have seen all of one Pacers jersey over my last 5 years here"

I saw a kid in my HS with a reggie one.

I wore my Artest (when I still had his jersey), Foster, JO, Reggie, and Rose (when I had that one) but even at the Wizards - Pacers game I only really see Reggie jerseys, and that cause what the Wizards used to sell pre-game

What in the hell are you talking about?

Looking at jersey's at Pacer game determines the players popular status. That is what I was arguing and that is what is true.

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    It's easy to tell why more people aren't voting on your poll. First, theres been so many more of them, and the choices are way too extreme.
    I like them extreme...I like to see where people stand on this issue and the poll brings out their true colors!

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Sassoon is making a list, he's checking it twice...

He is going to hunt me down, put me on his anti-Ron list, I must hide now.
    Spell my name right! It's SASSAN.