Thread: Any insight into the rift between Dan Dackich and Mark Boyle?

Default Any insight into the rift between Dan Dackich and Mark Boyle?

I have a general dislike for Dakich, as I don't think he is nearly as smart as he thinks he is. I catch bits of his show at times while driving as I don't bother to turn the channel. But he was going out of his way to insult Mark today on his show. I had heard mention that he no longer goes on Dakich show anymore previously. so I was wondering if anyone had any clue what happened?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Any insight into the rift between Dan Dackich and Mark Boyle?

* Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Citizens,

I believe I've addressed this before, but for those who are interested and didn't see my earlier remarks I will do so again.

I have no issue with Dan Dakich. I have chided him on Twitter on occasion, including earlier this week, for his negative stance on Lance Stephenson. Dan is loathe to admit he's wrong about anything, he's been a Lance detractor from the beginning, and twice this season I've asked on Twitter whether he was willing to admit that he might have been wrong. I'm told that he finally did so the other day, and I've also been told that he's taken to personally attacking me on more than one occasion. I don't listen to his show, so I don't know if either of those things are true. I do know that I have no issue with Dan; I haven't even spoken with him in at least a year, perhaps longer.

Hope that clarifies things for those that are interested.

MJB

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mboyle1313 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Kind of. Seems like he has a problem with you, no? Didn't you used to talk with him on air fairly regularly?

Hicks,

I have no idea whether he has a problem with me, as I would never presume to speak for anyone else. And, yes, I did come on his show on a regular basis for awhile, but when the station eliminated compensation for that I decided not to appear regularly any more. I am available to all shows, on 1070 and elsewhere, as availability dictates, but Dan's producer hasn't invited me to appear for quite some time.

MJB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mboyle1313 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I vote that Dan sits in as a play by play guy on one of the games where Slick decides to take the night off.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I used to enjoy when you were on Dan's show. Used to think the chemistry between the two of you was always good and it was often very funny.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Figured this was a good thread to toss out my media story.

This was in 1986(?) and Dr. Jack Ramsay was going to give some type of coaching talk in THaute. I was working security at the event and as we waited for the coach to arrive there were two competing television sports anchors standing in a hallway outside the meeting room who would attempt to get an interview. The one anchor was really agitated and complaining to his cameraman cause Ramsay was running late. I figured I'd help him out a little if they were on some type of deadline by giving him some inside info. Basically I knew which parking lot and reserved space he was going to be pulling into and that he could probably grab his interview sooner. But..... I didn't get two words out of my mouth before he puts his hand up and says " yo, I'm busy" and just brushes me off and walks away.

Meanwhile anchor #2 who is just standing there waiting looks over and says to me "Yeah he's kind of known as a dick". I start laughing and say I don't take things personal in this job but how would you like to get that first shot at an interview?

Long story short.... I got Jack Ramsay parked in his reserved space. Reporter #2 got his exclusive pre-talk interview and reporter #1 would have to wait after the program if he wanted an interview. Reporter #1 was so ticked he didn't stick around and left the camerman to get some routine footage. I guess the moral to the story is don't treat the little guy/gal like **** cause sometimes the bottom and not the top can help you out.
    Last edited by RWB; 04-25-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey Mark,

Nice show!

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Figured this was a good thread to toss out my media story.

This was in 1986(?) and Dr. Jack Ramsay was going to give some type of coaching talk in THaute. I was working security at the event and as we waited for the coach to arrive there were two competing television sports anchors standing in a hallway outside the meeting room who would attempt to get an interview. The one anchor was really agitated and complaining to his cameraman cause Ramsay was running late. I figured I'd help him out a little if they were on some type of deadline by giving him some inside info. Basically I knew which parking lot and reserved space he was going to be pulling into and that he could probably grab his interview sooner. But..... I didn't get two words out of my mouth before he puts his hand up and says " yo, I'm busy" and just brushes me off and walks away.

Meanwhile anchor #2 who is just standing there waiting looks over and says to me "Yeah he's kind of known as a dick". I start laughing and say I don't take things personal in this job but how would you like to get that first shot at an interview?

Long story short.... I got Jack Ramsay parked in his reserved space. Reporter #2 got his exclusive pre-talk interview and reporter #1 would have to wait after the program if he wanted an interview. Reporter #1 was so ticked he didn't stick around and left the camerman to get some routine footage. I guess the moral to the story is don't treat the little guy/gal like **** cause sometimes the bottom and not the top can help you out.
    OK its been almost 30 years, but some of us remember some of the sports reporters from back then, so you have to tell us who the reporters were.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Since this happened in Haute I doubt you'll know this guy UB but you never know. I can't remember the name of the NBC laid back anchor but the other guy's name is Mike King. I believe King does something for the Indy 500 now?

Side note: The other part of the story is I got Jack Ramsay's autograph on the back of a parking ticket.
    Last edited by RWB; 04-25-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mike King, assuming it's the same Mike King, does Indycar on radio for the Indycar network as well as does the Indycar Lights broadcasts on TV (NBC Sports channel).
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Mike King, assuming it's the same Mike King, does Indycar on radio for the Indycar network as well as does the Indycar Lights broadcasts on TV (NBC Sports channel).
    Looks like they are one and the same:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ki...o_announcer%29

He began his announcing career at Campbell University, his alma mater, where he was studying to become a minister. He worked as a sports writer for several North Carolina newspapers, and worked as sports information director at Campbell University from 1981–1982. He started on television in Greenville, North Carolina, then took over as sports director at WTHI-TV in Terre Haute, Indiana.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

RWB

Thanks, I figured he'd eventually being doing the Morning AM show in Paducah KY with that diva attitude.

Side note: Coach Jack drove a really nice Vette and when he pulled into the lot it's a good thing women, children, or small animals were not in the way.
    Last edited by RWB; 04-25-2013 at 01:37 PM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    I just got around to listening some Dakich segments on the Sandi Marcius/Purdue deal and he wound up quoting a good bit of this thread verbatim. The segments are from the 23rd, realized it was this one when he shouted out Unclebuck.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: