Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

  1. #1
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    This is regarding a debate I'm having with my uncle. I need some of youse to settle it for me.

    IF IF IF the Pacers traded their #1 pick and Danny Granger for the #1 overall pick in this draft so that they could get Trey Burke, do you think the Pacers would do it? And do you think the opposing team would do it?

    I realize this is not possible because this isn't the NFL, so you just have to play along.

    Feel free to throw out your personal opinion. I would love to hear it. But keep in mind my question is do you think the Pacers and/or Organization X would do it.

  2. #2
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    498
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph_HorseLips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is regarding a debate I'm having with my uncle. I need some of youse to settle it for me.

    IF IF IF the Pacers traded their #1 pick and Danny Granger for the #1 overall pick in this draft so that they could get Trey Burke, do you think the Pacers would do it? And do you think the opposing team would do it?

    I realize this is not possible because this isn't the NFL, so you just have to play along.

    Feel free to throw out your personal opinion. I would love to hear it. But keep in mind my question is do you think the Pacers and/or Organization X would do it.
    If I had the #1 pick in the draft, I'd laugh at the Pacers for that proposal. Sorry, but Danny was never worth the #1 pick, even when healthy.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    The Pacers would do it, the other team would not.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,261

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had the #1 pick in the draft, I'd laugh at the Pacers for that proposal. Sorry, but Danny was never worth the #1 pick, even when healthy.
    I'd laugh at the Pacers for drafting Trey Burke with the #1 overall pick in the draft.

  7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    498
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd laugh at the Pacers for drafting Trey Burke with the #1 overall pick in the draft.

    I agree.

  9. #6
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Who would you pick instead of Burke?

  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,261

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph_HorseLips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who would you pick instead of Burke?
    Oladipo, Noel, Otto Porter.

  11. #8
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,583

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    An injured / rehabing Danny and a pick in the 20s does not equal the #1 overall pick.

    Also, why the heck would anyone draft Burke at #1?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  12. #9
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,625

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    hell after tonight I may trade Paul George for it

  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    yuma
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph_HorseLips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is regarding a debate I'm having with my uncle. I need some of youse to settle it for me.

    IF IF IF the Pacers traded their #1 pick and Danny Granger for the #1 overall pick in this draft so that they could get Trey Burke, do you think the Pacers would do it? And do you think the opposing team would do it?

    I realize this is not possible because this isn't the NFL, so you just have to play along.

    Feel free to throw out your personal opinion. I would love to hear it. But keep in mind my question is do you think the Pacers and/or Organization X would do it.
    I wouldn't do that trade with a 1 legged Granger.

  14. #11
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    I think Burke is going higher than some of you realize.

  15. #12
    The Chef! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Burke going number 1 overall.
    @qandrews9428

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    The Chef! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    By the way, Granger is absolutely worthless, unless a team is seeking cap relief with an expiring contract. Until I see otherwise, I am going to assume Danny will never be the same.
    @qandrews9428

  18. #14
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,583

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph_HorseLips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Burke is going higher than some of you realize.
    He isn't going #1, though. Noel is the safest bet for #1.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. #15
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    I wish I could start this thread over.

    Burke going #1 was more based on the Pacers' needs and how they appear to need a guard before any sort of interior player. This proposal isn't meant to predict Burke as the #1 overall. Forget Burke and enter in whatever #1 overall pick you think the Pacers would want.

    Also, I meant to say "assuming a healthy Danny Granger". If the other team has reason to believe Granger will be healthy and back to 20 PPG or so, do they do it?

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randolph_HorseLips For This Useful Post:


  21. #16
    The Chef! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph_HorseLips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish I could start this thread over.

    Burke going #1 was more based on the Pacers' needs and how they appear to need a guard before any sort of interior player. This proposal isn't meant to predict Burke as the #1 overall. Forget Burke and enter in whatever #1 overall pick you think the Pacers would want.

    Also, I meant to say "assuming a healthy Danny Granger". If the other team has reason to believe Granger will be healthy and back to 20 PPG or so, do they do it?
    You don't trade a guy with a lot of potential that you guarantee can have for 7 or 8 years for a guy with severe injury issues on the last year of a 14 million dollar contact with no guarantee that he would come back.
    @qandrews9428

  22. #17
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'd draft Mclemore first.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #18
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't trade a guy with a lot of potential that you guarantee can have for 7 or 8 years for a guy with severe injury issues on the last year of a 14 million dollar contact with no guarantee that he would come back.
    And our #1 pick.

    So in summary...

    An encouragingly healthy Danny Granger and our #1 pick (we'll say #25 overall or so)

    to

    Team X for the #1 overall pick.

  24. #19
    The Chef! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph_HorseLips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And our #1 pick.

    So in summary...

    An encouragingly healthy Danny Granger and our #1 pick (we'll say #25 overall or so)

    to

    Team X for the #1 overall pick.
    Encouragingly healthy?
    @qandrews9428

  25. #20
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Trey Burke looking pretty good right now. Not #1 overall, IMO, but lottery for sure. Maybe top six or seven.
    Last edited by 5_7_Clash; 04-06-2013 at 10:55 PM.

  26. #21
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Encouragingly healthy?
    Yes!

    This thread is a trainwreck... lol

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Randolph_HorseLips For This Useful Post:


  28. #22
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph_HorseLips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish I could start this thread over.
    Your first mistake was asking this board a discussion question and expecting it to go well

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:


  30. #23
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    Ha!

    My bad, though. This isn't my first rodeo as far as message boards go, and I know that you must word things VERY CAREFULLY otherwise things get off track quickly.

    I just waltzed on here tonight and blurted out the question because it was fresh on my mind. I did a poor job of putting you guys in me and my uncle's conversation.

  31. #24
    Member Randolph_HorseLips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Danville
    Posts
    365

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    5_7 clash is a Cardinal fan, I see. Good man.

  32. #25
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hypothetical (but impossible) Trade Proposal

    No team would trade a top ten pick for an injured Danny Granger and our pick This isn't the NFL, draft picks are important to most teams. I have Burke going in the 10 to 15 range. But with how he's playing lately I could see him cracking the top ten. I'd rather have smart or MCW though.

Similar Threads

  1. CHA/PAC/MIA Trade Proposal
    By MillerTime in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
  2. Hypothetical ??? - What NBA Team Did Not make a Trade?
    By indyblue47 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 04:00 AM
  3. My Dream/Probably impossible Ron trade
    By Isaac in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 07:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •