Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78

Thread: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

  1. #26
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,309

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Damn you Marcus Smart. He's the guy I really want in this draft. Not a chance in hell to get him.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,044

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if we can get a PG this offseason (either draft or FA) we move Hill to SG. A young PG could come in here and if he is moldable, he could change the current offensive culture.
    I don't see the point of that at all. Since the all-star break the offense has been running at a similar efficiency as the Clippers 8th ranked offense. So I don't see a need to revamp the offense, as far as the starters go.

  3. #28
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he can play defense, and finish around the rim I would be ok with him as a back-up. He does need to put on some muscle, I wouldn't stash him away in Europe though, if we draft him bring him over immediately. Have him and Hibbert work out together in the offseason doing all of those MMA workouts. The sooner he gets acclimated to the NBA the better. Just have to remember he will be coming here as a back-up, so you wouldn't necessarily be expecting him to be a complete player, and if he can do one thing, defense, at a high level you have a pretty good back-up as long as he isn't a complete detriment on offense. If he is shooting 74% that tells me he is well aware of his weaknesses, and doesn't try to play outside his strengths. A good attribute for any player, but especially for a back-up.

    He doesn't have the body yet, but we also already have Ian. So he wouldn't be expected to come in and play immediately. It would give him time to develop his body, and other skills. Then when he is ready Ian would be on the final year or two of his contract, making him good trade bait.

    Also think about this, we would have four 7 footers on our team. If Plumlee becomes useful no one will be able to really compete with our size as we could have a front court line-up consisting of a 6'10 SF, 7' PF, and 7'2 C. Then we still have a 7'1 guy with a freakish wingspan stashed away on our bench. The only problem is I wouldn't trust either Plumlee or this guy to develop a good offensive game, meaning we would still have little to no post offense off the bench.
    I agree with several of your points, Eleazar. Gobert can play defense. He has the insticts to be an amazing shot-blocker. But he is not a good post defender due to his weight. He is too thin to guard an NBA big in the post. On the other hand, he is mobile and can be a good PnR defender. So, he would give us some certain advantages.

    He can also finish around the rim. But can he do it through contact? That's the thing that scares me. Hibbert is missing several lay-ups due to a weaker base (compared to his upper body). But Hibbert's base is like a trunk in front of Gobert's. At least, the current Gobert that I have seen in videos. The best thing that could happen to him was to gain weight without losing mobility. If he can do that, he will be useful.

    If then he can acquire some offensive skills (passing, jump shot or post moves) then he will be golden.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  4. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,044

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with several of your points, Eleazar. Gobert can play defense. He has the insticts to be an amazing shot-blocker. But he is not a good post defender due to his weight. He is too thin to guard an NBA big in the post. On the other hand, he is mobile and can be a good PnR defender. So, he would give us some certain advantages.

    He can also finish around the rim. But can he do it through contact? That's the thing that scares me. Hibbert is missing several lay-ups due to a weaker base (compared to his upper body). But Hibbert's base is like a trunk in front of Gobert's. At least, the current Gobert that I have seen in videos. The best thing that could happen to him was to gain weight without losing mobility. If he can do that, he will be useful.

    If then he can acquire some offensive skills (passing, jump shot or post moves) then he will be golden.
    Yeah, his build is defiantly a concern which is part of why I would want him to get over here ASAP so that he can start getting used to the more physical nature of NBA basketball.

    As far as Hibbert goes, I doubt that has anything to do with strength or base. I think Hibbert just has bad balance, so while a concern I would not expect him to need to have as strong of base as Hibbert.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  6. #30

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if we can get a PG this offseason (either draft or FA) we move Hill to SG. A young PG could come in here and if he is moldable, he could change the current offensive culture.

    PATRICK BEVERLY

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're going to trade for Oladipo.

    And by trade for him, I mean we're going to trade the Eric Gordon rumors and speculation for Oladipo rumors and speculation.
    Count me in!

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  10. #32

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Count me in!

    no kidding, at least Oladipo's completely healthy and doesn't have a terrible contract and some hints of being a prima donna

  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #33

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    NO PROJECTS! We have one now in Plumlee that is going to take years to get any contribution from.

    LOL! That some would rather draft a long term project when they already have one in Plumlee than trade the pick in a package for help next season and in the future. Just SMH.

  13. #34
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, his build is defiantly a concern which is part of why I would want him to get over here ASAP so that he can start getting used to the more physical nature of NBA basketball.

    As far as Hibbert goes, I doubt that has anything to do with strength or base. I think Hibbert just has bad balance, so while a concern I would not expect him to need to have as strong of base as Hibbert.
    Well, I think that Hibbert's upper body is stronger than his lower body this season which did not happen during last season and that this affected his balance. But that's just me. He could simply have bad balance xD

    I agree that Gobert will have to come over to the NBA immediatedly. I am quite sure that he is going to do just that.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  14. #35
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PATRICK BEVERLY
    Good player that fits our system but I don't see the Rockets letting him go.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. #36
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,606

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gobert is an athletic freak. He is born in 1992, he is 7 foot and a quarter barefoot (which means that in the NBA he will be at least 7'1) and has a monstrous wingspan (7'9).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point, he is only a shot-blocker and a PnR finisher. He is quite thin (235 lbs according to DX) although he is lately looking to add some weight. He is very willing to come and play in the NBA.

    The problem with Gobert is that he is going to be drafted solely because of his athletic potential, which is enormous. He has not developed basketball skills yet.

    I wouldn't mind him at our pick. He is good value for late 1st. But I've seen several mock drafts that have him slated to go top 10. That would be a major mistake, imo.
    This is why some Team will reach and draft him.....some Team ALWAYS drafts based off of potential, athleticsm and wingspan.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. #37
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,606

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Stupid question, but I recognize a lot of the famous last names of some of these players....McAdoo, Glen Rice JR and Glenn Robinson III. Is McAdoo related to Bob McAdoo? Looks like a lot of the sons of former NBA Players in the 70s and 80s are getting to the NBA.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #38

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stupid question, but I recognize a lot of the famous last names of some of these players....McAdoo, Glen Rice JR and Glenn Robinson III. Is McAdoo related to Bob McAdoo? Looks like a lot of the sons of former NBA Players in the 70s and 80s are getting to the NBA.
    Bob's his cousin or something like that

  18. #39

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Good player that fits our system but I don't see the Rockets letting him go.

    That is where a good FO earns it's paycheck. Being conservative isn't going to get a deal done, so let Pritchard work his magic.

  19. #40
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why some Team will reach and draft him.....some Team ALWAYS drafts based off of potential, athleticsm and wingspan.
    I'm afraid that some team is going to reach and draft him in the top 10 just like you say. That's exactly what the Wizards did with Vesely. If he goes top 10 then I'm afraid that he's going to be considered a bust.

    He is really raw as a basketball player. He shouldn't go that high (again, just like Vesely). He has the potential to be a very fine player in this league but I'm going to be sad if people start considering him a bust just because he got overdrafted.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  21. #41
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,606

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm afraid that some team is going to reach and draft him in the top 10 just like you say. That's exactly what the Wizards did with Vesely. If he goes top 10 then I'm afraid that he's going to be considered a bust.

    He is really raw as a basketball player. He shouldn't go that high (again, just like Vesely). He has the potential to be a very fine player in this league but I'm going to be sad if people start considering him a bust just because he got overdrafted.
    Makes you wonder how many basketball Players that were drafted too high wouldn't have done better being drafted lower, being put in the right system/Coach and path for proper basketball development.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  23. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're going to trade for Oladipo.

    And by trade for him, I mean we're going to trade the Eric Gordon rumors and speculation for Oladipo rumors and speculation.
    I like it! We come out WAY ahead on that deal.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  25. #43
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no kidding, at least Oladipo's completely healthy and doesn't have a terrible contract and some hints of being a prima donna
    Plus his name is just about the most fun you can having saying a basketball player's name O-LA-DIPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. #44

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus his name is just about the most fun you can having saying a basketball player's name O-LA-DIPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    if he doesn't have national Home Depot commercials within 2 years he needs a new agent

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  28. #45
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Not sure I'd be too excited about gambling on a super project like that string bean sounds like he is. I'm all for going with best player available, though, so if that's him then so be it.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  30. #46
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Love to take Allen Crabbe from California at 23, some shooting off the bench.

    In the article says he is a "bit lackadaisical on the defensive end", didn't see that in the tournament games. Looks like he's capable and athletic enough to play good defense.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  31. #47
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,137
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    I could see a couple of the teams in the top 10 trading their pick. The Cavs can get a vet for 1 year in hopes for Lebron, the Pelicans could use a veteran as well, and the Thunder I see as being like the Patriots of the NBA; just continue to gather and stash picks.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  32. #48

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    I was looking at the draft-express mockdraft and they had us taking a 6'7'' point guard (Lew Westermann), although he is also a part of the international game, seems interesting, since there aren't that many tall point guards. Reading his profile made it seem though he isn't very athletic, so not sure if he would translate into the NBA.

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...stermann-6149/

  33. #49
    Member Ichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO PROJECTS! We have one now in Plumlee that is going to take years to get any contribution from.

    LOL! That some would rather draft a long term project when they already have one in Plumlee than trade the pick in a package for help next season and in the future. Just SMH.
    A long term project in Gobert would hopefully yield successful results when he's like 23 or 24, which Plumlee already is. I like Plumlee... Not where we picked him really... But I don't mind him. But I'd take Gobert and his potential over Plumlee for sure.

  34. #50
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Helped Pulp gain some confidence. I know he and Gobert are not both apples, but I wouldn't say it's completely useless.
    Yeah, my thanks were based on agreeing that it doesn't simulate the NBA and isn't good for teaching the "game". It's good for a guy that needs reps and individual game improvements or confidence. This is why it was such a good fit for OJ.

    But rotations, floor spacing, etc, you aren't learning the "game" in that way. That's what keeps the D-league from being the MLB farm system where development targets and levels are clearly defined.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Ford Mock Draft 7.1
    By Pacersalltheway10 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 03:24 PM
  3. (Ford's) Mock Draft 6.0
    By JB24 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 06:16 PM
  4. Ford's Mock Draft 5.0
    By rousea24 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:00 AM
  5. Chad Ford's Mock Draft
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •