Thread: Like, Ohmigod! Sorority email hilarity (NWFW)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Like, Ohmigod! Sorority email hilarity (NWFW)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Old news, but hilarious nonetheless.

I don't pretend to know anything about the Greek lifestyle, but I can totally understand her frustration at the incompetence of her sisters while laughing at her total loss of her grip on reality. You're in charge of a sorority. You aren't a drill sergeant. There's no scenario where cussing out an entire house of teenage girls works out for you.

A the same time, of she ever gets her temper under control....she has a great future in the business world.
    Last edited by Kstat; 04-28-2013 at 06:41 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: Like, Ohmigod! Sorority email hilarity (NWFW)

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Old news, but hilarious nonetheless.

I don't pretend to know anything about the Greek lifestyle, but I can totally understand her frustration at the incompetence of her sisters while laughing at her total loss of her grip on reality. You're in charge of a sorority. You aren't a drill sergeant. There's no scenario where cussing out an entire house of teenage girls works out for you.

A the same time, of she ever gets her temper under control....she has a great future in the business world.
    Cut me some slack, I just got back in the country

She was out of line, but as someone who was involved in greek life (albeit for a short time) I will say that is not all that uncommon. A lot of things are said in the heat of the battle, especially when things get competitive. I know it sounds like excuse making, but you have to understand the whole context to understand the mentality (and stress) at times.

That said, the note was 100% out of line. I also think it was stupid of whoever (or whom ever) released it

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Cut me some slack, I just got back in the country

She was out of line, but as someone who was involved in greek life (albeit for a short time) I will say that is not all that uncommon. A lot of things are said in the heat of the battle, especially when things get competitive. I know it sounds like excuse making, but you have to understand the whole context to understand the mentality (and stress) at times.

That said, the note was 100% out of line. I also think it was stupid of whoever (or whom ever) released it
    Yeah, I was pretty heavily involved in greek life and this stuff is extremely common in fraternities and not uncommon in sororities either. Maybe not to this degree, but it happens. Personally, I have no problem with it and think it's pretty ******* funny. The real dick is whoever leaked that to the internet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

What organization Cdash? I got a bid for Sigma Chi my senior year, I forget what they called it but I did not have to rush. I also had lived/hung out with most of the guys as soon as I transferred into the University.

Perhaps it is just me, but I think this level of crazy is normal in sororities. Fraternities have their own level of crazy, no doubt.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    What organization Cdash? I got a bid for Sigma Chi my senior year, I forget what they called it but I did not have to rush. I also had lived/hung out with most of the guys as soon as I transferred into the University.

Perhaps it is just me, but I think this level of crazy is normal in sororities. Fraternities have their own level of crazy, no doubt.
    Acacia. Which has since been booted off campus at IU, but apparently coming back next year or something. It was just a matter of time; things were getting out of control when I was there. It was fun, but nationals didn't agree

Yeah, I mean I know it sounds bad but I can kind of understand her frustration. Obviously I know nothing of their greek life hierarchy and which houses are "top tier" and which aren't. That said, if a lower tier sorority was paired with a upper level fraternity, those girls make a huge ****ing deal about showing up for **** and making a good impression. It's almost seen as their chance to level up, for lack of a better term.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: