Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: With the 24th pick...

Default Re: With the 24th pick...

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First question do you watch just the highlight videos or actual game videos that show what happen on each offensive down, to me those are more helpful, in those I see Woods running precise routes but sometimes it the CB knows exactly where he is going and he does not get much separation, as far as the diving catches and stuff I mean that all depends on where the QB puts the ball, I have not seem many situations where Hopkins has had to dive to get the ball, one thing they both do well, which is also something they will both have to do often at the next level, is high pointing the ball, I think Hopkins beats Woods out in this area.

I actually think the deep play ability of both is about the same, Hopkins was used more on vertical passing routes, while Woods was more short to medium routes. Concentration can be seen in both Hopkins and Woods, they both make tough catches in traffic and those that are off target, but like I said they were used two different ways, and honestly we are just giving our opinions, thats why I saw we will see what happens when they eventually make it to the league, my choice is hopkins over woods right now.

Checkout this game an you can see within the first 2 minutes Hopkins physicality(especially in run blocking), his route running, his concentration on the ball, his high pointing the ball, his catching the ball with his hands, and his separation skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k

This is also a good video also:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...eandre-hopkins
    My wifes from USC country and I am a big Irish fan. I have seen plenty of Woods to form an unbiased opinion on him.

The LSU game was a good game for Hopkins but I didn't like how he got pushed out of bounds on more than one play and I don't like all the free releases WR have when the QB is a running threat. IT forces DB's to play off of guys like this and basically doesn't make them redirect their routes.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    My wifes from USC country and I am a big Irish fan. I have seen plenty of Woods to form an unbiased opinion on him.

The LSU game was a good game for Hopkins but I didn't like how he got pushed out of bounds on more than one play and I don't like all the free releases WR have when the QB is a running threat. IT forces DB's to play off of guys like this and basically doesn't make them redirect their routes.
    Ok
    Why so SERIOUS

Jarvis Jones says he isn't falling past the Steelers so that pipedream is gone. Datone Jones or Keenan Allen are my 2 wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Jarvis Jones says he isn't falling past the Steelers so that pipedream is gone. Datone Jones or Keenan Allen are my 2 wishes.
    I think jones Is overexagerating his worth there. Strong chance he falls to the colts.u

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    I think jones Is overexagerating his worth there. Strong chance he falls to the colts.u
    I don't think so, typically when a player makes a comment that openly he has a promise from the team that they will take him if he is there.
    Why so SERIOUS

I don't think so, typically when a player makes a comment that openly he has a promise from the team that they will take him if he is there.
    Jarvis jones is a great player but I would be absolutely shocked if the steelers don't go on the offensive side of the ball.

Isn't Jones known for taking some plays off?

I, like a lot of people, wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Colts trade down. This is a great draft to have lots of picks or trade down and try and get an extra one or two for the future.

I am excited about this draft for two reasons:

1. The Colts filled most holes in free agency
    Depth is still a concern at most positions but I think Grigson did a great job of filling the holes in free agency. He filled the roster so that there is just not one glaring need the Colts must address in the first round which gives them the flexibility to take the best player available or trade down.

2. The depth of this draft
    This is not a good draft if you need a QB. It actually lacks the skill positions overall at least at the top of the draft. However, you have holes to fill on the offensive or defensive line, linebacker or at cornerback then this is a great draft.

I don't have particular players in mind as far as who I think the Colts should draft. I do expect them to go with guys who are known to work their butts off and not go after players who don't give it their all 100% of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if we are asking "who?" after the Colts make their picks....just like we asked after the free agent signings.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Jarvis jones is a great player but I would be absolutely shocked if the steelers don't go on the offensive side of the ball.
    Why? They just lost James Harrison who was a key to their defense for many years
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

I am thinking now if Datone Jones is there at 24 we will take him, I think he has multiple pro bowls written all over him, and he seems like a Pagano type guy.

I have narrowed down my guys to Datone Jones, Rhodes, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Jones(although I think he will be gone by the steelers)
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post

I, like a lot of people, wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Colts trade down. This is a great draft to have lots of picks or trade down and try and get an extra one or two for the future.
    Agree with that but read yesterday that there are many teams that wanna trade down in and from the 1st round. So if true, that makes it a bit more difficult (if we want to move down of course).
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I agree really Datone Jones just seems to strike me as a player the colts would like very versatile guy reminds me alot of Melton for the bears
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Die hard Pacers fan!!!!! SIR-LANCE-ALOT's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Xavier Rhodes.
    HE WOULD BE GOOD IF WE PLAYED A ZONE D, but man to man defender is not his strong points, we will probably draft either D.Jones of ucla or Hunt from SMU or trade the pick and collect for picks

I am thinking now if Datone Jones is there at 24 we will take him,
    I have narrowed down my guys to Datone Jones, Rhodes, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Jones(although I think he will be gone by the steelers)
    I'd still rather have Jesse Williams over Datone Jones all day.. I'm starting to really like DJ Hayden too and believe he'd be a better fit than Rhodes, but we'd be lucky if either are there at 24. Jarvis Jones is still my favorite pick if he's available.

Hayden will well and truly be there and i dont think he goes in round 1 just because some ESPN nerds say so

I really think they go defense. Pass rusher or DB specifically. Gives them one more year to see exactly what they have in TY and Brazil and a year to see if DHB is more than a one year pick up.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to see a trade back for a 2 and a 3

I wonder if there is an iPad app where I can watch this live, won't be around a tv this evening.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Hayden will well and truly be there and i dont think he goes in round 1 just because some ESPN nerds say so
    Mayock has a hard on for him and in their last mock draft on NFLN, they picked him at 24 for us.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SIR-LANCE-ALOT View Post
    HE WOULD BE GOOD IF WE PLAYED A ZONE D, but man to man defender is not his strong points, we will probably draft either D.Jones of ucla or Hunt from SMU or trade the pick and collect for picks
    Lol, you must know nothing about Rhodes because it is the exact opposite way around, he is very good man to man and press, but he struggles in off coverage and zone, Hunt from SMU is a no go from my view point, grigson said he wanted someone who could push to start right away and he needs a ton of development, and is 25 already so I would hate that pick.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by habart30 View Post
    I'd still rather have Jesse Williams over Datone Jones all day.. I'm starting to really like DJ Hayden too and believe he'd be a better fit than Rhodes, but we'd be lucky if either are there at 24. Jarvis Jones is still my favorite pick if he's available.
    Cooling of Jesse Williams a bit, while he is versatile, jones is as well, but Jones is more disruptive and causes havoc in the backfield. I like DJ Haydens game but there was only one tape available on him, I would like to see more before I have him jumping over Rhodes, but I am sure that the Colts were able to see more tape though, and I am with you Jones is my top guy, I think he really fills a hole for now and the future and is pretty dynamic...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

The analyst are typically late to what teams think and that is why hayden is coming around now, Also it was more of Mike Mayock that is really pushing Hayden and he is much better at stuff than McShay and Kiper to me.
    Why so SERIOUS

Who i would pick: Robert Woods

who i think grigson will pick: Datone Jones or Damontre Moore

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who i would pick: Robert Woods

who i think grigson will pick: Datone Jones or Damontre Moore
    Who i would pick: Eddie Lacy
    Grigson: Xavier Rhodes
    Smothered Chicken!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Who i would pick: Eddie Lacy
    Grigson: Xavier Rhodes
    Eddie Lacy hasn't been the best RB on his team since High School...

I would honestly take Wo'manti the Slow-mosexual before Lacy and Lacy abused him one-on-one...

Hopefully, qb's get overvalued and 3 go before we pick. Then, maybe a Jonathon Cooper or Jones slides to us. Otherwise, I would like to see us trade down to the bottom of the first or top of the second to pick up an extra second or third rounder...

Everyone is saying Dee Milliner is falling because of a shoulder injury.

Mood

Damontre Moore is not even a first round prospect for most anymore, some even have him in the late 2nd early 3rd.

Why would we go after Eddie Lacy, bigger needs, cheaper just to do running back by committee

I like the Rhodes and Jones pick, just wondering why those are not your top picks

Also Miliner is dropping not only because of shoulder, but he has had 5 other surgeries, scopes on hip, something done with his knee and some other stuff, still will probably go top 15
    Why so SERIOUS