View Poll Results: Was Ron Artest's season long suspension too harsh?

Voters
9842427. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was too harsh! Stern is after the PACERS!

    40 0.00%
  • No, Ron is a knucklehead. He's a thug rapper. He got what he deserved.

    9,842,387 100.00%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 169

Thread: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

  1. #1
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    I have to bring this into call for this entire forum...supporting Ron Artest is supporting the franchise of the Indiana Pacers.

    Too many people on here are so quick to bash Ron Artest and want to get rid of him for nothing!

    The fact of the matter is that Ron Artest is a vital piece of our team to win a championship and what happened on 11/19 was unfortunate but we must look at the mitigating factors and realize that suspending him for the season was clearly overboard and in no way can be justified.

    Supporting Ron Artest is supporting Jermaine O'Neal, supporting Stephen Jackson, and supporting rest of the Pacers. The reason many do not like Ron Artest on here is because of his so called "Thugish" image; and I have heard some "Pacer fans" on here say the same thing of Stephen Jackson.

    Some of you Pacer fans have to realize that Ron Ron is not responsible for the behavior of others such as J.O. and Stephen but Stephen and J.O. were out there to defend their pride and their family members when the unfortunate incident took place on 11/19. I don't see enough Pacer fans on here putting blame on Ben Wallace for inciting this....Palace security....Palace organization...the Referees for not controlling the game and kicking out Ben Wallace immediatly...the Auburn Hills Police...and most importantly the Detroit Pissertons fans who not only threw the cup at Ron Artest to start the chaos but for escalating it by throwing more cups at Ron in the crowd and showing us the classless type of people they are by behaving the way they did by drenching our team with alcohol, a thrown chair, and by going on the court.

    You have to understand, our team got disrespected and I guarantee you every Indiana Pacer supports Ron Artest and hates Detroit Pistons fans and will let it be known next time we beat them in Detroit. How come more Pacer fans are not outraged after our players got disrespected as human beings on 11/19, look what happened in the tunnel...but then you are so quick to Ron Artest because he is the quickest and easiest scapegoat possible....David Stern wanted to set Ron as an "example" and I find the suspensions can not even be justified even if you want to suspend him overboard. A 50 game suspension would have sent a very strong statement...the season long suspension took aim at a Pacer championship.

    With a Ron Artest...no one in the NBA can stop us from winning a title...we would clearly be favorites. Ron Artest elevates his game to a whole different level each year which is scary. Ron will score 25/game on you while shooting 90% free-throws and dominate both the inside/outside part of the offensive game while dominating his opponent defensively which in turns changes the whole game around. Ron is one of the top 5-10 players in the NBA and he is so young, and he will only continue to improve!!! He is not even at his peak...it is scary how good Ron Ron is and how much better he will get...

  2. #2
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    One more thing, this incident on 11/19 will bring our team closer together as a unit. Someone had posted that this incident would not bring our players closer, but I disagree. Our young players had time to develop and will get a chance to shine, and our whole organization will be closer as a unit; especially Ronnie.

    In the past years, all I had hoped for was one Pacer championship so we could call ourselves NBA Champions. With Ron Artest and J.O. and rest of our great players, I truly believe the Pacers can win several championships and go down as history as one of the greatest NBA teams...this team is just so good with Ron and it really is scary how much better we can get.

  3. #3
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    I agree.



  4. #4
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    bump, other people need to realize the importance of the message of supporting Ron Artest=supporting Pacers. Not supporting Ron = not supporting the Pacers franchise and organization.

  5. #5
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    How about you just speak for yourself?
    I'm so sick and tired of people setting up rules for others in regards to how to "support" their team.

    I'm a Pacers fan through and through. I don't put the entire blame on either side. I agree with some things you said and I disagree with others. But guess what? It doesn't make me any less of a fan and you have no business tell me or anyone else otherwise.

  6. #6
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    There are limits to go by....but if you want to support the Pacers franchise, we Pacer fans must be united, not divided!

    One thing everyone should realize, Ron Artest is a vital key component of us being a dominant team year in and year out and winning NBA Titles.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Baron Davis and Jim Jackson would be more then nothing.

  8. #8
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Call my selfish, but I enjoy the Pacers for my own pleasure. It's not a community thing to me at all.

    I for one am fully aware of Ron's abilities as a player but I'm not blind to his outbursts of stupidity either.

    Doesn't make me any less of a fan. Not one iota.

  9. #9
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerCrazy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baron Davis and Jim Jackson would be more then nothing.
    They are no way players near Ronnie...but we would not get them for Ronnie alone!!! We'd have to give up Jamaal and someone else.. NOT WORTH IT!

  10. #10
    recap
    Guest

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Sasson,
    Would you trade Artest if it meant the difference between us winning and losing the championship this year?

  11. #11
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Quote Originally Posted by recap
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sasson,
    Would you trade Artest if it meant the difference between us winning and losing the championship this year?
    Recap, unfortunately it's not as simple as a Yes or No answer.

    My name is spelled Sassan* btw.

    Now to answer your question. I believe when Stephen Jackson comes back, our team can still compete for an NBA Championship. Whether or not we win it all or not, I do not believe there is anyone we can add to this team other than Ron Artest to make it better.

    This might be Reggie's last year....I understand how important it is to win a championship for him. What some people are not considering is there is still a chance Ron will come back by the end of the season.

    This team has a lot of talent, so I feel even if Ron is gone for the season; he is going to learn a lot from this and come back next year better than ever. I do not see why we should trade Ron and Tinz man Baron Davis etc....I think those trades will not make our team better in the short term or the long term.

    In the past, I felt all I wanted was one Pacer championship. I feel with Ron, he elevates his game every season and he can be one of the top 3 players in the NBA eventually....he is that good. Most of the people feel Ron should be gone are those who think he is a "thug" and do not support the Pacers franchise in supporting the 3 who got suspended: Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, and Jermaine O'Neal. Ron Artest is still a Pacer, and I believe he will be back as a Pacer either by the end of the year or next season.

    I just do not find one single player which we can replace Ron Artest with without hurting our team. Ron Artest is an amazing player who can keep bringing titles in the future....and as I said, this team still has a shot to make the NBA Finals without Ron Artest because we are a good team. With Ron, our team becomes extremely Elite and I believe the favorites for years to come.

  12. #12
    Banned JOneal7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    I agree...people are so quick to want to dump ron...thinking that it was his fault. Or that it was just so bound to happen. Had it been ANY other player...be it Tmac,Kobe,KG..would they not have done the same thing? and if it was someone like KG I bet you he wouldn't have gotten more than 5-8 games.

    FREE ARTEST

  13. #13
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Quote Originally Posted by efx
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about you just speak for yourself?
    I'm so sick and tired of people setting up rules for others in regards to how to "support" their team.

    I'm a Pacers fan through and through. I don't put the entire blame on either side. I agree with some things you said and I disagree with others. But guess what? It doesn't make me any less of a fan and you have no business tell me or anyone else otherwise.
    Exactly. Where does anyone get off thinking they can tell others how they are or are not a fan? They don't.

  14. #14
    Banned JOneal7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    hicks YOU are not a fan
    lol

  15. #15
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    This is insane, why did I read this.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Ron didn't cost the Pacers a shot at a championship last year any more than any other player.

  17. #17
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I wont argue there is star treatment, we will never know how any of those guys would have reacted. You can tell untill you have been in that situation.

    Also, have any of those guys:

    Breaking the camera
    Not getting along with teammates
    suspended by Thomas one game
    Suspended by league many games for flagerant fouls
    Migrines during playoffs
    Refuses to listen to coach's called plays
    refuses to get on team plane from miami
    asks for a month off to work on CD (Priorities...?)


    Keep in mind I left the brawl off. So I mean we can all ***** and wine, but you reep what you sew. Once you get a bad reputation in life, it is really hard to get rid of it, if you ever do. This is a lesson Ronnie had to learn the hard way, if he has learned it yet (I wont even ursue this any further, eveyone already knows how I feel about this topic)
    What happened in the past, is what happened in the past...it is not relevant to Ron.

    Ron has improved his behavior a lot in the last couple of years and that must be looked at too.

    As JOONEAL7 said, most NBA Players would have reacted the same way as Ron....unfortunately Ron was put in that position and attacked by animal Piston fans...what can I say? Ron is an amazing person who will be back in a Pacer uniform.

  18. #18
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, my last comment on this

    Like I said, what JO7 said may be true, but when cant say what any one def. would have done, cause we just dont plain know

    As for Ron costing us a title, his falgrent foul in game 6 certainly didnt help, along with his forced 3 pointer. He lost his composure, so yes, IMO he cost us that game.

    And I may only have a few years in the workforce, but you are kidding if you think that what happens in the past is not relevant to a person.

    People make judgements based on your past.

    The leage office wil be harsher on him than they would any one else who commits the same crime. Hell, we have already seen that to a point wiht precious punishments.

    and I wont even start on the refs and how they would be watching his every move.

    So wether it is Ron Artest or joe schmoe, your past actions have a HUGE impact on your future.

    It might not be fair, but thats life, wether you are a NBA player or a US Postal employee
    As I said before, several NBA Players have come out saying they would have the same thing, including Shaq.

    In Game 6, that was not a flagrant foul. It was a flop by Rip when the possession before Rip hit him much harder. What can Ron do, he's just so strong.

    The past should not matter in this case. What happened on 11/19 and what happened in the previous incidents do not correlate together. What happened on 11/19 was an isolated incident in which Ron got attacked, he did not start it...He got attacked TWICE. Ron should have been suspended, but if anyone says for the season it is ridiculus.

    Are you a Pacer fan? Why are you defending David Stern the piece of trash who has ruined the Pacers so many times over?

  19. #19
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Please stop questioning if people are "real" Pacer fans just because they don't agree with you, it is incredibly annoying.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  20. #20
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,087

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for Ron costing us a title, his falgrent foul in game 6 certainly didnt help, along with his forced 3 pointer. He lost his composure, so yes, IMO he cost us that game.
    So what happened in game 2? You can't blame a game on one player. If you follow your logic, Reggie lost game 2 by slowing down and not dunking. It's just plain dumb to say two things cost an entire game, and an entire series. JO might be blamed because he got hurt, what was he thinking going for a rebound. It's not a one on one game, its five on five. The team loses, not a player.

  21. #21
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Well that one player has done a pretty good job of wrecking this team's season.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  22. #22
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    He did a good job of wrecking 02-03 as well.

    I liked him last year, but then the ECF refusing to get on the plane thing.

    Loyalty to the pacers always.

    Loyalty to the players when they deserve it.

  23. #23
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Not to mention his stunt before 11/19, telling Rick his body "was hurting" and he planned to retire immediately (don't believe that CD story). Which destroyed any notion of the old "he wants to win so bad" argument. Think that stunt settled well with JO and the rest of the team? Not at all. JO kicked him out of the lockerroom when he tried to come in after that, and again the team plane on their way back to Indy (this was our road game vs Minnesota).

    He's been a problem over 3 seasons in at least 3 different ways now. Flagrants and T's, breaking things (be it the drink cart near the bench, banging the scorers table, breaking pictures in the lockerroom, or cameras), the "migraines", the not coming w/ the team on the plane during the playoffs, at least one instance of faking injury to not play because he was mad at the coach (he did early last year, and it looked like he did the first game this year; both he "miraculously" felt better at tipoff and played; and I've read he did so in Chicago before), the 'retirement', the brawl. It all adds up, and then some.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    I can't understand how anyone pins the ECF loss on Artest. His "flagrant" foul didn't help, but it didn't cost us the series. I felt Game 6 slipping long before that happened. We can speculate what would've happened if this or that had or hadn't happened, but it's just speculation. To pin that loss on any one player or play just isn't logical.

  25. #25
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,087

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Supporting Ron Ron= Supporting PACERS

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is all true, you need five guys to win a game.

    and for the record, yes Reggie did lose game two. He made a bad decision, IMO.

    JO has no control over getting hurt.

    I have seen many cases where a player can lose a game for a team, and Ron helped the Pacers lose that game. He wasnt the only one who had a bad game, but his bad shot selection (esp in the 4th quarter) and his STUPID STUPID untimely flagrent foul helped us lose that game
    If other players knock down more shots in the first half, the pacers aren't in the situation where a flagrant hurts them. It's still about who has the most points on the board.

    Yes, there are plays that turn momentum. But its up to the TEAM to get back into the game. After the call, they still had time to make stands, get points and win. ONE PLAY DOESN"T LOSE A GAME.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •