Thread: LAC/IND

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default LAC/IND

LAC gets:

David West sign and trade (roughly $8-10M)
    Danny Granger
    IND first round picks in 2014 and 2016 with no protections (or 2013/15 or 15/17)

IND gets:

Blake Griffin
    Caron Butler

In this deal, there a couple of major assumptions:

1. That CP3 is indeed not happy playing alongside Blake Griffin.
    2. That Danny Granger will attain full health by training camp coming off knee surgery.
    3. That there needs to be a major overhaul of one of the most dyfunctional locker rooms in the league last year.

It makes a whole lot more sense to keep Jordan next to West. He's the complimentary player for West and West sets up CP3 to be better by having the consistent mid-range jumper to set up the pick and roll and thus the inside-out game. Right now, CP3 doesn't have a big that can knock that shot down, which really hurts the team's effectiveness offensively. If he isn't throwing a lob, he's got to find a perimter player whose man left him. You can push this team to the perimeter defensively if you have bigs that can contest CP3 scoring. Collapsing your bigs on him doesn't hurt if their bigs stay outside. They hurt you by crashing the boards and you have two players in Jordan and Griffin that replicate each other's skill set. They basically have to pay someone to take Jordan, whereas Griffin will bring a big return.

For us, we are hurt by the downgrade in leadership. We get a terrible shooter who is a liability at the end of games. He makes a lot of dumb plays and really is an overrated basketball player. He however is one of the best athletes I have ever seen. He is an upgrade long-term, but will cost us in Luxury Tax for a couple of years once PG gets his.

PG - CP3, Bledsoe
    SG - Crawford, Green
    SF - Granger, Summers
    PF - West
    C - Jordan

PG - Hill
    SG - Stephenson, Johnson
    SF - George, Butler, Green
    PF - Griffin, Mahinmi
    C - Hibbert, Plumlee

This trade may have to be broken up into two trades due to the sign-and-trade.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: LAC/IND

I'd rather have our guys.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't wish being traded to the Clippers on anyone, even Hedo Turkoglu.

No way I make this trade.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Banned

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LAC gets:

David West sign and trade (roughly $8-10M)
    Danny Granger
    IND first round picks in 2014 and 2016 with no protections (or 2013/15 or 15/17)

IND gets:

Blake Griffin
    Caron Butler

In this deal, there a couple of major assumptions:

1. That CP3 is indeed not happy playing alongside Blake Griffin.
    2. That Danny Granger will attain full health by training camp coming off knee surgery.
    3. That there needs to be a major overhaul of one of the most dyfunctional locker rooms in the league last year.

It makes a whole lot more sense to keep Jordan next to West. He's the complimentary player for West and West sets up CP3 to be better by having the consistent mid-range jumper to set up the pick and roll and thus the inside-out game. Right now, CP3 doesn't have a big that can knock that shot down, which really hurts the team's effectiveness offensively. If he isn't throwing a lob, he's got to find a perimter player whose man left him. You can push this team to the perimeter defensively if you have bigs that can contest CP3 scoring. Collapsing your bigs on him doesn't hurt if their bigs stay outside. They hurt you by crashing the boards and you have two players in Jordan and Griffin that replicate each other's skill set. They basically have to pay someone to take Jordan, whereas Griffin will bring a big return.

For us, we are hurt by the downgrade in leadership. We get a terrible shooter who is a liability at the end of games. He makes a lot of dumb plays and really is an overrated basketball player. He however is one of the best athletes I have ever seen. He is an upgrade long-term, but will cost us in Luxury Tax for a couple of years once PG gets his.

PG - CP3, Bledsoe
    SG - Crawford, Green
    SF - Granger, Summers
    PF - West
    C - Jordan

PG - Hill
    SG - Stephenson, Johnson
    SF - George, Butler, Green
    PF - Griffin, Mahinmi
    C - Hibbert, Plumlee

This trade may have to be broken up into two trades due to the sign-and-trade.
    I don't think the Clips would consider doing this. I would make the trade in a heart beat. You are set up for years to come and you dump older and injury prone players.

Sure, i'll take it. The Clippers won't do it. It's risky health wise and they'd probably lose some money and popularity with casual fans.
    Btw, weren't they reported to have passed on a DeAndre for Garnett deal or something like that? I imagine if they wanted to go for a short window deal, they would've taken that one.
    Last edited by hackashaq; 05-23-2013 at 08:11 AM.

I would think there would be more of a 3 way that would send Love to LA for Blake G. if either of those are considered for trades. Don't know if Minn. or the Clippers would consider that, but the chance to bring Love back home to LA might work in favor of it. We might be able to trade a semi- healthy Granger and a re-signed West to Minn. and Blake come here?