Rather ironic fortunately for the Cowboys that never happened...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...boys/#comments

Favre dreamed of playing for the Cowboys

Posted by Mike Florio on April 14, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT

Getty Images
At a time when quarterback Brett Favre hopes to get back in the good graces of Green Bay, it probably makes sense to temper talk of how he really had wanted to play for a different team.

On Friday, before an SMU Athletic Forum luncheon in Dallas, Favre admitted that he always wanted to play for the Cowboys.

“I grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan,” Favre said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “I loved Roger Staubach. That was back when teams kept the same players on the roster for a long time. Drew Pearson, Randy White, Charlie Waters, Danny White, Robert Newhouse, Tony Dorsett, Billy Joe DuPree, I could go just on and on. I always dreamed of playing for the Cowboys, playing in the Super Bowl.”

Instead, Favre had a hard time beating the Cowboys. Green Bay’s Super Bowl run came when the Packers managed to avoid Dallas, thanks to the Panthers.

“I was thinking, ‘Please, please, beat them.’ I just had enough,” Favre said. “Other guys were saying, ‘I want them again.’ I’d had them enough. That was the biggest issue, we just couldn’t get past Dallas.”

Maybe it’s fitting, then, that Favre’s last postseason win came against the Cowboys, a 34-3 drubbing of Dallas that came a week before the epic “Bobby, give me my money” NFC title game loss at New Orleans.