Thread: Tablet questions

Default Tablet questions

What do you own?

What are a couple things you like and dislike about it?

Thanks

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tablet questions

I have a iPad through work. The only thing I don't like is not being able to attach it to my sprint plan so I can use it without wifi. I also can't print from it.

I like the resolution, speed and size. I have not used other tablets besides this one, so I can't compare to others.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

iPad 2. Love it. Wonderful media player, and very convenient to travel with. Only real downside is the price.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-04-2013 at 11:59 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I have a 3rd generation iPad, and I also owned the 1st gen. as well.

I'm a big fan of them. They're a great way to experience media in virtually all of its forms. Internet, e-mail, social networks, video, music, books/magazines, and there's good games to be played if you're interested in that as well. Beautiful screen, they look great. Good battery life. I don't hardly every use them, but the cameras have improved quite a bit as well. Not so much the front facing camera on mine, but I believe that got upgraded with the 4th gen.

One of my old dislikes was that many websites didn't support the iPad for video playback, but that's 99% no longer a problem. Virtually every website now supports iPad. I don't think it's a great medium for getting work done the way you might on a Windows desktop or laptop, though. Though they do offer a suite of apps that give you office-ish functionality. Biggest obstacle with them really is the price. They're great.

If you do decide to go this direction, I would suggest skipping the ability to have cellular Internet unless you're sure you'll need it or use it often. I decided to give it a try with my newer iPad and I have barely ever used it. May as well have saved the money, in hindsight.

But that's also because my iPad is almost always in an environment that has WiFi available, too. I do travel, but 99.9% of the time I'm alone and driving myself around, so it's not like I'm on a plane or train looking for something to do. Plus, I have an iPhone, so in a pinch it does quite nicely for mobile Internet access.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

iPad Generation 4 (The Journey Continues) I'm not techie as everyone knows. I love this critter....especially since I installed Pinger for text and even some phonecalls. I'm a realtor so I use mine for business and when I call on a potential client I cannot rely on Wifi being available so I use cellular alot. And now I just found out there is a Powerpoint app available so I'll be using it even more.

LOVE IT!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Won an iPad at a Yahoo event.

Love my iPad. Didn't think I'd use it all that much...can barely set the thing down.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

I have the latest Samsung tablet with a 10" screen. I love it! I just got it last Thursday and I haven't slept much this week. It's my first one, so my review may not mean much. The sound is "ok" but the graphics are great. I can print from it, but only from a Samsung printer. I got this and my wife's GalaxyS4 from an Att promotion for $300. It has Swype on the keypad, which is great.

I have an 2nd generation iPad and it has all but replaced my laptop. I use my iPad for work and home. You have great apps like QuickOffice, GoToMeeting and Join.Me it makes a great device for work. At home is just so much nicer to have such a small device to play with. Sitting on the couch surfing the net or playing Hill Climb is so much easier than having a bulky laptop sitting on your lap.

FaceTime is fantastic because it lets you see the person you are talking to and it is great for people who live out of state. The camera is pretty good and the screen is pretty good as well. Amazon likes to promote how nice it is to read on their Kindle versus an iPad, but I have been getting my books just on my iPad and have no problems reading on it. The only downside is the price, but for what you get to me at least it is well worth the price.

My wife has a 1st generation iPad and it has done wonders for her class room with the various educational apps that are available. She really has modernized her class room through the iPad.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

hey fn.......I'm not techie. I cannot get my Kindle for iPad to work for me but then not having ever used a Kindle or bought downloadable books before may be the problem.

I have been searching for the Powerpoint for iPad app but all I find are How To's and the reviews of them are horrid.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hey fn.......I'm not techie. I cannot get my Kindle for iPad to work for me but then not having ever used a Kindle or bought downloadable books before may be the problem.

I have been searching for the Powerpoint for iPad app but all I find are How To's and the reviews of them are horrid.
    When you log onto Amazon.com and go to Manage Your Kindles there should a link on the left navigation called Manage Your Devices. This is where it would list each Kindle that you have registered. For mine it shows a regular Kindle and a Kindle Fire. If you scroll down on the page there will be a section called Registered Kindle Reading Apps.

This is where all of your apps will be listed. It has been awhile since I registered my app, but if I remember correctly you need to register on the app that is on your iPad. You would need your kindle email address so that Amazon knows to send your downloaded books to that app as well.

Thankfully I got a iTunes gift card and just bought the QuickOffice app which comes with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint in it. It is a bit expensive at $20, but when you are sitting in an airport waiting for a plane and your co-worker sends you a word doc or powerpoint it is nice to be edit it right there and send it back.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post: