Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets cut Tebow

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jets cut Tebow

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 49s

The Omaha Beef (indoor football) are offering Tim Tebow a contract. Current Beef QB James McNear: "I think Tim can learn a lot from me."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heard on Bob and Tom this morning:

Sanchez tried to throw Tebow a going away party but it got intercepted!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

C'mon Tebow.....it's time to swallow your pride and switch positions. Do you really want to play QB for an indoor or Canadian football team that nobody cares about? This is the NFL. It is a privilege to play in the league. Teams have already inquired to see if you are willing to learn the TE position. Do it! You will still be a high profile player just because of who you are no matter what position you play.

Mood

I think that this is a great move for Tebow. For him to get out of the toxic situation that is the Jets. I'd like to see him get picked up from some team that could utilize his skills better. I know that it would not be us, but he is a skilled guy that could do well in a limited role. Say a team picks him up on the cheap and has him for short yardage situations where he could use his strong body or have the option to pass if the defense gets sucked into the gaps trying to stop him from running.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that this is a great move for Tebow. For him to get out of the toxic situation that is the Jets. I'd like to see him get picked up from some team that could utilize his skills better. I know that it would not be us, but he is a skilled guy that could do well in a limited role. Say a team picks him up on the cheap and has him for short yardage situations where he could use his strong body or have the option to pass if the defense gets sucked into the gaps trying to stop him from running.
    Well....nobody claimed him off waivers if that tells you anything. I think he's going to flat out have to change positions to stay in the NFL and I can't believe he is reluctant to do so.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Nobody is going to waste a roster spot on a guy because theoretically he should be really good at quarterback sneaking.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Tebow has good quarterback skills..... for a college team. Why would an NFL team want to change their offense just for Tebow?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Tebow has good quarterback skills..... for a college team. Why would an NFL team want to change their offense just for Tebow?
    Why would Tebow want to change his position just for an NFL team? LOL!!!!

I've heard he also got an offer from the Lingere Football League to be the league's QB coach.

"No Destiny, THIS is how you get behind the center ..........."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    But why spend all of that effort "thinking outside of the box" with him when you can instead develop a traditional passer that is far more suited for today's NFL?
    The "traditional passer" is no longer suited for the new NFL. Players like Kapernak, Wilson, RGIII, Cam Newton and Michael Vick are the future. If your QB cannot run the ball as well as pass, your team is too easy to defend against. Yes, their careers may well be shorter but they are going to be the ones doing the winning and getting to the super bowl. Look at running backs. They rarely last long in the new NFL. The new QB will be the same.... Coaches coming into the league will be bringing the spread offense from college ball (see Philly) and the new QB will have to be able to run the pistol as well as being able to get the ball downfield in the traditional game...
    Last edited by Blue&Gold; 05-02-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Gold View Post
    The "traditional passer" is no longer suited for the new NFL....
    Huh ??

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Gold View Post
    The "traditional passer" is no longer suited for the new NFL. Players like Kapernak, Wilson, RGIII, Cam Newton and Michael Vick are the future. If your QB cannot run the ball as well as pass, your team is too easy to defend against. Yes, their careers may well be shorter but they are going to be the ones doing the winning and getting to the super bowl. Look at running backs. They rarely last long in the new NFL. The new QB will be the same.... Coaches coming into the league will be bringing the spread offense from college ball (see Philly) and the new QB will have to be able to run the pistol as well as being able to get the ball downfield in the traditional game...
    LOL! Honestly why did you put Vick in there?

I will give this new offense another 2 years for me to believe its the future offense for the NFL. My prediction right now is it won't be as effective next year but it will be apart of some offenses in the NFL. To put simply it is the extra spice to an offense not the base flavor that most teams will want to run.

Tebow can't throw accurately which is why you don't change your entire offense for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Huh ??
    Its obvious Blue&Gold was hacked by none other than Olblu.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    He's a proven winner. Even when he was winning games by being a "terrible quarterback", his quarterbacking was questioned. I think the big thing is, his style is not what people are used to, and they have a hard time grasping that a quarterback doesn't have to be ______ . You know? We all have this preconceived notion of what a quarterback should be, and then someone comes along and plays it in a way we don't recognize, and we immediately shoot it down, and don't give it a shot. Denver gave it a shot, and they went on a deep playoff run. It didn't make sense to many people, but the results are the results. It's like people forgot how successful he can be at his job, simply because he went against his will to a jets team that has absolutely no idea what they're doing, and they stuck him into a system that sucked, performing roles that weren't suited to him, and everyone pointed and said, "See? He sucks." I could see Tebow succeeding in a few different offensive systems... Wildcat... these fancy new college hybrid option offenses like what RG3 and Wilson run...
    I wouldn't call winning one wildcard game a "deep" playoff run. It was a classic example of a lowly 8-8 division winner catching fire at home against a much better team (Pittsburgh) that was forced to play on the road because someone else won the division (Baltimore). It was just like what happened the year before when the Seahawks won their division at 7-9 and stunned the 11-5 defending champion Saints at home in the wildcard. The Broncos fell back to earth after that win against Pittsburgh when New England slaughtered them.

Mark Sanchez played in back to back AFC championship games in the first two seasons of his career and actually had some very impressive passer ratings in those two playoff runs. In fact, Sanchez beat both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back road playoff games. Yet is there anyone who has a positive opinion of Sanchez right now? The Tebow Broncos win over the Steelers was exciting, but it was a classic fluke.

All of the Tebow tape is out there for every single NFL executive to look at. He could obviously be had for the cheap right now. If no one picks him up as a QB, then that is a referendum on what the league thinks of his quarterbacking skills.

Speaking of Sanchez, I don't think it's ever a good omen when your QB is rocking a headband in his lettuce:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Speaking of Sanchez, I don't think it's ever a good omen when your QB is rocking a headband in his lettuce:
    Not that there's anything wrong with that ......................

So nobody wants Tebow because of the ESPN circus around him. Which makes sense, the guy's worth a roster spot, but as a backup. What front office is going to want to be criticized for idiotic reasons on national TV every day when they can sign Joe Blow to do the same thing? Too late to reverse course now, but good job killing a guy's career ESPN.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ti...054940389.html

I think Tebow had enough to do with killing his own career because of "flawed mechanics, much-maligned throwing motion or deficiencies when it comes to reading defenses".

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eh I still believe Tebow will be back in the league one day, possibly as a starter.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So nobody wants Tebow because of the ESPN circus around him. Which makes sense, the guy's worth a roster spot, but as a backup. What front office is going to want to be criticized for idiotic reasons on national TV every day when they can sign Joe Blow to do the same thing? Too late to reverse course now, but good job killing a guy's career ESPN.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ti...054940389.html

No one would care about the ESPN frenzy if he was actually any good. But given that he has minimal quarterbacking skills, teams have decided that inviting a circus simply isn't worth it for a player who isn't good. I think the ESPN frenzy about a backup is ridiculous, but it's not their fault he isn't playing.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: