Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Sorry, But I'm Already Geeking Up For Knicks Vs Hicks: The Rebirth

Default I'm Sorry, But I'm Already Geeking Up For Knicks Vs Hicks: The Rebirth

This series is with Hawks is done in my eyes as I'm confident we'll talk care of business..but man if the Knicks advance, next round will be ridiculously EPIC! So much history! No more NBA TV for us!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I'm Sorry, But I'm Already Geeking Up For Knicks Vs Hicks: The Rebirth

Yeah. I'm ready for that series too. I think we'll beat the Hawks in 5, but the Celtics still have a chance vs the Knicks
    "We want Miami"

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. I'm ready for that series too. I think we'll beat the Hawks in 5, but the Celtics still have a chance vs the Knicks
    Bring back Knicks Pacers of the 90s. I don't think they will like the physicality of that .

Default Re: I'm Sorry, But I'm Already Geeking Up For Knicks Vs Hicks: The Rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Bring back Knicks Pacers of the 90s. I don't think they will like the physicality of that .
    Well there's not that Miller-Starks, Miller-Knick fans, Smits-Ewing, Davis boys-Mason/Oakley rivalries there. I mean PG vs Melo is an interesting matchup though
    "We want Miami"

Too early. Atlanta could easily win these next two games.
    @qandrews9428

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Playoffs should be considered ONE GAME AT A TIME. ALWAYS.

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    They could win the next two, but I wouldn't say "easily".

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I hadn't really learned that lesson until last year

Damn you LeBron!
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Exactly. I like to savor every game anyway, playoffs are not something to be taken for granted. Everything in its due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Well there's not that Miller-Starks, Miller-Knick fans, Smits-Ewing, Davis boys-Mason/Oakley rivalries there. I mean PG vs Melo is an interesting matchup though
    Then this begins it.

I hope this isn't jinxing things, we still have to get one in Atlanta for me to feel comfortable about thinking ahead.
    I really do want to see the Knicks matchup. For one thing this will decide for me if PG is really an elite defender. If Melo averages 20 or less, you have to give it up to PG. If he averages closer to 25 but has to work for it then you can call PG a good but not elite defender.

Nothing like MSG for Paul George's star to be born.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Hmm, Knicks vs Hicks. I'll take Hicks in game 1. After all, if he can handle PD...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jdw For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I hope this isn't jinxing things, we still have to get one in Atlanta for me to feel comfortable about thinking ahead.
    I really do want to see the Knicks matchup. For one thing this will decide for me if PG is really an elite defender. If Melo averages 20 or less, you have to give it up to PG. If he averages closer to 25 but has to work for it then you can call PG a good but not elite defender.
    Not necessarily... Elites should be allowed an Achilles Heal and still be considered as such...

Paul stated in a video posted on here the other day that Melo is the hardest guy in the league to defend... I feel like if he can effectively guard 99.9% of the league that is elite...

It also somewhat scares me for round 1... But it will be a good challenge that will give him an opportunity to grow...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Mood

That isn't fair, Melo is likely to get his 25+ no matter who in NBA history is defending him. He may take his 35 shots to get it, but he can hit some shots that no player in NBA history could have stopped. Making him work extremely hard for his 25 points qualifies as an elite defender. Also we already have enough sample size to call Paul elite on defense, he's not at risk of losing that distinction if he doesn't hold the scoring champion more than 9 points below his average...

Mood

I've always hated the "Hicks," tag. I know some can embrace it, but it irritates me. Could partly be because I've been living in So Cal for awhile now but trying to get back to Indiana for years. If I had a penny for all the times someone said to me: "You want to move to Indiana?? But why?!?!?" A lot of people really do think that the city of Indianapolis is mostly cow pastures bordered by corn and wheat fields where we gather in the middle of town for a hoedown when we get bored, which is every night.

(Actually, a hoedown around monument circle would be hilarious.)

OK, I'm exaggerating. But I have a lot of Hoosier pride and am very aware of the "brain drain," problem (college educated/highly skilled folks leaving the state) and I can't help but wonder how much this perception plays into it...

Geez. Sorry to stray off topic. Anyway, I am looking forward to the Knicks series. I agree that the playoffs are one game a time though, so I'm not thinking about that too much,
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

If that's the standard, then there were no "elite defenders" when Jordan played.

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    I've always hated the "Hicks," tag. I know some can embrace it, but it irritates me. Could partly be because I've been living in So Cal for awhile now but trying to get back to Indiana for years. If I had a penny for all the times someone said to me: "You want to move to Indiana?? But why?!?!?" A lot of people really do think that the city of Indianapolis is mostly cow pastures bordered by corn and wheat fields where we gather in the middle of town for a hoedown when we get bored, which is every night.

OK, I'm exaggerating. But I have a lot of Hoosier pride and am very aware of the "brain drain," problem (college educated/highly skilled folks leaving the state) and I can't help but wonder how much this perception plays into it...

Geez. Sorry to stray off topic. Anyway, I am looking forward to the Knicks series. I agree that the playoffs are one game a time though, so I'm not thinking about that too much,
    This is essentially the reason why I left Chicago, I was tired of people saying things like "You like Indiana, why?" and "I could never live there" not to mention the Ohio bashing and the general sense of everything midwest is sad except Chicago, as if the nasty weather and ****** attitudes were the only good spots of the region.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

This thread is the mother of all jinxes.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Why don't we go with the Hoosiers vs losers?

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post

Danger Zone

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

if this jinx us and we end up losing this series with Atlanta...mods you know what to do :P

...kidding, maybe

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Maybe? There is no "maybe"!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This is essentially the reason why I left Chicago, I was tired of people saying things like "You like Indiana, why?" and "I could never live there" not to mention the Ohio bashing and the general sense of everything midwest is sad except Chicago, as if the nasty weather and ****** attitudes were the only good spots of the region.
    This thread is a major jinx.

Though beside pride and family, I don't see why someone who is single would want to live in Indiana/Cleveland over Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

Though beside pride and family, I don't see why someone who is single would want to live in Indiana/Cleveland over Chicago.
    Three words: cost-of-living. It's embarassing that my friend makes $30k a year in Cleveland and lives middle class while my Chicago friends make $5k less yearly and are on the verge of destitute.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

Because **** Chicago.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post: